“Bring your earplugs”
Review of Artmore Hotel

Artmore Hotel
Ranked #20 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The Artmore is lovely as you arrive. The vlaet will gladly meet you, after you wave at him looking at you from the window inside. Check in was delightlful and easy offering suggestions for dinner.Candles burning everywhere bothered me, especially the one on the checkin counter that almost set my sleeve on fire. Follow the creaking old floors to our room, up the very slow elevator and to our tiny room which faced the beautiful courtyard.The bathroom was tiny and the beds were squeaky. As I lay my head down to get some sleep, the roof above began to bow and creaked to the beat of the music in the courtyard and the party began. Hours into the night the music in the courtyard beat on and the noise from the people up and down the hall and the room above played on. Thank goodness for the earplugs I happened to have!KNowing this is an issue why don't they ask if you would prefer courtyard, (concertside)... or streetside?The second night and the third we had to request our third person set of towels and then wait for them to get out of the drier. Overall, I wouldn't go back. I felt like this was more like a dorm than a boutique hotel.A manager was NEVER seen, only the young kids working, though nice they had no idea of professionalism, dancing and singing in the lobby and running thru the halls---to get our towels--but still!Perhaps this is were the first year hospitality students work? It's ashame as this could be the perfect little hotel in downtown Atlanta if the management and staff were on top of it

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank poppyskim
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Dear Poppyskim,

I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us. Fulfilling and exceeding expectations is what we are in business for. We have a high track record of acheivement in guest satisfaction, however, we clearly failed in your case. Please contact me so we can make this right.

Michael Halpner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed 16 November 2010

Okay, so the fact that you're staying in the same building as some famous singers isn't the reason to recommend the hotel to others. But it happened, and it was the icing on the cake.

First, let's start with the aesthetics. The place is beautiful. A really nice courtyard, a modern hotel bar, and a large and clean room for a decent price made me comfortable staying there. The entire staff was very nice from the front desk staff at check-in to the housekeeping staff when I asked for an extra towel. (even though i could have lived without it)

The best part is probably the location. I didn't know up from down on my first night in Atlanta. So, my first inclination was to go downtown and find some dining and nightlife. But downtown was not the place to be, as its the major tourist area filled with The World of Coke, CNN, and as for restaurants I think I ran into a Hooters and a Hard Rock Cafe. This made staying at the Artmore all the better because it's right in Midtown and near places I discovered such as Crescent Ave. which is filled with restaurants and bars. It's also a short walk from Piedmont Park which was a great place to visit. And when it came time to do the tourist stops one of the mornings, I just hopped on the Marta (across the street from the hotel) and took it 3 stops into downtown.

All in all I had a great experience staying at the Artmore and would highly recommend it to anyone. It's also down the street from a music venue, so who knows! You might see someone you recognize. :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo

Dear Motorcykey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this review! I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. You got to experience the best that the Artmore has to offer- our friendly service, our fabulous bar and courtyard, and as you mentioned, our convenient midtown location- all at a great value. Please hurry back!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 15 November 2010

I really wanted to like this hotel. It's a very nice space, has a beautiful courtyard and is in a great location -but the service here is awful. Where do I begin? The tub was broken (drain and jet), problems with credit card authorization, sent my faxes to the wrong number, and - how could I forget- the front end manager INSISTING that no fax had come through because she would have seen it since she was sitting next to the fax machine "the entire time"- only for her to double check and see that yes, indeed my fax had arrived. And she never apologized for getting rude and defensive with me. Then, of course, it took 2 tries to get a receipt sent to me. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return unless it is under different management.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank Villanova03

Dear Villanova03,

I am very sorry that you didn't have a good experience with us. It is our mission to ensure that all of our guests are safisfied, and clearly in your case we failed. We take your comments very seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Artmore was a perfect choice for our girlfriends getaway trip! The rooms were spacious and the hotel staff was fabulous - from Angela who answers the phone, Katie in reservations, Annie and Arnold at the desk, everyone was fabulous.
We walked to Atlantic Station for dinner. Which was an easy well-lit 10 minute walk from the hotel. After dinner we returned to the courtyard at the Artmore and enjoyed winding down and relaxing by the fire pit.
This hotel knows all about southern hospitality - thank you Artmore - we will definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

lajane,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience of your time at the Artmore. I am so glad that you had a great girls weekend with us! I look forward to sharing this with our team here. Please hurry back!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Although the building has a charming courtyard, and very friendly front desk, there are some weird aspects of this Hotel I just had to share.

After receiving my room key, I found that housekeeping was still in the middle of cleaning. After a long night of traveling, I sat in the lounge for 15 minutes before being given the key to another room.

I entered my room,and found it had no bed. Perplexed, I loked around until I found that there were stairs hidden in the corner. I hauled my luggage upstairs to an attic with low ceiling, and skylights.

My stay was for 3 days, and I found it a little annoying that the tiny fridge was jam packed with mini bar items, and down the stairs. On my first night ( a saturday) my entire floor was occupied by a fraternity that partied loudly until the late am with all room doors open.

The wifi was barely working, and when I asked if that was normal, the front desk responded with "we'll send an it guy up right away". He never showed.

When I ordered room service one night, the person taking the order seemed annoyed, and when I asked "can I get a diet coke with that", she sighed, "suuuure", and hung up.

I laughed. WTF?

All in all I didn't hate it, but the place is definitely a little weird.

When I ordered

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tourguy11

Dear tourguy11,

I aplogize that you did not enjoy your time with us. We take you comments to heart, as it is truly mission to ensure that all of our guests are beyond satisfied. That is really the only reason for us to be in business. We clearly failed in several areas during your stay. I would love the opportuninity to attempt to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Last night we were married in the courtyard of The Artmore and not only was it a beautiful location, but the staff was wonderful as well! Everyone was so incredibly attentive and took such great care with details for our magical evening. We and eight of our family and friends had rooms for the night and everyone was very impressed with the hotel and the service! Thank you so very much, Artmore Hotel and staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear lwood3399,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We truly enjoyed being part of your special day, and it was really our pleasure. Thanks again for choosing as your host for your once and in a lifetime event. Both of you will always have friends at the Artmore!

Hope to see you soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We were here for a wedding. Stayed for three nights. The staff from housekeeper to front deal staff, to event staff were all very attentive to our needs. The night of the wedding could not have been more perfect for my friends. The seem to all be one of a kind. We were in 4 different rooms and they were all set up differently. This is a one of a kind boutique hotel thar we would definitely stay at again. Thanks Artmore for making our stay great!

• Stayed: November 2010

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad that you enjoyed the wedding, and also discovered how truly unique the Artmore is! We feel very fortunate to have been part of such a memorable occasion. Please come back and stay again soon!

Safe Travels!