“Another great stay with a staff that can't be beat!”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta
Ranked #56 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Syracuse, NY
“Another great stay with a staff that can't be beat!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is the hotel I stay at each time I come to Atlanta and I've reviewed it before, but I wanted to call out a great experience that validates why this place is so awesome. I was assigned a room with a weird smell. I am not one to complain and thought maybe it was just me and my sinuses being extra sensitive, or maybe the result of the air conditioning being off. The next morning it hadn't changed, so I went down and talked to the front desk. These guys are so great - they apologized, asked what they could do to make it up to me, and that night when I returned from my business meetings they had no problem finding me a new room with no fuss or hard feelings.

I travel a lot, and sometimes I encounter hotel staff that are unreceptive of your concerns and look at you like a dollar sign. The Indigo makes me feel like family - they're welcoming, engaging, and will do just about anything to make sure you have a comfortable stay in midtown Atlanta.

Bonus points this stay - I finally got to meet the resident hotel dog :)

Thanks Indigo for making my last business trip of 2013 a comfortable sendoff to a long travel season. See you in 2014!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
WOW! LauraLovesZippy from Syracuse, NY, what can I say, but thank you?! You gave us a perfect score and more important than that, you commented on how wonderful our staff is and how they always strive to take exceptional care of all of our guests. We work very hard on that, so thank you for sharing your experience with others. Also, thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo as your business-hotel choice in 2013 and we, too, look forward to seeing you here again in 2014. Happy Holidays and safe travels! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Durham, NC
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked a fully refundable two night stay at the Hotel Indigo Atlanta on Expedia. All information related to the booking (confirmation email, website details, etc.) states that the rate I prepaid is fully refundable (I believe in fact I paid more to get the refundable rate) if cancelled by December 29, 2013. Unfortunately, when I went to cancel the reservation on December 12, 2013, I was told the hotel would charge $219.24 because one of the nights is New Years Eve. This information is not on the website, nor in my confirmation, but no luck getting this resolved with Expedia. Caveat emptor to Expedia users trusting that information listed is correct. I'm now stuck with a supposedly fully refundable both hotel and Expedia rate that comes with a $219.24 fee to cancel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NCDurhamite
Dear NCDurhamite,
We appreciate you wanting to stay at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, but we are not the ones from whom you purchased your reservation. If you had purchased it from us, we would be able to provide assistance. You need to direct your issue to the third party website from where you purchased your reservation. I am sorry you are having difficulties with your change of plans. This is why we encourage guests to shop for rates at hotelindigo.com as we always offer a lowest rate available guarantee and there are more rates with less restrictions than typically found on third party travel vendor sites. Try following up with the company with whom you made the purchase to see if they are able to help you resolve this. Best of luck, Gabriele Webster
Bangalore
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed a week here. Great Location, awesome staff at the reception, though the housekeeping staff can do with a bit of English! Very clean and well appointed rooms. The toilet is cramped though! Mid-town offers a lot of places nearby with the famous FoX Theater just across the road and some good restaurants around. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly! Will go agan!

1 Thank SubbuJois
Hello there SubbuJois from Bangalore,
Your recent visit to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown sounds like it was a nice time for you. Thank you for sharing and for staying with us. We very much appreciate our business travelers. We offer complimentary high speed internet access in addition to complimentary chilled bottled water at the front desk for guests. Thank you, also, for recognizing our staff. They are our most valuable assets! Safe travels and I hope to see you again soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Traveling to Atlanta is typically bittersweet for us. There are so many neighborhood eateries, cultural choices, and shopping opportunities that it's difficult to choose which to go to. My wife and I spent a couple of days in Atlanta to celebrate our anniversary and chose to stay at the Hotel Indigo Midtown because of the location and our comfort with the Hotel Indigo brand. The hotel was very convenient to West Midtown, Atlantic Station, and downtown. We were able to get to everywhere we wanted to get to quickly.

The hotel staff was friendly from the time we checked in to the time we left and were responsive to our needs. Our room was comfortable and clean and decorated tastefully to accompany the historical building it resides in. Prior to our trip, I read several negative reviews about the size of the bathrooms at this hotel. However, we found the size of the bathroom charming and perfect in comparison with the design of the room. I wouldn't change a thing.

