“Great for the right traveller, but read review”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta
Ranked #55 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Ohio
“Great for the right traveller, but read review”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

If you get excited by the words trendy and cozy for a hotel, then this may be the place for you.

Let's talk location first. Plenty of trendy restaurants in the area. But, if you're looking for a familiar (read cheaper) chain or original restaurant, you won't find one. There is a food court a short 5 minute walk away, but it is mostly off-brand restaurants. So, your choices are trendy, or knock-off fast-food. I was fine with those choices, but if you are not, you won't be walking for your meals.

Next the room. it's small. it reminded me of a cruise ship room. I was traveling alone, but had my wife been along, she woudl have demanded we change hotels. Here's why. There is no room for hair appliances and such in the bathroom. There is s mall vanity outside the bathroom, but there are no outlets near it. So, my wife would say a "wash and go" girl would be fine in that room, but otherwise, ladies beware. There is also a decided lack of outlets overall. Again, by myself, the outlets could handle my equipment. With my wife along, we would have been fighting for charging space. TV was fine, but you only have maybe 30 channels, which was fine for me as I don;t watch much TV. Something to be aware of though.

I liked the small workout room. Not a lot of equipment, but enough to work up a sweat. the bar was pretty good, and I enjoyed trading stories with some other travelers.

All in all, a fine place for the right traveler. Just make sure you're that type of traveler.

Room Tip: Rooms are small - no real advice here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank webmonkee
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear webmonkee from Ohio -
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Next time, I encourage you to check out virtual Neighborhood Guide in the lobby which shows you all the great food spots in the area for exactly what you are looking for. Our team members are quick to give their advice based on what you are looking for. To give guests a true feel for Atlanta and the many yummy choices our city offers, we usually recommend something unique to Atlanta, but always ask the guests what they are looking for. Whether it is fine dining or chain brands, our area has it all including Gordon Biersch, Chik-Fil-A, Mellow Mushroom, Moe's Southwest, Quizno's, Houston's, California Pizza Kitchen, Hooter's, Hard Rock Cafe, STK and more, to name some close by popular name brands. Our rooms are small - historically small you might say. We are a throwback to the 1920's when the hotel was built and infused with modern design. The rooms are cozy and comfortable with an amazing bed and invigorating shower helping motivate guests to explore all the neighborhood has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

It was an unfortunate experience to stay at this hotel. I wont go into enormous detail, but from service to the room, it was least bit par. If you want to be in midtown then go ahead and move along to that option.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Alex K from Duluth, Georgia -
Thank you for being a Hotel Indigo guest and for offering your feedback on your experience with us. I am sorry to hear you were not as happy and satisfied as you should have been... in fact, we always want our guests to feel Inspired and Curious during their Indigo Experience. You did not make specific mention of why we did not meet your expectations. Were you able to share your concerns and comments with any of our team members? We all are empowered to take action for our guests, always striving to deliver memorable experiences and exceed guest expectations. We would appreciate another chance to show you a true Indigo Experience. For your next stay in Atlanta, please contact me directly to help make the arrangements. We will make sure your stay is Inspired and you become a loyal Hotel Indigo fan. Thank you again for your business and for sharing your viewpoint. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope we will see you here again, soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Fun vibe in the lobby. I only saw one front desk person but there was no one waiting so I guess they come out as needed. The building is old and the rooms make your realize that, but the fabulous location makes up for it. Oh, and the one front desk person was very pleasant and helpful... : )

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you, Molly66 from Nashville, TN!
It is nice to hear you enjoyed the design and feel of our "Visual Music" neighborhood theme and story and that our staff was friendly. We always want our guests to feel like they are at home. Our building dates back to being one the first luxury hotel's in the city and we worked to incorporate the historical beauty with a modern design to deliver the best of yesteryear and this year. If you want to see another great historical Hotel Indigo, check out the Hotel Indigo Nashville in downtown. It originally was an old bank and office building and now is a stunning and fun place to check out one of Nashville's future country stars. Thanks again for being a Hotel Indigo guest! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I think this hotel is good value for money and is well located for people who are attending events at the Fox. However, there were a few things that can be improved. For example, I had dinner at the hotel nearly every day and my curly fries were burnt on a couple of occasions also the room did not have enough plug holes to charge mobile and computer. The rooms were ok but the bathrooms were rather small. On a positive note, it was quite refreshing to actually see a hotel that welcomes dogs and staff were generally nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank alfredoLiverpool
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear alfredoLiverpool ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issues with your room accommodation and the dinner served. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tuscumbia, Alabama
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Wonderful staff in the hotel and restaurant. They are truly dedicated to making your stay as nice as possible.

