“Worse than other courtyards”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #103 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Courtyards normally get a 3 or 4, but this one falls a bit short for various reasons. First though, customer service has been good here and the rooms are ok. Marriott is charging 20-30 dollars a night for parking and you pretty much need a car here because it is about .7 miles to the Marta... However there are no access to the side walks on the property. The coffee in the rooms of a Courtyard has always been pretty basic since they only have 2 packs of powdered creamer and a choice of the old pink diet sweeteners or Sugar.. No modern sweeteners that might have a less chemical taste. Thus the best you can manage is maybe 6 ounces of bad coffee. That would be OK at a lot of Courtyards because of the free coffee in the lobby has been good,,, But what... No free coffee in the lobby here. There is a 15 minute wait in line to get a crappy cup of Starbucks (Because they can charge for it) . I don't mind the cost, but I do mind the coffee and I can not wait that long for a coffee. I will be cancelling my future stays here and finding another hotel. On top of that restocking the room was spotty. Sometimes the coffee accessories get replaced, sometimes not. Same with the shampoo. Finally, the carpet in the room could have used a good shampooing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review and feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. All hotels in Atlanta Midtown/Downtown area charge for parking, however, Courtyard has the lowest parking rate and offers a great, accessible location near downtown, Georgia Tech and Atlantic Station. Please accept my apology for the slow service you experienced at the Bistro. I will share your comment with my management team to ensure staffing is appropriate for future business needs. Also thank you for your comment regarding the coffee and condiment options found in guestrooms, I will share your comment with corporate for a possible future change. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The front desk was entirely unprofessional and impersonal. They forgot to give me a parking pass upon check in and when I came to pick it up the next morning I received no apology and an attitude. The front desk is not knowledgable at all about the location that they are employed at. They had no idea which side my room was facing and did not inform me about the hotel's amenities at all. I had to figure it out myself. Every time I walked passed the desk they were either chatting away and ignoring guests or being rude to guests.

The hotel is a very nice hotel and the rooms were excellent and very clean. The location was perfect for all the bistros and restaurants we went to and the Georgia Aquarium. i would love to come back and stay at this location but am seriously reconsidering because of the poor service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay at our hotel. Thank you for informing me about the parking pass incident as well as the associate not knowing Midtown area and hotel room knowledge. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service that was provided. I will utilize this information to retrain my associates so they recognize the importance of knowing area, room location and issuing a parking pass to all guests. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Newer property. The rooms are a little small. Ours had a king with a small sofa ( pulled into a single bed - not a double). Breakfast was actually tasty and a good portion. $20 to park. Lots of parking. Convenient to Tech and hotel rus a shuttle. The Hampton Inn is much closer to campus - so consider that if it is important to you. The interstate noise is quite noticeable from all rooms.

Stayed: September 2013
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay with us at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. I apologize if the room size was a little small for your stay, I will share your comment regarding rooms size with the Owners for consideration during the next hotel renovation. I’m happy you enjoyed breakfast in the Bistro and will share your comment with the associates. I apologize for the noises you experienced. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. However, the downside of having easy access to these great locations is that we are located directly off the Interstate which can lead to outside noises.
Again, thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard a couple of weekends ago when passing through the Atlanta area. The hotel is a good -- albeit fairly standard -- Courtyard property. What stood out for me was the reasonable price and the location. You couldn't do better for the price for a safe, clean, reliable hotel. I was a little nervous about the location, considering the hotel's proximity to I-75, but as other reviewers have mentioned, it's extremely quiet to be so close to the highway. The fact that it was easily accessible and visible right off the interstate was also a bonus. There's not much within walking distance of the hotel, but if you have a car, there are tons of places to eat within a short drive. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to post a “Good” review regarding the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown hotel. I’m glad we were able to stay within your price range and you enjoyed the location. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. The hotel is within walking distance to Atlantic Station with shopping and restaurant options. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and hope you will visit again!
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Wow! Nice new features and open wide feel of common areas. The rooms, however....think cruise ship. 8 foot ceilings? Really? C'mon, give me a break! The shower at 7.5'feet. Where did they get those small couches ?? Oh, yeah, I asked at checkin about if there was a parking fee and he just smiled.... Found out on the bill under my door $10.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. I’m glad you enjoy the new features and space in the Lobby area. I apologize for the Front Desk associate not explaining the parking charge during your check-in. I will share your comments regarding room size with the Owners for consideration during the next hotel renovation. Again, thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is located right near the main downtown connector road, but you do not get the road noise in the hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful, Rooms are functional & are kept nice and clean,

The bar area is more akin to a small cafe/diner with a limited array of foods on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner, good if you cannot be bothered going out,

Walk over the bridge and up into town past the Midtown Marriot for the bars and restaurants. The Silver Skillet is just around the corner if you cut across the grass, if you want that American south breakfast (was on Diners, drive ins & dives program).

They have a snack section near the reception where you can get your fill of late night food stuffs when the munchies strike.

My only qualm was that the AC unit. It is down by the floor near the window & happens to be right next to the desk so its blowing on you if you are trying to do some late night email work. It works very well though so room was cool / cold (was unseasonally wet when I stayed).

Has a large car park which is chargeable though I did not need to use it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, and within walking distance to Atlantic Station with shopping and restaurant options, I’m glad the road noise wasn’t an obstacle during your stay. It’s always great to hear positive comments regarding hotel staff; I will share your comments with associates. I will also discuss the HVAC comment with the owner for consideration during the next hotel renovation. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed to attend my Nephew's DCI performance at the Georgia Dome. Location was Awesome for everywhere i went. Room was very comfy. Timothy at the Front Desk recommended an Amazing little breakfast spot that we enjoyed the Best Chicken n Waffles I hav ever had!!! We will now go there when we visit again!! :-)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mica530
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Mica530,
Thank you for your recent review and feedback on your stay with Courtyard Atlanta Midtown. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotels location as well as Tim’s breakfast recommendation. It’s always great to hear positive comments regarding Hotel associates; I will pass on your comment to Tim. Again thank you for your feedback and hope you will visit hotel again very soon!