“others ask me because I'm a reception for large firm”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, GA
“others ask me because I'm a reception for large firm”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Artmore Hotel, located in the midst of the draw of the city, Midtown, is a "don't pass me up" experience. Surprisingly is very moderately priced with newly renovated rooms and lots to enjoy and relax in the courtyard and cafes. Good breakfast bar and comfort areas in the hotel. Is conveniently located across the street form the Atlanta public transportation train system (MARTA). Within one block is the Atlanta High Museum and also the Atlanta Symphony and Alliance Theatre. A few blocks more and you're in the heart of Piedmont park. Restaurants surround. A step above Marriott Courtyard and Residences, and Marriotts are always a good choice. No pool.

Room Tip: unique rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2014
Dear loveabeach60,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our courtyard, location and breakfast bar. Our location and facilities are ideal for both business and leisure guests so that no matter the purpose of your visit, you'll be guaranteed to have a great stay and a great time with us.

Yours in hospitality,

Mara Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Artmore is perfect for those looking to stay at a non-cookie cutter hotel. Our room was unique, and we slept well. The women at the front desk and gentlemen running the valet were friendly and helpful. Although there are no bells and whistles (i.e. coffee in the room, complimentary breakfast), the hotel is near many good restaurants, and it even has its own small bar/restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Brette P,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I delighted in sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore!

Thanks again!

All the Best,

Yreka, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We broke down on 1-75 at 5 p.m. in Atlanta Georgia. Waited 2 1/2 hours for a tow. When the driver got to us we were frazzled. He he helped us find a Safe area to stay. I called the Art more Hotel and was happy they had a room. When we pulled to the front of it, we were shocked to see how fancy it was. They were so gracious to us knowing what we had just experienced. They gave us a beautiful room for 129+ tax. It had 2 queen beds. It was just wonderful. The next day we waited for our car to be fixed which took all day. They let us stay Friday at the same rate and gave us a wonderful breakfast. We want to personally thank each and everyone that works there for their hospitality. They were all so friendly. I would recommend that you stay here if you are in the area. I would love to stay there under different circumstances though. And they loved our dog too!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lakota143
Dear lakota143,

Thank you for your great review! Although the circumstances that brought you to us were not the best, we are delighted you found us and that you enjoyed your stay and the gracious hospitality of our staff.

We love dogs at the Artmore, and we love that we had the opportunity to make you and yours comfortable while you were with us.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review.

Yours in Hospitality,

General Manger
New York, NY
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Was there on business, and I think my hosts were going for cool/artsy rather than luxurious. I appreciated the uniqueness of the place, but as a veteran of four-star funkiness with a strong preference for modern design, I found this place to be too funky and grungy for my tastes.

Though it seemed nice my first room was on a busy street so I asked to be moved to a quieter room. This second room was unrenovated, small with a tiny old bathroom, and a mini-kitchen that smelled like disinfectant. The bed was quite uncomfortable. It was a courtyard room, and as soon as I moved in, a cheesy smooth jazz band began playing right outside my window. So much for the quiet room. I was too exhausted to move again.

Finally, upon checkout the front desk refused to admit that my room was paid for by my hosts (something that they DID recognize at check-in), and required me to pay for it myself, a situation that was cleared up only after my return to New York.

Room Tip: I hear the duplex/suites are nice and newly renovated.
Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nyc_digitaldad
Dear nyc_digitaldad,

It's always off-putting to hear that we have missed the mark with one of our guests. I am sorry that your experience did not go over as well as either one of us would have hoped. I would also like to apologize about the confusion regarding the payment of your room. We are always improving our guest experience and regularly changing out the mattresses is just one of our programs.

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and again I apologize that your stay was not adequate. If you decide to return to the Artmore (for business or otherwise) please feel free to reach out to me directly. Regardless if you stay with us or not, I truly hope you find comfort and satisfaction upon your next Atlanta visit.

Kind Regards,

mara@artmorehotel.com
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived for 2 nights on way back to UK ,room we were originally allocated was adequate ,however on the first night late in the evening the bathroom ceiling started to leak water from above.The hotel manager without any fuss moved us up to a two bedroom two storey loft suite with first night complimentary and second night original rate.We were very impressed with how swiftly and efficiently this was dealt with,all of the staff were extremely helpful ,friendly and approachable .The only negative was that there was no complimentary coffee making facility in the rooms,everything was chargeable which is a shame as we have stayed in much more basic accommodation which have all had complimentary coffee.That is the only negative,good bar,lovely outside sitting area in courtyard in a very good location with restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garry D
Dear Garry D,

Thank you for sharing your review with the Tripadvisor Community. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

I hope that when your travels bring you back to Atlanta again we will be able to welcome you to the Artmore Midtown Atlanta.

Cheers from across the pond,

Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here -- our first visit -- but this won't be our last. We savored wine and the rare summer breeze in the courtyard, lounged in the loft, shared stories with the bartender and the manager, enjoyed the breakfast in the quiet club room. Every member of the staff from check-in to housekeeping to valet service was friendly, professional, and utterly top notch (special kudos to Enoch for his above and beyond duty getting our room together). Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: The lofts on the third floor were quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TinaW2011,

Thank you so much for choosing the Artmore for your Anniversary. We are happy that you chose us and I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us,

We look forward to having you back on your anniversary next year, or for any other special occasion!

Kind Regards,

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staying at the Artmore is an exquisite experience! Staff are extraordinary in their courtesy and service. The facility is gorgeous and the location is perfect--easy access to the interstates and centrally located to the magnificent downtown arts scene, particularly the Woodruff Arts Center and the High Museum of Art. Da Vinci pizza is one block away for fabulous artisanal pies, and mass transit is across the street to whisk you to venues beyond easy walking distance. The Artmore is a destination hotel, not to be missed!

Room Tip: The loft suite is the incredible!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sammy-Trotter, Public Relations Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Debora F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your excellent experience at the Artmore Hotel! If we told you some of us had a tab over at Da Vinci's, I guess you wouldn't be surprised! Thanks so much for choosing the Artmore Hotel, we truly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,