“Worst Hotel Ever”

Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech
Ranked #102 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Rudest employees I've ever stayed. They pick and choose which they want to extend courtesies to. Be warned if you book on 3rd party sites, there is $20 charge to park your car and signs all over saying they aren't responsible for your items on their gated property. We were never told that continental breakfast was at the cafe. No vending machine, you buy snacks from front desk area. Where selection is limited and staff is rude. I'll never recommend anyone visiting GA Tech, stay at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lisa T
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review and comment regarding your hotel stay. I will share your comments regarding Hotel associates with my staff and managers and use this information as a training tool with associates.
All hotels in Atlanta Midtown/Downtown area charge for parking, however, Courtyard has the lowest parking rate and offers a great, accessible location near downtown, Georgia Tech and Atlantic Station. I apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. We will take immediate action and continue training our associates to provide excellent customer service that our guests deserve.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I needed to be downtown for a meeting the next day and my office booked this hotel. I was shocked! The room was small, not clean, smelled bad and the AC unit was a loud as a jet ..
The bed was terrible, like they bought it used from a fraternity house nearby. The towels were like a carwash would use. Even the soap and shampoos were cheap and lowest quality.

The bomb was the bill. The room rate was extremely high, a rip-off due to most decent midtown rooms being booked. Then there was a $20 fee to park in an open unsecured lot. Plus tax......

I will NEVER book Marriott again, if given a choice. There's no way this hotel would pass any major brand's Q.C. standards. You should stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Don't book this place.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for staying and taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping team. We are sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience. We always try to provide each guest with excellent service and accommodations, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this with you. Our Housekeeping Manager will take immediate actions and continue training our staff to ensure future stays meet your needs and expectations. I will share your comment regarding the bed with the Owners to consider during our next renovation. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Midtown for your lodging needs and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the ISTE conference. Usually Marriott's are really good, so I was surprised to see that this one was not as good. The staff was very friendly and helpful but the rooms definitely need some help. The bathroom was big but needed some deep cleaning in the shower. The rug was filthy and definitely had not been cleaned in a while considering there was a beer cap below the desk in the room. The wall had random spots and stains. I really wish I could have given this a better review. I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at hotel and taking the time to provide feedback. I am happy to hear the staff was friendly and helpful and will share your comment with the hotel staff. I will also share your comment regarding the guestroom with the Housekeeping Manager. We are sorry to hear your experience didn’t meet your or our own expectations. Our goal is to provide excellent service and accommodations, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this with you. Our Housekeeping Manager will take immediate actions and continue training our staff to ensure future expectations are met.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights to visit GT. Will likely stay here again as my kid going to GT and I am a rewards member but wish rooms were a little nicer. Lobby typical but rooms dated and beds squeeky with below average matresses. More typical of Fairfield brand than Courtyard but at Courtyard $. Location ok to walk to campus and Midtown. Carpets and beds upgraded would make this a 4 raher than 3. Traffic noise typical of any hotel on interstate.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your feedback on the mattress and carpet in guestrooms. I will share your comments with my team and monitor guestrooms mattresses and ensure carpet is cleaned regularly. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return.

Lori L.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

There are so many positives about this hotel. Location was close to everything you wanted to do in the city. We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the finish line of the Peach Tree 10K (awesome 60,000 person race held every July 4th).

The pool was fantastic and we utilized the patio a lot. Great place to let the everyone unwind after a busy afternoon of sightseeing.

The shuttle service was nice but required a lot of waiting around. With only 1 driver he is very busy. We would probably only use again if we were planning on needing a designated driver.

Although we didn't use the hotel pool and cafe it looked very nice.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My son and I made our annual father/son trip to see a MLB out of town game and we chose Atlanta, GA for 2014. We needed a hotel that was centrally located since we wanted to do Centennial Park and Turner Field.
The location did not disappoint as it was right where we needed to be. The accommodations were clean and comfortable.
The staff was friendly, but I did have to wait at the front desk for a prolonged period of time before help arrived to check us in. I didn't even realize I had a mini fridge in the room until the last day I was there...I thought it was in a peculiar location within the room and didn't notice it.
Other than that, we had a great time and enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lori L, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was exactly where you wanted to be and accommodations were clean and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback on the Front Desk/Check-in experience. I have shared your comments with my team so we can monitor guest wait time for future guests. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will return soon!

Lori L.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

From arrival to departure, the staff was outgoing and friendly, from the front desk to cooks at the bistro. I ordered many meals during my 5 night stay, eating both in room and takeout.
The daily room service was excellent as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business