“Lyons Family Reunion”

Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Ranked #49 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We hosted our family reunion at the Wyndham Galleria and it was such an awesome experience. We had approximately 120 guests and the hotel was able to accommodate everyone's rooms, banquet space, and the food was delicious. We had members of the family comment on the fact that hotel food is not normally good, but everyone stated how much they enjoyed the food, from the breakfast buffet with the customization of the omelets, to the banquet food. Kristy Foggitt was an awesome Event manager and I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking to host an event. Awesome experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Parwiz A, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Atlanta Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Many thanks for such warm compliments. We were happy to have you stay with us during your visit in Atlanta and especially delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great quality food. We thank you for your recognition of our hotel food options. The team member that you mentioned Kristy is hospitality professional and frequently recognized by guests for her outstanding service. We will recognize her internally through our count on me program. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to continue maintaining our efforts to offer you an exceptional stay. We strive to provide each guest with world class service and our newly renovated rooms and are pleased you and your family enjoyed your time here at Wyndham Atlanta Galleria. We hope to have the pleasure of having you back soon!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Atlanta Galleria

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I had a great stay at this hotel on 07/26/2014. We had reservations here and at Doubletree downtown. Glad we chose this one. Didn't have to be bothered with downtown traffic (but still close to drive to). Parking was available. We were really pleased that we were allowed to check in early. Especially after a long drive. Ms. Wadiya-Adero was extremely nice at the front desk and well as the other staff.. She was very busy multi-tasking but still managed to be friendly. Mr. Al drove us to the mall via shuttle. He was very prompt with his services. The room was clean and comfortable (I wish I could purchase the pillows). I wish the room was cooler. Even with dropping the thermostat down it was still a little hot for my liking. I really loved the indoor/outdoor pool. My kids had a blast. I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant/bar. Hopefully, next time. I also wished the room was equipped with a refrigerator and microwave but we survived without it. We will definitely stay again. Hi five to Ms. Wadiya-Adero and Mr. Al!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria. Our goal is to provide an excellent service to all of our hotel guests and we are very glad to hear that our team provided you with great service. The team members that you mentioned Wadiya and Al are hospitality professionals and frequently recognized by guests for their outstanding service. We will recognize them internally through our count on me program. We are very happy to hear that everything went very well with your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and hopefully, you will be able to return soon to our hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I'm staying at this hotel for a little bit more than a month and I have had the pleasure to deal with Betty Caceres while I eat breakfast. (which by the way, it's a great deal to have it included when booking the room). Betty was very nice and pleasant to talk to. Her service was outstanding and was always on the lookout to see if I/we (sometimes my coworker was with me) needed something else. Since I was at the hotel for a long time, I got to know a little bit more about her and I'm glad Wyndham has this kind of employees working for them as she's a very good representation of this hotel and the service they offer. Thank you Betty for making my breakfast one to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria. The team member that you mentioned Betty is a hospitality professional and frequently recognized by guests for her outstanding service. We will recognize her internally through our count on me program. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Sincerely, Parwiz Azim

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have been traveling to this location for 10 plus years at an average of 3 times per month. The service is always amazing and professional. The front desk staff, Dorsey and Sandie, pay close attention to any and all special requests and are truly and asset to this establishment. The shuttle ride with Mike is a smooth and safe ride. The food is excellent at The Chattahoochee Grille. I look forward to seeing Rosemary every time I come for a visit. Her attention to detail is truly heads and tails above the rest. I would truly love for the balcony to be reopened. However a visit to this hotel, restaurant, and bar are a must every time I travel to Atlanta.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Parwiz A, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Atlanta Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Wyndham Atlanta Galleria. The team members that you mentioned Dorsey, Sandy, Mike and Rosemary are hospitality professionals and frequently recognized by guests for their outstanding service. We will recognize them internally through our count on me program. The 9th floor balconies were locked due to guest safety. We are currently looking at options to see what will be safe for our guests before opening the balconies. Thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Sincerely, Parwiz Azim

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Windows were filthy. The previous guest's belongings were still in the room. The ceiling in the bathroom was coming down. Breakfast is not free for hotels.com/expedia users. Not worth $140. Don't think I'd be willing to stay if I am ever in Atlanta again

• Stayed: July 2014

Let me first begin by apologizing for your experience at our hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay a great one and our front desk staff definitely dropped the ball by checking you into a dirty room. I will personally follow with this particular staff member to ensure this does not happen again. We provide full buffet breakfast with the cost of $12.50 per person. We offer multiple different rates to choose from. Some rates include breakfast and some rates do not. Hotels.come/Expedia users have the option of choosing rates with breakfast or rates without breakfast. Please allow me to express my sincere regrets that your reservation did not include breakfast. We truly appreciate the feedback you have given, without it we could not improve. While I have no excuse for what you experienced, we are truly committed, and make a promise, that we DO follow up with our team members to prevent this from happening in the future.
The service experience you received is not typical of our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance. If so, you may call me direct at the hotel and I'll see to it personally that we discuss your last stay and make your next stay a great one.

Reviewed 24 July 2014