“Great Location!”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #64 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Fun vibe in the lobby. I only saw one front desk person but there was no one waiting so I guess they come out as needed. The building is old and the rooms make your realize that, but the fabulous location makes up for it. Oh, and the one front desk person was very pleasant and helpful... : )

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you, Molly66 from Nashville, TN!
It is nice to hear you enjoyed the design and feel of our "Visual Music" neighborhood theme and story and that our staff was friendly. We always want our guests to feel like they are at home. Our building dates back to being one the first luxury hotel's in the city and we worked to incorporate the historical beauty with a modern design to deliver the best of yesteryear and this year. If you want to see another great historical Hotel Indigo, check out the Hotel Indigo Nashville in downtown. It originally was an old bank and office building and now is a stunning and fun place to check out one of Nashville's future country stars. Thanks again for being a Hotel Indigo guest! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I think this hotel is good value for money and is well located for people who are attending events at the Fox. However, there were a few things that can be improved. For example, I had dinner at the hotel nearly every day and my curly fries were burnt on a couple of occasions also the room did not have enough plug holes to charge mobile and computer. The rooms were ok but the bathrooms were rather small. On a positive note, it was quite refreshing to actually see a hotel that welcomes dogs and staff were generally nice and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank alfredoLiverpool
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear alfredoLiverpool ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues with your room accommodation and the dinner served. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wonderful staff in the hotel and restaurant. They are truly dedicated to making your stay as nice as possible.

The room was nice, of the size one expects in an old renovated hotel. Likewise, the bathroom is small.

One downside, $25/night to park your car in the garage right behind the hotel.

Also, when you're driving down Peachtree it's easy enough to spot the hotel, but almost impossible to figure out where you go to check in. There is a tiny little sign on the S. side of the street pointing down a driveway, but it's difficult to see, particularly when you're dealing with the unbelievable traffic in Atlanta.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Temblor123

Dear Temblor123 from Tuscumbia, Alabama -
Thank you! What a nice review you shared from your recent stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I especially appreciate your compliments of the staff. I am very proud of their hard work to take exceptional care of our guests. One of our core beliefs is in creating Great Hotels That Guests Love. I also appreciate your comment about the signage guiding guests to registration and parking. We are working on improving the signage with the parking deck owner/operator and expect to have that remedied soon. Thank you again for your comments and your patronage. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is nice and cozy (though bathrooms are TEENY), but they can't seem to get their act together when it comes to the most basic thing any business traveler needs: outlets! There are none by the bed. There is one in a lamp across the room, but it is positioned so low that you can't actually fit in a phone or computer charger. The plug hits the desk below and lifts up the lamp, making for a shaky connection. It took about an hour to get a plug strip that worked put in my room. For heaven's sake, get some bedside lamps with outlets in them. Lots of hotels do this. It really doesn't seem to be rocket science. EVERYONE needs to charge stuff these days! And I know this place has gotten complaints because I was here a few months ago and the desk person acknowledged it was a problem and that it was being fixed. So I came back. Stupid me. Nothing has changed. Though I come to Atlanta often, I'll have to avoid Indigo. Too bad.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mnholt
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Mnholt,
Thank you for your recent stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown and I appreciate your comments in your review. I am very sorry you did not have the power outlets you needed during your stay. I am also sorry if you did bring this up to our staff as we do have several power strips for business or any guest who needs more outlets. When the hotel was designed, the need for so many outlets was not there, but there is good news and the issue is being resolved. With our new upgrades for the hotel set for later this spring, lamps with additional table top outlets are being put into all of our rooms. In the meantime, we offer complimentary use of power strips, which are available for guests at the front desk. I would like to make it up to you so you have an Inspired guest experience with us. Please book with us again and send me your reservation number and I will make sure you have a great room that is well-equipped for a business traveler with a special token of my appreciation for coming back and trying us again. Thank you for your feedback. It, with others comments, lead us to this improvement in our ability to address guests' needs. I hope to see you here again soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I love to pig out on American style breakfasts and the indigo did these killer breakfast skillets which were highly filling and delish. I made sure I woke up early to get my fix.

The indigo is opposite the Fox theatre which I'm told is a big deal in Atlanta. It's also a couple of minutes away from a vortex burger joint. If you've never been and you like burgers prepare for the ultimate experience.

Staff are really friendly, many hotels they are but I always stress it because of how important that is.

The bar staff were attentive and also handled breakfast.

They allow dogs here which isn't everyone's thing but I like it.

My only negatives were the odd shaped rooms which weren't fantastic . The bathroom was especially cramped.

But they hand out bottles of water at reception which goes down a treat.

Also as with so many chain hotels they ate charging for wifi booo

Would stay here again for it'd great location and good value proposition.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear tyfairclough from Chelmsford, United Kingdom -
Hello and thank you for staying with us recently. It was nice to read your review and comments about how much you appreciated the staff, loved the breakfast, and overall, enjoyed your Indigo Experience... and your Vortex burger experience... they are some of the best burgers in Atlanta, for sure! I want to correct one point you made about the hotel - we DO offer complimentary high speed internet access - both wired and wireless. There is no charge to guests at all, which is one of the many great features at Hotel Indigo - complimentary internet for all guests. Wedo apprecaite your feedback and thank you very much for your business. We'd love to welcome you back again for your next trip back to the States, so please give us a call! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a great place to stay after a night at The Fox Theater. It's right across the street. Parking is in the parking garage for The Georgian Terrace. They have a friendly bar in the lobby. The only negative points were the tiny bathrooms. It's very easy to get some bumps and bruises just turning around. The rooms are small but clean and the beds are comfortable. The one thing they need is valet parking. It is difficult when 6 cars are unloading luggage, checking in and then trying to turn around and drive into the parking garage.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cindy K from Marietta, Georgia -
Thank you for staying with us and offering your review of your experience. We appreciate your business and value yoru feedback. Your suggestion of valet parking is an idea we are working on in order to expand our services in ways that guests need and appreciate, so we thank you for your view. We hope that for the next Fox Theatre show or in-town event you are attending, you will stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here as part of night out in the city to celebrate his birthday. When I booked the room, it was advertised as having a view of Peachtree Street. The first thing we noticed upon entering the room was that this was a deceptive statement. The room looked out over a parking garage and alley, but if you looked all the way to the left you could see a tiny sliver of the street. If they hadn't said anything about the view when I booked I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but I chose that room and hotel because I thought we were going to have a great view of Fox Theater. The room was ok but the bathroom was was about the size of an airplane bathroom. There was only 1 or 2 feet between the toilet and sink. The water was so hard it was difficult to rinse soap off our hands. We didn't even bother trying the shower for that reason. We just waited until we got home. The other annoying thing that happened was our keys stopped working and we had to go back down to the lobby twice to get one that worked. Overall our experience wad just ok. The best thing was that it was right across from the Fox, which was why we were staying in the city. We paid a lot of money to stay here but could have gone to a much nicer hotel for the same or lower price.

• Stayed: February 2014
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear ckorpak Roswell, Georgia -
Thank you so much for staying with us for a night at the Fox Theatre. We all appreciate your business. I was very sorry to hear we may have made a mistake with your room assignment. We do advertise gorgeous views of the fabulous Fox Theatre and great views of Peachtree - both of which are on the west side of the hotel. It sounds as if you room was on the opposite side of the hotel looking towards Ponce de Leon Avenue and Stone Mountain. I would love to make it right for you and treat you and your hubby to a truly great Indigo Experience in the future. Please contact me directly and we will offer you a very special rate with complimentary upgrades and other meaningful and memorable surprises. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster