“Early arrival?”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

This is the first time that we arrive to a hotel at 11:00am and have not been able to check in! It is 1:23 pm now and still waiting. We were told 'check in time is at 3:00'
Ok keep waiting!! If you are planning to stay in this hotel, make sure you arrive after 3:00pm!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Hello Dinoraholmos,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Indigo Atlanta. We appreciate it! I am sorry we were not able to check you in at 11:30 am when you arrived. We were sold out the night before and check out time in 12:00 Noon for guests so it is impossible to have a clean room ready that early. We always strive to clean our rooms as quickly as possible and check in guests as soon as rooms are available, often times that is well before the 3:00pm check in time. Also, guests are free to enjoy the complimentary high speed internet access and complimentary bottled water in the lobby. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit with us and will hopefully leave a review of the rest of your experience. We want to make sure all guests fully enjoy their Indigo Experience. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 7 February 2014

When you check out make sure you have everything. We had a watch taken and it was hell trying to get a hold of anyone about it. Everyone kept transferring to this person then no one would call back then no one knew anything. It was very frustrating. Yes we should have made sure to check everything which we thought we did but I would expect the employees to turn items in when they find them. In any case 2 months layer we did get a refund check so I do appreciate that they took care of it but we'll never stay there again. Regardless the customer service was unfriendly and bland and that was a deal breaker to begin with.

Room Tip: We paid extra for peach tree st view... Not worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Brittany N from Knob Noster, Missouri -
Let me start by apologizing to you. I am very sorry your impression of the hotel and your overall experience was tarnished with the loss of your watch and the delays in communicating with you. We should have better explained the process and when to expect the check. I am glad you did receive the money from us to pay for a replacement watch. We always strive to do the right thing for our guests. We want to earn your loyalty again and hope you will give us another chance to deliver a wonderful Indigo Experience for you and your family. Please contact me for your next stay in Atlanta and we will make sure you have a great experience. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is a nice hotel and great place to stay in attending an event at the Fox Theater which is right across the street. The rooms are small and the bathroom very very small but clean and certainly adequate. Check in was first rate. Parking is $25 a night in a garage behind the hotel. Several good restaurants nearby - but make a reservation if it is an event night at the Fox. King size room runs 115 to 155, depending on view, date, etc.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear GAretiree,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown and for sharing your review. We appreciate you recognizing our staff and the service experience they provided for you. Our rooms are cozy and location ideal with a hotel that tells the story of our neighborhood, but our friendly and helpful associates make the experience for our guests. If there is anything we can do to help make your next stay more comfortable, please let me know. Safe travels, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Hotel Indigo in Midtown Atlanta is absolutely wonderful. When you first walk in, you can't help but notice the décor. The atmosphere is fun but still sophisticated- made to compliment the Fox Theater that's across the street. From a bar that looks like a piano to the ticket stub wall paper, no detail is left undone. In the rooms, there are huge murals behind the bed. As this is a historical hotel, the rooms and bathrooms are small, but no different than what you would find in similar hotels in Miami, Boston, or NYC.

I've been staying in the Indigo for business for about 6 weeks now with several more to go on and off, and I love the location. I can walk to great eateries, piedmont park, the local CVS, the theater, a jazz or comedy club, and the list goes on. I love being able to park my car for the night and explore Midtown Atlanta!

Finally, what makes Hotel Indigo so great is the staff, above all else. Gabby, the GM, says hello to all who walk by her. She really cares about what goes on in this hotel. All of the front desk personnel are so friendly. Joshua and Chris in particular are always such a pleasure, but I probably see them the most too. The wait staff is all incredibly friendly, never once have I had someone be rude or unfriendly. I work with Paul and Brad quite a bit and both are hilarious. Brad is just so happy and infectious. Paul is incredibly witty and likable. Stanley is wonderful. He makes sure the rooms are taken care of and he does a great job. Finally there is Elizabeth. She is a true rarity and the final deciding factor for me choosing this hotel for myself and my company. Because my co-workers and I are going to be in Atlanta for a while, I needed a place that was going to make this our home away from home. I could tell that Elizabeth was going to do this for us and she hasn't disappointed. She truly cares about each of us beyond just as customers- she cares about us as people. When visiting all the hotels for my company this is the one thing that impressed me above all else and she is the reason they got our business. You can stay in the nicest place in the world, but if the staff is rude and unhelpful what's the point?

All in all, I love staying here. It's become my second home.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street facing corners have good views. The ice makers are only on three of the floo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank vanessaknowsbest
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Hello vanessaknowsbest from New Braunfels, Texas -
Thank you! You are so nice to recognize so many of our team members who help make your Hotel Indigo stays Inspired Experiences. It's great to hear that we are taking good care of you. The true quality of any place is the staff and I am very proud of our exceptional and dedicated associates who make Hotel Indigo a wonderful place to be. We appreciate you staying here as much as you do and for choosing our hotel for your company's long term hotel needs. You and your team have been wonderful to have as guests and we look forward to your return in March. We miss you all! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were in Atlanta for a concert at the Fox. $356.00 for 1 night. Included a very noisy and small "boutique" room. A lot of street noise, and "urban campers" yelling at each other 1 floor below our window.

Arrival at 2:30 and was immediately told no check in until 3:00. Sat in the waiting / bar area, and at 3:00 the line was 12 people long, it wasn't until 3:30 before we were assigned a room.

