“Charming hotel, Enjoyed our Stay!”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed here for one night. The valets were great and the staff was helpful. The hotel is very close to the Arts Center MARTA station which was very convenient. I agree with the other posters about the noise level between the rooms and the hallways, (we used the Sound Machine app on our smartphones). We enjoyed the Aveda products, and all of the linens were wonderful. Our room was spacious and had a kitchenette. They charged us a "incidental fee" of $25 that is supposed to be credited back to us after our stay - which is a little confusing.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Chose Artmore from online hotels we viewed for girls weekend. We typically do not like to stay in chain hotels. Building is beautiful., and the history is a treat! Other then that it lacked completely.
The staff was fantastic fom the Valet to the front desk personnel. They were friendly, quick and competent.

The bar tenders were wonderful! Friendly, efficient, but thisa is where pleasantries end.
Our room was very large, immaculate,and comfortable. Mini bar well stocked, but of course charges for everything was expensive. Coffee maker in room is $2.00 per cup(sm mug). Wish would have been told this. Free coffee in bar area rom 6-10, then no other option in sight unless leave hotel.
Bar is very small and lobby is almost non-existent, 4 women sitting in lobby filled it up. Only one bathroom(single stall) in lobby.
Courtyards are beautiful and VERY under used. Only one night was a one man sax player for 2 hrs, although he was very good.
I understand hotel is known for quaint and quiet, but this was just dull and boring. The feel for us was like paying to stay at a relatives house, rather then a hotel.
Also, be prepared to hear your neighbors shower, TV, and conversations. Walls very thin!!
All in all, will not stay again. That seemed to be feelings of other guests we spoke with as well.
Its a shame, it coud really be a special place!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 608mk
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the Artmore Hotel with my parents for eight nights, and in the process came to know the friendly faces there. Ansu, working in valet, always met us with a smile, and struck up conversation in the courtyard during breakfast or while we were enjoying a warm afternoon rest before dinner. He was a highlight of our time in Atlanta!

We loved our room - it was clean, spacious, and comfortable for three adults. Old movies on TV around the clock, and a small sink and fridge gave us all we needed. Jazz music on the veranda was wonderful, and a full service bar in the lobby made for convenient evenings.

We would recommend it for an affordable, comfortable, enjoyable stay in the Midtown area!

Room Tip: At times we could hear the steps of occupants in the room above us, as it is an old building. If yo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014

main complaint about this place is the small size of the rooms and the paper thin walls. i heard people in other rooms walking around at all hours of the night. when they shower, the noise is so incredibly loud that i complained and got a room change. the new room was much more spacious, but the noises remained the same.
if you are a deep sleeper looking for a three star hotel, this place may be the nice, quaint change of pace from corporate hotels. otherwise, i'd look elsewhere.
also, the $10 breakfast buffet is really not worth it. there is a serious lack of choices of hot food. scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits is about it. i'd suggest going to get breakfast elsewhere.
did not try the bar downstairs or the (very limited) room service menu. there are too many better places in the area.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I found this hotel after scanning through Travelocity and the hotel's decor really appealed to me from the start. I really enjoyed staying here and the price was acceptable $134 plus tax for two double-sized beds. Lets start with the cons and I will end with the pros because overall I would highly recommend your stay even though it was not perfect...but what experience really is, right? Located in Midtown Atlanta, the hotel was easy to pass up on a one way street because it does not dominate the block. It building is only three stories tall. On the positive, the cozy lobby was just the kind of place you may want to stay if you want to experience a cool funky and trendy hotel experience beyond the typical vaulted chandelier theme most dated hotels have. The courtyard was more beautiful in person than in the pictures. It is so nice and relaxing that I could have camped out there forever. The 1924 Mediterranean style building had been renovated but kept the old world charm in the courtyard....my favorite part of the hotel, by the way. What I really appreciated about the experience was how the staff chose to handle the problems I had experienced. Problem 1: The female bartender, named Samantha, was very cold and was rude to me when I sat down at the bar to purchase crab cakes and a salad. She treated me different. When a porcelain-skinned lady sat down three seats away from me for a her meal, she was greeted with pleasantries along with a place mat for her order and overall much different and positive experience than my own. Regardless, I was treated with substandard service from her. I mentioned in passing to the Manager and she offered me a courtesy glass of wine. I just hoped no else will deal with that issue. Problem 2: My room #215 lacked good air conditioning. It wasn't too hot at that time but I was afraid my sleeping would become compromised in the middle of the night. I called down to the front desk and they were able to accommodate me with another room immediately. They said they called our room that night to offer a courtesy breakfast ($10 value). My point is that every little issue I had was resolved and resolved quickly. Now the other things that I appreciated was the location was great...in walking distance to/from the subway and nice restaurants all up and around the corner. The hotel was right across the street from the Art Museum. My favorite experience was with a young black valet driver named Justin G.. As he was about to valet park the vehicle, he noticed that I had left about $3.00 in the vehicle and he mentioned that to me and attempt to give it me during a time when he could have just pocketed the $3 and I would not have remember or known whether it was even missing. I thanked him for his attention to that detail and for his honesty and kindness I asked him to just keep it in addition to his other tip. After I headed back up to my room, he followed me up to my floor a few minutes later and offered it back to me again stating that he did not want me to think he was trying to keep it but that he assured me that he was just doing his job . I again assured him that he could keep the extra tip for his kindness and honesty. Did I mention that his name was Justin G. =))

Room Tip: Snack machine is located on the 2nd floor next to the elevator. Cheaper than eating the snack from t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank reidie00
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed a few days. Great location for drivers and pedestrians (Metro station across the street. Two level loft/suite with wonderful space. Like living in throwback NYC apartment building. Helpful and friendly service, especially from Carlotta, April and Shaunte. Needs some updating in the courtyard and hallways. Would stay again without reservation (...you know what I mean)!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2014

For our holiday in The American South we had only booked three nights - two in Atalanta when we landed and then one more before we flew back. To make the holiday work well we wanted a good experience both to start off and to prepare to leave. Not happy or comfortable with 'chain' hotels we always look for something a bit different and we certainly found it in The Artmore. Our initial impressions were rather worrying as approaching from the back road it is not in the best part of town. However the reception and welcome soon made up for that. The staff were helpful, charming and engaging throughout. Valet parking works very well and lets you forget the car in this busy City for a while. The room was upgraded for free and we got a two level 'duplex' with attic style bedroom and loads of room - a family could easily have stayed there. The room had absolutely everything you might want - perhaps with the exception of a safe but the reception safe deposit was free and easy to use. Quirky "artful" deco throughout the hotel adds to it's charm - pictures of Audrey Hepburn etc.
The facilities at the hotel are great - lovely courtyard area to enjoy an evening cocktail and nice bar and other parts. we did not eat there but there are so many good restaurants within walking distance you did not need to. In fact the staff made two excellent recommendations and I think we found the best two places to eat int he whole City - South City Kitchen and Mary Mac's - see separate reviews.
All in all a great experience and reasonably priced for the level of accommodation, facilities and location.

Room Tip: Go with what they give you - both the rooms we had were great.