“Disgusting Filthy Nightmare”

Ranked #143 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Calgary
“Disgusting Filthy Nightmare”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough bad things about this place.

We were forced to stay here as it was the only room around. (Our flight got in after midnight and there was a cheerleading competition in town!)

The sheets had blood on them! The pillowcases were mismatched and smelled like dirty hair! The carpet made my socks gray. The shower curtain was mildewed. The desk staff was sarcastic and disinterested. Need I say more?

Not to mention their many young friends all hanging around the lobby - just what you don't want after a long flight!

I used to think Super 8's were a great deal but I'm afraid to ever try one again after this horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank AlyssaSaturley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Smithton, Illinois
Reviewed 4 March 2013

When I was walking on the carpet, my white socks were brown when I took them off. Then I became aware of all the other problems which made me want to leave. Also thr TV didn't work and they had to fix that for me.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank George L
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The only things that were good about this hell of a stay was when I left...of course I will say the location was good right off the highway and it was near a lot of eating places.My husband and I decided to spend labor day in atlanta and there were no vancancies anywhere near downtown but this place. The carpet smelled like mole you can tell it hadnt been changed. The A.C barely worked, there was a hole in the wall right by the bed, the bathroom door was falling apart and i turned on the light a spider was on the ceiling, and after killing 5 cockroaches i went and asked for my money back, of course i didnt get it, but i was ready to go...we paid for another hotel a little farther away from atlanta...this place needs to be redone.Dont go here! For $69.00, it should be free....yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank pissedrese
holly springs
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed 5 nights with 2 dogs. First the good, the room was clean, however, I did not preform a white glove test on the picture frames or base boards. The room had a frig. and microwave, TV with cable and remote, WiFi. I slept well, and it was quiet. The air conditioning worked, the shower was great. I did feel safe in the hotel. The grounds were clean, the staff very nice. The negative, it is an older hotel. Half the lights in the room worked, the hair dryer did not work. The carpet was the indoor/outdoor type and felt gumey. I would not walk barefoot on it. The matress springs poked out a little on the sides of the matress, but not on the top, I did sleep comfortably.
There was no Kleenex in the room. It's just a very old hotel, but for the price OK. Would I stay there again? Yes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Romania
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My flight was canceled so I had to spend another 24 hours on my own around Atlanta. This place is close enough to the airport and, at the same time far enough so you won't hear the air traffic. I got a nice room, everything looking good and had an excellent sleep. Breakfast, WiFi and parking are free.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you buy it.