“Great Location”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My son and I made our annual father/son trip to see a MLB out of town game and we chose Atlanta, GA for 2014. We needed a hotel that was centrally located since we wanted to do Centennial Park and Turner Field.
The location did not disappoint as it was right where we needed to be. The accommodations were clean and comfortable.
The staff was friendly, but I did have to wait at the front desk for a prolonged period of time before help arrived to check us in. I didn't even realize I had a mini fridge in the room until the last day I was there...I thought it was in a peculiar location within the room and didn't notice it.
Other than that, we had a great time and enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was exactly where you wanted to be and accommodations were clean and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback on the Front Desk/Check-in experience. I have shared your comments with my team so we can monitor guest wait time for future guests. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return soon!

Lori L.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

From arrival to departure, the staff was outgoing and friendly, from the front desk to cooks at the bistro. I ordered many meals during my 5 night stay, eating both in room and takeout.
The daily room service was excellent as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Good location to access GeorgiaTech, provide free shuttle to surround areas. But the beds were really bad, making a lot of noise and lacking enough back support. Worst bed among all the hotels I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Well, bring an air mattress.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review and comment on your hotel stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the beds. I will share your comment regarding the bed with the Owners to consider during our next renovation. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel has a good location, close proximity to Midtown, but not within walking distance. The property is an average Marriott hotel. The room was clean, but somewhat musty smelling. The hotel is right next to a very busy highway, so traffic noises were somewhat loud. The pool seemed nice, and there was a breakfast bar / cafe downstairs. Good place to lay your head, but no frills. They were nice enough to let me check in a couple of hours early.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room that doesn't face the highway. Might help on the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review and comment on your hotel stay. I appreciate your feedback and pleased the Hotel staff was able to accommodate an early check-in. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping. However, the downside is you may hear noise from highway. Thank you for letting me know about the musty smell in the guestroom, I will inform the Housekeeping supervisor regarding issue to ensure concern is addressed for future travelers. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights and it was a great decision.

It was on the north side of Atlanta (which is closer to home for me) but had a free shuttle to all the attractions downtown...not too mention you could call and they would come pick you up as well. Walking distance (about 15 minutes) to the MARTA station so that was nice as well.

The hotel itself was comfortable. The lobby had a nice atmosphere and the employees down there were responsive and friendly. Had some ice cold beers on the back patio to enjoy some sun.

Will stay here again next time I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I picked this hotel for the closeness to Atlantic Station and the Shaky Knees Music Fest venue. Walking distance was about 4 blocks. It met all my needs and expectations and is a well maintained and lovely property. My room was clean and comfortable and well serviced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sandhillsmcp
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed here in the past, usually to have easy access to Georgia Tech. It is very close to the university.

The staff is very friendly. The rooms are your typical Courtyard room, nothing special but very clean.

The location is a little difficult to get in and out from as it is along a 1 way road parallel to the freeway. This road can have a lot of traffic during rush hour or special events at GA Tech.

There is a parking charge at this hotel. I was charged $15 for a night. The front desk staff told me that it was because all hotels in the area have a parking charge.....I think that parking should be included in the room rate. The parking lot was not full, but the hotel was.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your recent hotel review and comment regarding Staff friendliness. Our location is very accessible to downtown Atlanta, Georgia Tech, local restaurants and shopping; however, the downside is there are several one-way streets in downtown Atlanta. All hotels in Atlanta Midtown/Downtown area charge for parking, however, Courtyard has the lowest parking rate and offers a great, accessible location near downtown. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.