“Overall Good Hotel Centrally Located”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Nashville, Tennessee
“Overall Good Hotel Centrally Located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2010

We picked this hotel because it was close to everything we wanted to do while we were in Atlanta.

The Good:
Service from the staff was excellent, our room was spacious, good tv selection and the iPod dock saved my wife's iPhone from dying as we forgot her charger. The decor was pretty cool. Very close to cool bars and eats and Ikea, for which we came. Exterior decor is very cool too.

The So-So:
The bed was not very comfortable, the ac unit blows directly onto the bed, the elevator is not centrally located. We did not have a problem with sound, but it was obvious that the sound travels through the walls easily. The eggs at the continental breakfast were gross. Also, they need to have free parking... If you do go, know that there is a lot nearby that you can go to for cheaper rates.

Overall: If you value location, service, and appearance over some minor annoyances, I would recommend. If you are a light sleeper, I probably would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2010
Thank you riciulius for your review, for both the things you liked, and the things you didn't. This type of feedback will help us to improve and ulitimately have the Artmore be the only hotel traveler's want to stay at when visiting midtown Atlanta. We hope to welcome you back to the Artmore soon.

Warm Regards,

Michael Halpner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

I LOVED the Artmore Hotel. My husband and I were there for a three-day weekend. It is very conveniently located across the street from the Arts Center Marta station, so it was very easy to get around town for sightseeing. The hotel itself is an older building with unique character. Keep that in mind, because with an older building you might have some plumbing issues (the hot water had a much harder time getting to the shower head than the cold water, I finally took my shower with the cold water almost turned off). I also observed wallpaper peeling a little in the bathroom. These were very minor issues. The room was quiet, which may have been due to it being in a corner location. Our bed was comfy soft, and they gave us a king room even though we had only reserved a queen bed. The wifi was blazing fast, save for one very brief (less than 5 minute) outage. Our room was always promptly cleaned in our absence (and sometimes we returned quite early in the afternoon). I used the fitness center every day, and it was always clean, and they had fresh ice water, plain or flavored with lemon. We did not check out the breakfast. The front desk staff was extremely helpful when we asked for restaurant recommendations, and they called THREE times for us when our taxi was late showing up. What a great place!

1 Thank Katy1021
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Dear Katy,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!
Thanks again!

Safe Travels,

georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

I do not really have a review of the hotel because when we showed up, we were advised that there was a problem with the heat in one of the rooms and the hotel was booked so we would have to pick one of two other hotels down the street and stay there. No courtesty phone call was made to us advising of this...we were not told until we arrived which is poor customer service in my opinion. Anyway, we were assured the other place was also a "boutique" hotel, which was our reason for booking at the Artmore. Needless to say, when we arrived at the other hotel it was not even close to comparible to the style of the Artmore and we ended up having to deal with getting a refund through travelocity authorized by the Artmore and book another place at double the cost just to not ruin our special night out. Due to the manner in which the situation was handled, we would never choose the Artmore as a place to stay in Atlanta for future occasions and will not be booking anything through a travel site again since those reservations are obviously the first to be bumped when a hotel overbooks (which is what happens "all the time" per the manager at the second hotel we visited). The Artmore appeared to be gorgeous inside so I am not saying that it might not have been a nice place to stay but the fact that we had such a problem with the service we received in regards to our reservation which defeats the purpose of making a reservation, I cannot give it a good review.

2 Thank gbmommy
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2010
Dear gbmommy,

I sincerely apologize that you were sent to stay at another hotel this weekend. The city was very busy with Gift Mart in town, and we had no rooms available on Saturday night. It is true that we also lost a room due to a heating problem. I apologize that you weren't contacted in advance. With some of the third party sites, they do not share contact information all of the time.

With that being said, we really would like for you to experience the Artmore. Please contact me, so we can set this right, and have you see that the Artmore Hotel is committed to guest service.

