“Not bad”

Ranked #128 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Greensboro
“Not bad”
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I was worried after reading some of the negative comments in the past about this place. I only stayed one night due to being with a bus tour trip. I had no major problems with the room or the area. My room was average, nothing fancy but not a dump either. My two problems were no remote control(I would have called the desk about it but I only stayed one night and just dealt with it) and a hard bed with 4 small pillows instead of 2 big pillows. The staff was very friendly and helpful in any way. The area was no problem to me. Me and some others went out on saturday night, across the street to two different locations for drinks and food and had no problems.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2007

This hotel is terrible and I wonder about the people that wrote good reviews. The lobby is nice and the desk clerk was very nice, but, BUT that is all. The area is not very good. There were men selling drugs in the parking lot and when I went to get gas down the street someone droped a bag full of marijuana. When I got to my room it was GROSS! There were smeared boogers on the wall by the bed! Very old carpet, drapes and the bedding! Oh God the bedding was sick! It looked like my old pink comforter from the 80's and yellow thin sheets with holes. When I was sleeping someone came and tried to open my door, it sounded like housekeeping, but I did not dare go to see. The only good thing about my stay was I ended up having to leave early on business so I only stayed one night. Thank God, see how things work out sometimes :) I wrote a complaint to management and he sent me a letter appologizing and he also sent a discount coupon for my NEXT stay. NO THANK YOU! I just hoped they cleaned up the boogers by now. Sorry about the details, but I think you should know before you go!

Stayed May 2006
4 Thank ExplorerNyc
Montclair, NJ
Reviewed 3 September 2006

We stayed at this hotel on labor weekend '06. It was pretty decent. The rooms were moderately modern, at least from what we are used to. The bathroom seemed to have been upgraded, with new shower curtains that give you some arm room. The room itself had the basic amenities, such as phone, desk, tv w/hbo, safe, wireless access, etc. Our view from the balcony was of the parking lot, which wasn't that appealing. The other side of the building gave a view of the highway. Noise factor was average. If you didn't have the a/c or heater on, at least facing the parking lot, you could still hear the cars from the highway and sometimes you could hear the speaker from the front desk. The continental breakfast had a pretty good selection w/croissants, bagels, oatmeal, OJ, Apple Juice, waffles, cereal, etc. The OJ and Apple Juice had a strange taste to it. Not sure why. And I would definitely skip on the boiled eggs!

The people at the front desk were really helpful and it made our stay more enjoyable! Since this was our first visit to Atlanta, they helped us out with maps and even printed out some information for us to help us get around!

• Liked — Convenient location (near highway), well priced
  • Disliked — too close to highway
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2006

Front desk associate went above the call of guest services this morning. I had a minor emergency with my car not starting and a time crunch with my daughter's class. He immediately went to his own car, got jumper cables, started my car ... I got my daughter to class on time. In short he saved the day !
Nice to see such wonderful people in the industry. I feel it is important to take the time out to appreciate them....for they have to handle a lot of concerns and the attitude they maintain is just wonderful. The room was clean, service was excellent and staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 21 April 2006

We have stayed at Comfort Inn’s in other parts of the nation. I suppose this one is pretty standard in comparison to the rest. It’s a typical 2 start hotel, with aging linens, carpet and bathroom fixtures. You get the extra fridge, microwave and shampoos. The towels are the usual 2-star, sand papery no fabric softener feel and some are seeing signs of age. The pillows in our room seemed extra lumpy and really bad.

At this particular hotel if you are looking for a quiet room, don’t get a King. All of the king suites are facing highway 285 and you can definitely hear the noise. Anyone familiar with Atlanta knows that highway 285 is a 6 lane almost always-busy major highway.

Parking varies; at the time we were there, there was a restaurant being remodeled next door so you could park in there, otherwise you are looking at a pretty heft hike up a steep paved hill, not good for the ladies in high-heels. Be sure to drop off your luggage before you park.

The area is supposed to be pretty safe. However, when we were there, there was a domestic violence issue in the parking lot with a woman screaming and a man yelling at her and pulling her into his car. The police did arrive shortly after and resolve the issue. Not sure that this is common in that area, but we did also see what appeared to be a homeless person being questioned just outside the hotel parking lot upon our arrival.

We’ve stayed in lot of hotels and for the price and experience we would take our business elsewhere on our next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 April 2006

We really appreciated our 5 night stay at this clean moderately priced motel very conveniently located adjacent to 285 and on Peachtree Street. Very easy to get downtown and all the attractions we visited. Friendly deskclerks, all amenities, close to a variety of restaurants, and very nice continental breakfast. I definitely would choose this motel again on a future visit.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 February 2006

Great Value for the price. I was pleasantly surprised by the clean and well maintained condition of the room etc. Continental Breakfast was well done too. Good variety.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Comfort Suites Perimeter Center
#10 of 10 in Sandy Springs
Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
Quality Inn & Suites
#119 of 171 in Atlanta

Been to Comfort Inn Buckhead North? Share your experiences!