“Room was great for my price”

Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill
Ranked #119 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, Texas
“Room was great for my price”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed here and I was nervous of quality at first sight, but was quickly eased once I checked in. For the amount I paid on Priceline, I couldn't complain. The room doesn't have a microwave or a fridge, so I had to request for the fridge. The carpets had some stains in the hallway, but the room itself was ok. One thing I didn't like is that the hotel doesn't have a elevator...so you will have to lug your stuff up stairs. One part of the hotel is near the interstate so you can hear the traffic. Honestly for the price I paid, I wouldn't mind staying here again. No free breakfast either.

Room Tip: As for the side that isn't adjacent to the Interstate.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is a 2-level hotel without an elevator, so kind of a bummer if you have a lot of stuff. We stayed with kids and there is no free breakfast. Nice breakfast offerings available but you are charged separately. Also, bring plenty of snacks/drinks if staying multiple nights, because there are no vending machines (ice only) and they have some very high-priced items for sale in a small area by the front desk. Also, there are no free convenience items (razor, toothbrush, etc.) if you forget your own. Those are avail for a charge as well. Pool is outdoors, whirlpool (very large and nice) is indoors. Washing machine needs repair as the clothes do not spin enough-- had to dry 3x and still wasn't dry. Common areas were quite hot and paint was peeling. Conveniently located off the freeway, and there are restaurants and gas stations etc. nearby.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage-- no elevator
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Hello -
I was booked at this hotel by CED Solutions for my Cisco CCNA training. I was given a suite as a free upgrade because I was a returning student to the area. The hotel was ok. It was a 2 level hotel that had everything you would need. The hotels bed was very comfortable. The shower and bath were small but the new flat screen HDTV's were nice. The only downside was the in window type AC unit. There was a breakfast buffet included each day and it was fine. Overall it was an OK business hotel. The internet was decent also.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Heiloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Nothing special I suppose, as Courtyards go but....front-desk was exceptionally friendly and helpful, internet was easy to configure, free AND fast and breakfast was fine (at least for what I've come to expect in the US). Even the 24/7 coffee was better than the dishwasher-water most hotels seems to provide to their guests in the US.

The room had lots of space and may have been a little aged but had all of the amenities one would expect, including a nice big flatscreen TV on a convenient twist-mount.

Checkin and -out were very fast and efficient.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for a balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Marriott Courtyards are consistently good and this one was no exception. Hotel is a bit dated but the staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I drove to Orlando/Disney with my family with stops at this particular Marriott Courtyard to and from Disney World. Our first stop was smooth with easy check-in and clean room. On my return stop, even though we booked and confirmed a King bed with Sofa Bed, at check-in both Dayhne and Liz notified me that they only have a King bed with no Sofa Bed and that their reservation only show this. I showed them my confirmed reservation on my iPhone for a King bed with Sofa Bed. They again insisted this is not correct and that their reservation list is showing only a King bed. At which point I showed them my iPhone reservation again and let them know that I am the customer and this is what I am confirmed. I requested to speak to the manager but she was not at the office. But they finally gave me a King bed with Sofa bed. About an hour later, the manager called to apologize and offered us free breakfast. Overall, we enjoyed this hotel and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Stayed for 5 days. Rented a two room suite. On arrival the room the room we booked was unavailable. We booked handicap accessible and it was confirmed by phone with the night clerk that it was available but when we arrived, she had made an error. We had to stay in a regular room overnight, but changed to a suite w/out handicap accessible. The manager was very accommodating and gave us a reduced rate for the error. The evening clerk, Ben, was very helpful. The property is very close to the interstate and if you book an outside room, be prepared to hear the interstate traffic. We moved to an inside room by the pool and it was very quite, except for the planes from the nearby military air field. BTW the room service is only available in the afternoons and is catered. No complimentary breakfast. They have hot breakfast at an additional charge. We didn't use the breakfast so I can't comment on the quality. They have free coffee 24 hours a day.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/I-75 North
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill? Share your experiences!