“Details matter”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown
Ranked #67 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is a cool hotel with a modern, yet quaint feel. The rooms a very comfortable and the size is fine for us since we live in Japan and are accustomed to tight quarters. The down side to this place is the female bartender. I ordered a bottle of wine and she did not even open the bottle for us. She set in front of me and walked away. After I started opening it myself a nice gentleman bartender came over and offered assistance. He saved the moment and then offered to show my friend and I to a nice table outside. One small detail can really ruin an experience. I wish I could give the tip to him, but I had already paid thinking she was going to take care if us. Lol, even red lobster opens your wine! We will come back, but management really needs to train the attractive lady behind the bar.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jennyrg
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Jennyrg from Fussa, Japan -
You are right - details DO matter. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Absolutely, our bar staff should be helpful and accommodating, especially when you order a bottle of wine. We have taken this as a great coaching opportunity to demonstrate the service we provide is comprehensive and caring - just as if you were guests in our own personal homes. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the design and decor of the hotel and everything else about your visit. Thank you again for sharing so we can know where we need to do better for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Safe travels! Gabriele Webster

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

They upgraded our rooms for free and put us right across from The Fox, we had a good view. The beds were nice and everything felt clean. Cool, colorful modern set up. The only issue we had, the air conditioner leaked water, but wasn't too big of a thing. As with most hotels, expect fees not included in room costs like the parking fee ($20) and wifi. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had issues printing out tickets from my email, they very graciously helped, not a hint of rudeness. The cafe was pretty decent as well. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello EBL00 from Rome, Georgia -
How nice of you! I really appreciate you taking time to share your opinion about your recent stay with us! Thank you for pointing out how friendly and helpful our team members were for you. We all take great pride in providing exceptional experiences for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Atlanta getaway. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at this property and I was highly disgusted. First the door did not work. Indy had to let me in my any time I decided to leave. That in itself was a major disappointment. Then the was black and pink mold in the shower. The only thing great about this property is Indy and great service she gave me. Honestly I would rather stay at a motel 6 than to ever stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear saderines from Omaha, Nebraska -
I am very sorry to hear about your troubles during your recent stay with us. Thank you for letting us know and thank you for commending Indy. Service and friendliness does matter. I apologize for the trouble you had with your door lock and the housekeeping issues. We do work to provide a welcoming and clean environment for everyone. We don't want to lose you as a guest and want to make it right for you. Please contact me directly if we can make do anything to help earn your business again. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This is such a beautiful hotel. The decor is modern and cool. The bar is great. The staff at the hotel is so friendly and helpful. Josh got us the room we needed at the last minute. Even the parking garage was convenient for our needs. WE WILL BE BACK!!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Frizzijenni from Blackshear, Georgia -
WOW! Thank you for your very thoughtful review! I appreciate you letting us know about Josh helping you. We encourage and reward our team members for wowing and inspiring our guests, so I have recognized Josh at our weekly team meeting. We look forward to your return - very soon! Best regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I traveled to Atlanta for business and decided to stay at a unique hotel. This was a wonderful hotel. It had a great business center which I used every day. It also has a nice workout facility. My room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. It was within walking distance of many great restaurants. The hotel also has a great restaurant and bar; so, you have no need to leave the hotel if you don't want to. Do yourself a favor and stay here for a unique hotel experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Debbie T from Naples, Florida -
Many thanks to you! Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to share your very nice comments on your Indigo Experience. We are excited you enjoyed the hotel and many guest services and amenities like the business center and fitness center. Our neighborhood is great for walking and enjoy some of the best Atlanta has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Located at the opposite of the Fox theater and surrounded by nice restaurants and bars. Also just 30 min drive from the airport. The lobby is simple, but nice and friendly with a good bar. The rooms are small with a very small bathroom. But clean and good beds. And in the whole hotel free, good working wifi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Alex46_11 from Amsterdam, The Netherlands -
Thank you! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your midtown Atlanta and Hotel Indigo Experience! Our neighborhood does have a lot to offer where all guests will find their Inspiration. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with everyone and for being our guest. Please be sure to check out other Hotel Indigo properties - we have 60 worldwide now! Better yet, just come back to our Hotel Indigo. We would love to welcome you back to another great stay! Safe Travels, Gabriele Webster

Reviewed 22 July 2014

First, the rooms are small – like a college dorm room – and have a sour wet towel smell – (old attic), which was more pronounced in the bathroom. If you’re a tall or a large guy, your knees will bump against the sink if you’re seated on the toilet. That’s how tight the space is. But even if you can survive the dorm room feel, the customer service here is horrendous – from the front desk to the general manager.

During my stay, I left the room for a few hours to go into the city and left word specifically with the front desk to have housekeeping refresh the room when I was out. Twice in three days this did not happen.

Next, the ice machine didn't work on the floor and I had to call front to ask for ice. In every case, instead accepting responsibility for the broken equipment, they told me to check other floors for a workable machine. When I pushed back, they brought ice.

After these issues, on the third day I left a message for the hotel general manager to call. She called back – and without ever speaking to me directly – and stated that my complaints about her hotel's substandard performance amounted to "belligerence." She said that she would prefer if I left, although the hotel had been pre-paid through Priceline. I told her when I received a refund, I'd leave. This outrageous response came from a GM – not first-level management. I ultimately got the refund and reserved the four-star Sheraton Downtown and had a great time during the rest of my trip.

If your hotel stay is critical to your enjoyment of your trip, in short, avoid this hotel, if not for the small, musty dorm room, certainly for the unacceptable level of service. I wouldn't give it one star. I am filing a complaint with Priceline about this property, as well as writing to the corporate office of Indigo. It was unacceptable on every level.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank TXRunningTraveler

Dear TXRunningTraveler from Houston,
Based on your behavior many staff members felt threatened. The safety and security of our guests and associates are our first and foremost concern. Serious actions like having a guest removed from the hotel are only taken when other guest's or our associate's safety and security are potentially at risk. Regards, Gabriele Webster