Warm Regards,

nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

The Artmore is my ideal sort of hotel. Beautiful, elegant but not stuffy, great location right across from an art museum and a subway stop. If you hate soulless corporate hotel chains, but don't want to stay in someone's victorian fantasy b&b, this is the place for you. The wireless was super-fast, Turner Classic Movies on the flatscreen TV, a full kitchen in our room (I mean FULL -- large fridge, stove, oven, microwave...), small but adorable bathroom, very clean, art on the walls. A pretty good breakfast was included in the very reasonable price of the room. By "pretty good" I mean actual bacon (not the flavoured paper you may have eaten at the Holiday Inn), scrambled eggs, grits, granola and yoghurt, as well as the usual selection of toasts and cereals. Stay here if you have a chance! I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2010
Thank you so much for your fantastic review Bread and Roses. I am very happy that you had a great experience with us. We too feel that the Artmore is a rare find, and one that can provide a much needed respite from the the big box chain hotels. We can't wait to welcome you back in 2010 to your new home away from home in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Palm Springs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2009

If you want a quiet room, don't stay at the Artmore. While the rooms are beautifully furnished and comfortable, it is a refurbished older building and the acoustics are terrible. There were several parties on my floor, one next door, which woke me up necessitating a call to security at 1:00 AM. Someone came and the party ended. However, I was unable to sleep as there were continual shout-outs from up and down the hall and noisy people coming and going until I finally drifted off at 3:00 AM. Since there was a security guard on the premises, I don't understand why he did not "make the rounds" and hear this loud party earlier. If I had not called, would it have continued all night? I would not return to this property.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2009
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us, as we would like every guest to. We don't usually have noise complaints, as during the week, we are a business minded hotel. On the weekends, our crowd is more leisure minded, but folks are usually here for sporting events, or to visit all of the great cultural attractions around us. I apologize that you had a rowdy guest staying near you. Please contact me so we can make it right. We would love to have you back so you can experience what the Artmore is truly like.

Best Regards,

Michael
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

After doing a ton of research trying to find the perfect hotel for my husband and my 5th anniversary I decided on the Artmore. The good things were that it was directly across from the marta which was nice because the weather was horrible the whole time we were there. The rooms were very nice with a huge comfortable bed. While the hotel only has valet it was fantastic, every time we called to get the car it was there by the time we got downstairs. A few downsides though were while I was excited to see that the hotel was 100% smoke free every time we went down the hall someone was smoking in their room, which made the whole hallway smell like smoke. Also we were on an end room which had no sound barrier on the door at all. Both morning we were awoken very early by our neighbors coming back at night and leaving in the morning. Also breakfast was a little expensive but it is Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2009
Thank you so much for choosing the Artmore for your anniversary. We are happy that you chose us, and that your research led you to midtown Atlanta's authentic boutique hotel! I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us, and I will share your comments with the entire team. I apologize that you came accross some other guests smoking. We make every effort to deter guests from smoking in the rooms, and we are usually successfull . There is the occasional guest that does continue to smoke, despite our best efforts to curb it. When it does happen, our staff smoke treats the room, and returns it to it's smoke free state. I am sorry that this was a blight on an otherwise good experience. We look forward to having you back on your anniversary next year, or for any other special occasion!

Thanks again,
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

The Good- The room was surprisingly modern, the breakfast buffet was pretty good. But just okay nothing to brag about. The courtyard was the best part very different and attractive if it was summertime, we probably would've hung out.

The Bad- The valet service. Nobody was ever outside to pick up the cars, no signage of valet even on duty. We were simply told to leave our keys at the front desk, we had to carry our heavy bags in and out of the car (an inconvenience). The so-called WiFi internet access was never accessed. Front desk staff were choppy, not really friendly and we unprepared for guests.

The Ugly- The bathroom, the tinyest, outdated bathroom yet. I'm 5'11 & my boyfriend is 6'4 and we almost had to bend down to get in the bathroom. If you have the shower door open you can't have the bathroom door open at the same time. The tiles on the floor looked old & kinda gross circa 1900. The shower knobs were old fashion. The TV wasn't clear I don't know what's the purpose of a flat screen TV without clear cable stations?

All in all the hotel experience wasn't all that and they could've done so much better to make our stay grand. Won't be returning but we had an OK time.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gsuprgirl08
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I apologize that the experience wasn't memorable, or not one memorable enough to have you come back. We strive to create value by providing excellent service, and unique accommodations not currently found in Atlanta. Clearly, in your case we failed. We hope to accommodate you in the future, so you can really see what the Artmore experience is like.