The only downside to our stay was the $25.00/night charge for parking in the garage behind the hotel. I thought this was a bit steep compared to parking garages in other cities. However, our room rate was low enough to off-set the parking fee. Regardless, I will definitely consider staying at the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown again the next time we travel to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room. We stayed on the 12th floor and loved it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TallyJazz850
Hello TallyJazz850 from Tallahassee, Florida -
Thank you! It was very nice of you to share your experience at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. The charm of the hotel and the attentive and friendly staff definitely add to the experience of a historic hotel in a historic arts and musically-insprired neighborhood. The best of Atlanta is in midtown and I hope to welcome you back to our lively and inspiring neighborhood again soon. Thank you again. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel was very cute. Small, but who needs a ton of room when there's plenty of cool stuff to do in the city.
Most importantly, the rooms were super clean! The whole hotel was really clean. It has an amazing funky art deco thing going on. There was tons of seating comfortable seating in the lobby just for hanging around.. The gym was small, but served it's purpose.
I think that highlight was really the staff. They were super friendly and accomodating.

The bed was hard, but that works for some people. The bathroomw as crazy tiny, I hit my head on the sink several times.. no biggie though.

There were a lot of great places to eat around the hotel, plus there is Piedmont park.

For the price, you really couldn't beat it!

Room Tip: I asked for a king size room, and I got it.
1 Thank Amanda T
Mahalo, Amanda T from Honolulu, HI! You rated us a perfect stay and I couldn't be more appreciative of your assessment of your experience at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the neighborhood, the interesting design of the hotel and the best thing, our staff. All of our associates take great pride and care in how the hotel looks and is received by our guests. I will share your nice words with everyone tomorrow at our team holiday luncheon. Thank you again. I hope you will be visiting us again soon. A hui hou, Gabriele Webster
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at the Indigo for a friends get together. The accomodations were very clean and the bed was decently comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, but fine for a room with 2 people. The best thing about the hotel though, is the location. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and shopping. The only negative thing I could say would be the service, they were not very friendly at check-in. Overall though, a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather M
Hello Heather M from Bristol, VA -
Thank you for staying at our hotel! I appreciate your comments on yoru stay and was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I was concerned to read that your check in experience was less than friendly and welcoming. I am so sorry! We strive to provide an incredible and inspired experience in all areas, especially with guest interaction. I assure you that is not the norm for us and we look forward to welcome you back soon to prove our hospitality is second to none and earn a perfect rating from you. Thank you again for your business and feedback. Regards, Gabriele Webster
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It's possible my experience at Hotel Indigo isn't the norm. That said, my overall impression is that the hotel is trying to be something it isn't, and unfortunately it's not working out too well. The location is excellent, and the exterior and ground floor of the building has character. But the interior facilities are ragged and worn, and have been updated with cheap materials that are falling apart.

When I first arrived to my room, I attempted to enter only to find a maintenance person in the room painting trim while watching TV. I noted this to the front desk and they told me to "Just wait a few minutes." Once in the room I was disappointed to find the floor was cracked and peeling up at the edges, and the bathroom smelled mildewy like a locker room because there was no fan and the shower drained into the floor, not the stall itself. I also found the walls to be really thin, so when my next door neighbor arrived at 3 AM only to blare the TV until 6 AM, I didn't get much sleep as a result. The next morning we were greeted by wine glasses and used dishes from the night before in the lobby lounge.

None of these things are what I would expect of a reputable, clean, smart hotel. On the whole I felt like I was charged for the hotel's good location and not much else. It feels to me like Hotel Indigo is trying to be something it isn't-- it wants to be a smart, hip update to an older building, but instead it just comes across as a cheap veneer on top of dirt and dust. Were I able to switch to another hotel on short notice I would have. I didn't find Hotel Indigo to be a good value at all, and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear channelguide from Los Angeles,
Let me start by offering my apologies for your less than inspiring experience with us. You should have had a comfortable, enjoyable, and vibrant stay at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. You are correct in that you did not experience our norm. We strive to deliver exceptional service and an excellent product in a great location. To further immerse guests in our neighborhood story of 'Visual Music' , in early 2014, we are refreshing our guest room corridors. We are excited about the new design and know guests will love it. When you return to Atlanta, I would like to do all I can to turn your impression of our hotel around after you have a true Hotel Indigo Experience with us Please contact me directly to help with your arrangements. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to making it right for you soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager