“Great hotel for a good price”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #103 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I stayed here for business. It was very close to Georgia Tech where I was for business. Walking distance to some good restaurants. Try Moe's BBQ and the Crazy Cuban! The room was always clean and the staff was friendly. They had a shuttle that would take you anywhere in the city within a certain radius. I would stay here again as I was very happy with it. It was a little hard to get in and out of the parking lot though as they are situated on a one way street.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here with friends for the weekend while we were visiting our sons in college. The hotel was centrally located, in walking distance to great restaurants and within 10 minutes of Moorehouse and CAU and a few block of Georgia Tech (yes, we visited all three schools).

The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Asking for what you want is my best tip for getting what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My son is looking at colleges and we originally reserved at the Hampton Inn two weeks earlier, but had to cancel 5 days in advance as the advisor he was visiting was called away. They charged the full room rate for the cancellation and only knocked it down to half after 30 minutes on the phone talking to a series of customer "service" representatives. And they weren't even close to being full for that visit. Booked into the Courtyard 2 weeks later and arrived to find I'd booked the WRONG Courtyard - I'd accidentally booked one 20 miles outside of town. They not only switched the reservation at no charge, they also gave me the rate of the out of town hotel which was ~30% less than the standard in-town rate. Looks like my son is likely going to GT and I'l be staying here every time I visit!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed 2 nights to tour Atlanta and this hotel was a good choice. The staff was very helpful when we needed to change rooms the first night because the first room had a king and sofa bed but didn't seem big enough to suit us. The hotel is very business traveler oriented, but we were able to find healthy breakfast choices. We enjoyed the pool, with views of the downtown skyline. Very clean and comfortable. There was a charge for parking, much less than downtown hotels. They are installing wi fi for the rooms. Currently wi fi only in lobby.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our higher floor room with city views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel was beautiful, rooms very well appointed. The location is great. Easy access to I-75 & I-85 as well as mid town. We didn't hear the traffic from our room. Very quiet!
My husband and I loved the out door seating next to the pool area. All of the staff were exceptional; ( except the front desk clerk on duty when we checked out; couldn't get off the phone long enough to wait on anyone. Her phone conversation was more important. When I ask for a receipt, she replied "didn't you get one under your door"? When I told her no, she said well you don't owe anything;went back to her phone conversation; so again I had to ask for the receipt."
I would love to stay here again. Just hope this same clerk isn't at the front desk!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Overall a nice place. Lobby has feel of hip bar/lounge (seems to be the trend for many hotels these days, such as Aloft). Room was fine. Wireless is only available on first or second floor; higher floor (I was on top floor) has to use a short ethernet cable provided in room. You're right next to a 12-lane highway, but it's amazing how the noise isn't really noticeable (I was in a room on the opposite end of the building from the freeway; despite this, even walking around outside, I was very surprised at how little noise there was with such a huge freeway right there). Airport to hotel: take MARTA train for an unbeatable $2 one-way to Midtown station. Regarding hotel van pickup from MARTA MIdtown station: front desk told me it was a five-block walk; hardly. It was a good nine to ten blocks. Why did I walk? Because the front desk conveniently forgot to mention that the shuttle doesn't run on weekends (fortunately I didn't have a lot of luggage and it was sunny that day). On a weekday I called and asked to be picked up near the MARTA Arts Center Station (Midtown station is SE of hotel; Arts Center station is the next stop and is NE of hotel); after waiting for 30 minutes, I finally just walked back to the hotel. Near the MARTA Midtown station is a Publix supermarket, so you can buy all sorts of smaller food items for the small (think college dorm room) fridge located in the room. The pictures advertised make it look like you're in a verdant tree-lined setting; you're not: you're in a land of concrete (that said, the patio and pool area, which I didn't use, looked nice, nonetheless). I believe if you're parking your car in their ample lot that you are gouged for some outrageous price like $12-15/day, so be forewarned (seems to be the case with many Atlanta Midtown hotels). Room price was high by my standards but very reasonable for the going rate at that time in Midtown area (it's travel in the age of economic downturn; you can't win). Overall, this place gets a thumbs-up from me, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor on opposite of building from freeway
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank coguy5280
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Hotel was recently renovated and looks very nice. Lobby/interior is open floor plan leaning towards being hip. Staff was courteous & helpful. The breakfast prices reflected that there is no competition near by. Easy to get from the interstate and very close to GA Tech.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business