“Beautiful hotel but AWFUL SERVICE!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel but AWFUL SERVICE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I really wanted to like this hotel. It's a very nice space, has a beautiful courtyard and is in a great location -but the service here is awful. Where do I begin? The tub was broken (drain and jet), problems with credit card authorization, sent my faxes to the wrong number, and - how could I forget- the front end manager INSISTING that no fax had come through because she would have seen it since she was sitting next to the fax machine "the entire time"- only for her to double check and see that yes, indeed my fax had arrived. And she never apologized for getting rude and defensive with me. Then, of course, it took 2 tries to get a receipt sent to me. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return unless it is under different management.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Villanova03
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Dear Villanova03,

I am very sorry that you didn't have a good experience with us. It is our mission to ensure that all of our guests are safisfied, and clearly in your case we failed. We take your comments very seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Michael Halpner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Heathrow, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Artmore was a perfect choice for our girlfriends getaway trip! The rooms were spacious and the hotel staff was fabulous - from Angela who answers the phone, Katie in reservations, Annie and Arnold at the desk, everyone was fabulous.
We walked to Atlantic Station for dinner. Which was an easy well-lit 10 minute walk from the hotel. After dinner we returned to the courtyard at the Artmore and enjoyed winding down and relaxing by the fire pit.
This hotel knows all about southern hospitality - thank you Artmore - we will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
lajane,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience of your time at the Artmore. I am so glad that you had a great girls weekend with us! I look forward to sharing this with our team here. Please hurry back!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Although the building has a charming courtyard, and very friendly front desk, there are some weird aspects of this Hotel I just had to share.

After receiving my room key, I found that housekeeping was still in the middle of cleaning. After a long night of traveling, I sat in the lounge for 15 minutes before being given the key to another room.

I entered my room,and found it had no bed. Perplexed, I loked around until I found that there were stairs hidden in the corner. I hauled my luggage upstairs to an attic with low ceiling, and skylights.

My stay was for 3 days, and I found it a little annoying that the tiny fridge was jam packed with mini bar items, and down the stairs. On my first night ( a saturday) my entire floor was occupied by a fraternity that partied loudly until the late am with all room doors open.

The wifi was barely working, and when I asked if that was normal, the front desk responded with "we'll send an it guy up right away". He never showed.

When I ordered room service one night, the person taking the order seemed annoyed, and when I asked "can I get a diet coke with that", she sighed, "suuuure", and hung up.

I laughed. WTF?

All in all I didn't hate it, but the place is definitely a little weird.

When I ordered

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tourguy11
Dear tourguy11,

I aplogize that you did not enjoy your time with us. We take you comments to heart, as it is truly mission to ensure that all of our guests are beyond satisfied. That is really the only reason for us to be in business. We clearly failed in several areas during your stay. I would love the opportuninity to attempt to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

Last night we were married in the courtyard of The Artmore and not only was it a beautiful location, but the staff was wonderful as well! Everyone was so incredibly attentive and took such great care with details for our magical evening. We and eight of our family and friends had rooms for the night and everyone was very impressed with the hotel and the service! Thank you so very much, Artmore Hotel and staff.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear lwood3399,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We truly enjoyed being part of your special day, and it was really our pleasure. Thanks again for choosing as your host for your once and in a lifetime event. Both of you will always have friends at the Artmore!

Hope to see you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

We were here for a wedding. Stayed for three nights. The staff from housekeeper to front deal staff, to event staff were all very attentive to our needs. The night of the wedding could not have been more perfect for my friends. The seem to all be one of a kind. We were in 4 different rooms and they were all set up differently. This is a one of a kind boutique hotel thar we would definitely stay at again. Thanks Artmore for making our stay great!

• Stayed November 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad that you enjoyed the wedding, and also discovered how truly unique the Artmore is! We feel very fortunate to have been part of such a memorable occasion. Please come back and stay again soon!

Safe Travels!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

We stayed at the Artmore for just one night on our way to South Carolina. We chose the Artmore because it was a good location in Midtown and was a reasonable price. We arrived on a Saturday night and there was really loud (but pretty good) music playing outside in the courtyard. Had we not been super tired and hungry we would have hung out and listened. The doormen/valets seemed a little more into the music than us, and no one offered to help us with our bags getting up the front entrance steps. Other than that check in went smoothly. It was an easy walk to all the midtown restaurants and bars. Our room was comfortable and quiet, the bed was very comfortable. We slept really well. Our room had a little kitchenette so I think this would be a great place to stay for a longer period. I did think it a little odd that they charged for coffee but the room rates were so good I didn't mind. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much travellingwithdogs for taking the time to write this review, and share of your experience of your time at the Artmore Hotel. I apologize that the valet parker did not help with your luggage, but I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Ensuring that the valet staff is practicing aggressive hospitality is something we are constantly reinforcing. I am glad it didn't spoil the rest of your visit. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

i recently stayed here for 2 nights when visiting ATL for business. i was surprised at how nice this renovated hotel was!!! i chose the Artmore on my own, knowing that i would be reimbursed by my business.. the hotels that my company usually chooses are larger mediocre chains (the Hyatt, Westin, etc,.) that are not nearly as clean, fun and comfortable!! would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Thanks dyn2trvl for this fantastic review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you discovered what a respite the Artmore is from the usual boring chain hotels! As a business traveler, I also want you to know that we have just joined a rewards program for other hotels just like us. It's called Stash Rewards, which is free to join, and it allows traveler's just like you the ability to earn points towards free hotel stays at a number of great hotels accross the country! We go live sometime in mid November. Thanks again for the review, and please hurry back!