The room was nice, of the size one expects in an old renovated hotel. Likewise, the bathroom is small.

One downside, $25/night to park your car in the garage right behind the hotel.

Also, when you're driving down Peachtree it's easy enough to spot the hotel, but almost impossible to figure out where you go to check in. There is a tiny little sign on the S. side of the street pointing down a driveway, but it's difficult to see, particularly when you're dealing with the unbelievable traffic in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Temblor123
Dear Temblor123 from Tuscumbia, Alabama -
Thank you! What a nice review you shared from your recent stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I especially appreciate your compliments of the staff. I am very proud of their hard work to take exceptional care of our guests. One of our core beliefs is in creating Great Hotels That Guests Love. I also appreciate your comment about the signage guiding guests to registration and parking. We are working on improving the signage with the parking deck owner/operator and expect to have that remedied soon. Thank you again for your comments and your patronage. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is nice and cozy (though bathrooms are TEENY), but they can't seem to get their act together when it comes to the most basic thing any business traveler needs: outlets! There are none by the bed. There is one in a lamp across the room, but it is positioned so low that you can't actually fit in a phone or computer charger. The plug hits the desk below and lifts up the lamp, making for a shaky connection. It took about an hour to get a plug strip that worked put in my room. For heaven's sake, get some bedside lamps with outlets in them. Lots of hotels do this. It really doesn't seem to be rocket science. EVERYONE needs to charge stuff these days! And I know this place has gotten complaints because I was here a few months ago and the desk person acknowledged it was a problem and that it was being fixed. So I came back. Stupid me. Nothing has changed. Though I come to Atlanta often, I'll have to avoid Indigo. Too bad.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mnholt
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Mnholt,
Thank you for your recent stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown and I appreciate your comments in your review. I am very sorry you did not have the power outlets you needed during your stay. I am also sorry if you did bring this up to our staff as we do have several power strips for business or any guest who needs more outlets. When the hotel was designed, the need for so many outlets was not there, but there is good news and the issue is being resolved. With our new upgrades for the hotel set for later this spring, lamps with additional table top outlets are being put into all of our rooms. In the meantime, we offer complimentary use of power strips, which are available for guests at the front desk. I would like to make it up to you so you have an Inspired guest experience with us. Please book with us again and send me your reservation number and I will make sure you have a great room that is well-equipped for a business traveler with a special token of my appreciation for coming back and trying us again. Thank you for your feedback. It, with others comments, lead us to this improvement in our ability to address guests' needs. I hope to see you here again soon. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I love to pig out on American style breakfasts and the indigo did these killer breakfast skillets which were highly filling and delish. I made sure I woke up early to get my fix.

The indigo is opposite the Fox theatre which I'm told is a big deal in Atlanta. It's also a couple of minutes away from a vortex burger joint. If you've never been and you like burgers prepare for the ultimate experience.

Staff are really friendly, many hotels they are but I always stress it because of how important that is.

The bar staff were attentive and also handled breakfast.

They allow dogs here which isn't everyone's thing but I like it.

My only negatives were the odd shaped rooms which weren't fantastic . The bathroom was especially cramped.

But they hand out bottles of water at reception which goes down a treat.

Also as with so many chain hotels they ate charging for wifi booo

Would stay here again for it'd great location and good value proposition.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear tyfairclough from Chelmsford, United Kingdom -
Hello and thank you for staying with us recently. It was nice to read your review and comments about how much you appreciated the staff, loved the breakfast, and overall, enjoyed your Indigo Experience... and your Vortex burger experience... they are some of the best burgers in Atlanta, for sure! I want to correct one point you made about the hotel - we DO offer complimentary high speed internet access - both wired and wireless. There is no charge to guests at all, which is one of the many great features at Hotel Indigo - complimentary internet for all guests. Wedo apprecaite your feedback and thank you very much for your business. We'd love to welcome you back again for your next trip back to the States, so please give us a call! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster