“A Fashionable Bargain”

Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbia, SC
“A Fashionable Bargain”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We were pleased to find this hotel through Trip Advisor when making arrangements for the SEC Championship game in Atlanta. The hotels near the dome were outrageously priced and we didn't necessarily want to be right in the noisy thick of things. This hotel is five Marta stops away from the World Congress Center and the Marta station is literally across the street. Plus, the High Museum is within walking distance so if you have some free time, it's easy to duck in and see an exhibit. (There's not much else right next door so you'll need car, Marta or taxi for restaurants and nightlife.)

The hotel itself has been beautifully renovated with a modern art deco sort of theme. The small bar just off the lobby is condusive to making friends and the service was great. There is also a beautiful courtyard with outside seating and heat lamps for cool evenings.

The rooms are large - ours had a bar counter with underneath fridge, mini-bar and microwave. The welcome info said the whole hotel was wireless but I had trouble finding a network and did not have time to try the wired version, so I can't speak to the internet service.

There were a few negatives - our bathroom was very small (but well thought out as far as providing hooks, shelves and as much space as possible). We had to run only hot water in the shower and then it was still not quite as hot as I would like, but it never got cool, so maybe that is a safety setting. The beds and linens are not the Westin -- but we didn't pay close to Westin prices, either. There was a coffeemaker and Starbucks coffee available in the room at minibar prices. They also have a breakfast buffet downstairs for a flat fee.

All in all, we had a great stay and felt like we enjoyed a real bargain compared to what others were paying. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2010
Thank you Riverspots for sharing your experience here. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. It really sounds like you got the full Artmore treatment while you were here, and got to see some of the things that make the Artmore truly unique. Remember that you have a home away from home when you are in Atlanta. Hurry Back!

Michael Halpner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We had planned to use this hotel for my daughters wedding and negotiated a room block. Three weeks before the wedding, we were informed that there were no rooms available. Based on this, I would recommend that if this is the last hotel room available in Atlanta, sleep in your car.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank mattreaves57
Dear mattreaves57,
I sincerely apologize that we were not able to hold the rooms for your wedding. Myself and my sales team cannot imagine the undue stress this caused you as the wedding approaches. As we discussed, there wasn't a contract in place, and the rooms were not held. Because of this, we sold out for the weekend of the wedding. As we suggested, we are still willing to help you secure rooms at one of our hotel partners in midtown. Again, if there is any other way we can help, please contact us. My apologies once again.

Best Regards,

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This is not your run of the mill salt box hotel, she has character, personality, style and soul!!! If you've ever stayed in a boutique hotel you know. If you haven't this is a GREAT place to start!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Dear TDlee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback about the time you spend with us at Artmore Hotel. I am so glad that you discovered how unique we are, and that we are a welcome respite from the typical chain hotels. Please come back again soon, and remember that through Stash Rewards free program, you can begin to earn points towards free hotel stays in other great independent boutique hotels just like us around the country!
Thanks again!

Tallahassee , florida
Reviewed 21 November 2010

The Artmore is lovely as you arrive. The vlaet will gladly meet you, after you wave at him looking at you from the window inside. Check in was delightlful and easy offering suggestions for dinner.Candles burning everywhere bothered me, especially the one on the checkin counter that almost set my sleeve on fire. Follow the creaking old floors to our room, up the very slow elevator and to our tiny room which faced the beautiful courtyard.The bathroom was tiny and the beds were squeaky. As I lay my head down to get some sleep, the roof above began to bow and creaked to the beat of the music in the courtyard and the party began. Hours into the night the music in the courtyard beat on and the noise from the people up and down the hall and the room above played on. Thank goodness for the earplugs I happened to have!KNowing this is an issue why don't they ask if you would prefer courtyard, (concertside)... or streetside?The second night and the third we had to request our third person set of towels and then wait for them to get out of the drier. Overall, I wouldn't go back. I felt like this was more like a dorm than a boutique hotel.A manager was NEVER seen, only the young kids working, though nice they had no idea of professionalism, dancing and singing in the lobby and running thru the halls---to get our towels--but still!Perhaps this is were the first year hospitality students work? It's ashame as this could be the perfect little hotel in downtown Atlanta if the management and staff were on top of it

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank poppyskim
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Dear Poppyskim,

I apologize that you did not have a good experience with us. Fulfilling and exceeding expectations is what we are in business for. We have a high track record of acheivement in guest satisfaction, however, we clearly failed in your case. Please contact me so we can make this right.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Okay, so the fact that you're staying in the same building as some famous singers isn't the reason to recommend the hotel to others. But it happened, and it was the icing on the cake.

First, let's start with the aesthetics. The place is beautiful. A really nice courtyard, a modern hotel bar, and a large and clean room for a decent price made me comfortable staying there. The entire staff was very nice from the front desk staff at check-in to the housekeeping staff when I asked for an extra towel. (even though i could have lived without it)

The best part is probably the location. I didn't know up from down on my first night in Atlanta. So, my first inclination was to go downtown and find some dining and nightlife. But downtown was not the place to be, as its the major tourist area filled with The World of Coke, CNN, and as for restaurants I think I ran into a Hooters and a Hard Rock Cafe. This made staying at the Artmore all the better because it's right in Midtown and near places I discovered such as Crescent Ave. which is filled with restaurants and bars. It's also a short walk from Piedmont Park which was a great place to visit. And when it came time to do the tourist stops one of the mornings, I just hopped on the Marta (across the street from the hotel) and took it 3 stops into downtown.

All in all I had a great experience staying at the Artmore and would highly recommend it to anyone. It's also down the street from a music venue, so who knows! You might see someone you recognize. :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Dear Motorcykey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this review! I am so glad that you had a great experience with us. You got to experience the best that the Artmore has to offer- our friendly service, our fabulous bar and courtyard, and as you mentioned, our convenient midtown location- all at a great value. Please hurry back!

Narberth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I really wanted to like this hotel. It's a very nice space, has a beautiful courtyard and is in a great location -but the service here is awful. Where do I begin? The tub was broken (drain and jet), problems with credit card authorization, sent my faxes to the wrong number, and - how could I forget- the front end manager INSISTING that no fax had come through because she would have seen it since she was sitting next to the fax machine "the entire time"- only for her to double check and see that yes, indeed my fax had arrived. And she never apologized for getting rude and defensive with me. Then, of course, it took 2 tries to get a receipt sent to me. I would not recommend this hotel and I would not return unless it is under different management.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
7 Thank Villanova03
Dear Villanova03,

I am very sorry that you didn't have a good experience with us. It is our mission to ensure that all of our guests are safisfied, and clearly in your case we failed. We take your comments very seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Heathrow, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The Artmore was a perfect choice for our girlfriends getaway trip! The rooms were spacious and the hotel staff was fabulous - from Angela who answers the phone, Katie in reservations, Annie and Arnold at the desk, everyone was fabulous.
We walked to Atlantic Station for dinner. Which was an easy well-lit 10 minute walk from the hotel. After dinner we returned to the courtyard at the Artmore and enjoyed winding down and relaxing by the fire pit.
This hotel knows all about southern hospitality - thank you Artmore - we will definitely return!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
lajane,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and for sharing your experience of your time at the Artmore. I am so glad that you had a great girls weekend with us! I look forward to sharing this with our team here. Please hurry back!