Staff was not very personal, or service minded, all business.
You are more then welcome to wonder the streets at night in in search of a soda, a area with many homeless asking for money, some camped out right beside the hotel, or get one here where a 16oz Coke cost $3.50.

Room Tip: Higher up would be better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvlalot1
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello markntara from Monroe, GA -
Thank you staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear we did not impress you with our friendliness or quality of service. Our team is well-known for providing exceptional, stand-out service and that is the number one reason guests choose to come back to stay again. I am sorry we did not even meet your expectations let alone exceed them. I wish I would have know this while you were still with us and I could have taken action to correct our shortcoming and turn around your Indigo Experience. It you can see yourself willing to try us again, I would love to help provide a much better, more memorable experience you will fully enjoy. My goal is to earn your Indigo loyalty and show you how it is supposed to be and normally is. Please contact me with your reservation confirmation number and I will make it happen for you. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was my first trip to Atlanta and I did not know the city at all. I chose Mid-Town based on the short distance to the majority of the attractions I wanted to visit AND it was close to the venue that we would be attending a birthday party at (our reason for coming to Atlanta). I love the Hotel Indigo in San Diego, so it was a no brainer to choose this hotel.

In all honesty, when we first checked in and saw our room, hubby and I looked at each other and seriously thought about finding other accommodations for the rest of our stay. The room was SMALL to say the least and then I looked at the bathroom and decided the bedroom was gigantic in comparison to the bathroom. You could sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time and I am only 5'3" you do the math. My husband did go downstairs and ask about changing rooms (I thought we had been given a bad room) to only find out that ALL the rooms were pretty much the same unless we wanted a handicap enabled room that had a little more space in the bathroom to accommodate a wheelchair. Since we checked in late and it was already dark and FREEZING, we decided to spend the night there and look for accommodations tomorrow for the rest of our stay.

I looked up local restaurants since we were famished and we headed on foot to a local soul food spot. While walking there we saw several other hotels, one looked really grand next door and we decided to look into rooms there. When we came back to our hotel we were frozen from our walk and decided to have a drink in the Indigo's bar. While walking through the lobby we met several "furry" hotel guests. We always miss our dogs if we are traveling without at least one of them, and I remembered why I love Hotel Indigo's so much. They are one of the pet friendliest hotel chains we have stayed at. Then we went to the bar and met more of the hotel staff. I have to tell you, hands down Indigo staff never fails me. They are the most customer friendly people I know and really always make you feel welcome. While we sat at the bar and chatted, we met the gentleman sitting next to us that was staying at the "grand" hotel next door to us. He told us HORROR stories, yes the rooms were larger but you could hear rats in the walls. The rooms were sub par and the staff not as accommodating. Well we weren't going to move next door that was for sure.

When dawn broke and we were able to get a good look at where we were situated and the VERY comfortable bed and linens helped us decide we could make this work. So we couldn't use the bathroom at the same time, we could survive. The fact that the room was small and was not conducive to hanging out in it, also helped push us out into Atlanta. We didn't do our usual in room breakfast and because of this we found a great breakfast spot nearby (we went every morning).

So it comes down to this, does size matter to you? If so, you should probably skip this spot, you will be miserable and honestly I don't want to have to read your negative review when you have been sufficiently warned.

On the other hand if you love being centrally located (just minutes to Zoo, Aquarium, Margaret Mitchell House or The Fox Theater (just across the street) and you LOVE great people to hang with while your stay. This is probably a great place for you to stay. I do know for certain the next time we travel to Atlanta we will be staying at Hotel Indigo and we will have our own furry family member along.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ABadu62

Hello ABadu62 from San Diego, California -
Thank you for your very thoughtful and thorough review of your experience at our Hotel Indigo. San Diego has two fantastic Hotel Indigo's and we are proud to have them in our family. Staying with us in a historic building does have its limitations (small bedrooms/bathrooms) but the charm of the historic story paired with an Inspiring staff helps make for a special hotel experience, which is what Hotel Indigo prides itself on... delivering Vibrant, Inspiring and Curious Experiences for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back... with your furry family members! Thank you for being a loyal Hotel Indigo Insiders! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here recently on a business trip and I was a little disappointed. You can see from my past reviews that we spend a lot of time at boutique hotels and they're typically very nice and well appointed. While this hotel isn't terrible, the rooms are small and the bathrooms are tiny. If I can sit on the toilet while brushing my teeth AND taking a shower, it's too small. The shower curtain doesn't come all the way to the floor which causes the shower to leak as well....just put some towels down. When we first checked in, we were given keys to two different rooms - neither of which was actually clean. Beyond that, the window at the end of the hall, next to one of the rooms, was broken out and covered with a clear plastic trash bag - classy! The bar and restaurant are the two redeeming features. The staff was attentive and engaging which is always a good thing. I'm not sure I'd stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floor = better views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David L

Dear David L from Austin, TX -
Thank you for taking time to give a review of your stay at our hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you will try us again as the date you stayed with us was the day after a very large and damaging storm that actually blew out of the window on the 12th floor hallway and we had the temporary plastic covering the open window until the glass was replaced that afternoon - the fastest a glass crew could provide the replacement. We take great pride in the quality of our hotel and the service experience. Please give us another try and you will see why so many guests love Hotel Indigo and come back again and again. Once you make your reservation, please email me the confirmation number and I will be sure to get you a great room and help see to it your experience is enjoyable and memorable. Thanks again and I hope to see you soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster