“Perfect hotel for family vacations”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #114 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Germantown, Tennessee
“Perfect hotel for family vacations”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

It was my fiancé's birthday weekend as well as our last weekend with his children before they stayed with their mother. They gave us a FREE adjoining room for the kiddos WOW! I thought their complimentary breakfast was fantastic as well as their free happy hour from 5:30 - 7:30 daily! They offer a free shuttle service to a number of excellent restaurants in the surrounding area. The rooms were nice and the bathrooms especially nice! The kids loved the indoor pool! We were sad when we had to leave...

• Stayed May 2011
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you for your awesome review! It was a real pleasure to hear that you, your fiance and his kids enjoyed yourselves at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead. We really are a fantastic choice for families as the two room suite concept makes a huge difference when traveling with kids. Having a free breakfast every morning saves you not only money but time as it is quick and convenient. Thank you so much for telling everyone what a great time you had. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I'm a Diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

This Embassy Suites is in an older style building, but most everything has been updated. My room had 2 flat screen TVs , mini fridge, wet bar, huge desk area, new hardwood floors and clean carpet. You can walk to several restaurants in the area or drive just a few blocks to some of the best places in Buckhead to eat.

The pool and fitness room as well done although for a hotel this size in Atlanta they really need a bigger fitness area and more treadmills. Breakfast wasn't bad, but they ran out of OJ often and the Omelets are paper thin.

I do wish the breakfast attendants were a little more professional and the old school cafeteria trays must go! I don't care for bathroom paper towels to be used as napkins either. If you like Coffee then don't bother with their Coffee as it's nasty. One other thing is they shouldn't use Styrofoam cups as your Coffee cups as this is horrible for the environment and is in poor taste.

That said I will stay here again as it is a good hotel for the money given the area and accommodations.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TheRealBillBrasky
We really appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast. I will be sure to share your comments with our Executive Committee so that we can improve your experience the next time you stay with us.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I reserved four rooms and they were not all available when we checked in. The front desk staff (Tonya from Guyana) was extremely helpful and phoned me when the rooms were ready. All staff we encountered were very friendly and courteous - breakfast cooks were great. we used valet service and called down prior to leaving our room and didn't wait over five minutes for our vehicle. hotel has several open seating areas which made it nice for our larger family to gather in the evenings. there is an indoor and outdoor pool which we never got the chance to use, but they looked very nice. it's in a really good location - convenient to lots of things - and the hotel provides a list of restaurants and notes on the list which ones are within walking distance and which ones are family friendly. that was really helpful. the hotel was full, but never felt crowded. the hotel also provided a "tip sheet" on when the best times to avoid crowds at breakfast, etc, so we followed their suggestions and had no problems with lines, etc. it was a really nice stay and a really great staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel, the Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
haroldathampton
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I enjoyed the hotel in general. It was nicely furnished, the breakfast was great, and the bed were comfortable. My only complaint is that I had a reservation for a non smoking room but was given a smoking room. Being that my wife and I are quitters (reformed smokers), being in a smoking room was hard on us both. I would also like to ask, why is it that the more you pay for a hotel room that you also have to pay for the internet?

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haroldathampton
EmbassyDOSM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 May 2011
We are glad to hear that your overall stay with us was favorable. Our recently renovated accommodations provide an updated and modern feel while also giving the sense of home. As comfort is a paramount reason for some guests utilizing guest lodging facilities we make it a point to have a variety of accommodations. One option is a smoking suite. We do apologize that this was not the most ideal situation for your stay. Rest assured that we make every effort to accommodate each and every guest’s request while here at our hotel. Guest comfort is something that we do not take lightly. We thank you and your wife for working with us and being understanding in accepting the alternative accommodations, and allowing us the opportunity to “WOW” you with our other amenities which includes high speed wireless internet access at a nominal fee.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Stayed at many other Embassy Suites throughout the country and sometimes find them to be in need of updating. This was not the case here. Great location, friendly valet staff, very efficient front desk staff, so all the early indicators were postive. Room was modern with new carpet and flat screen TV. Very clean. It was a particularly busy weekend with weddings and other events on-site, but the staff did a good jo getting the room cleaned each morning. Real good value compared to other hotels nearby, and this one is within walking distance of a few blocks maximum to many retaurants.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate your patronage of our hotel. We acknowledge that as a consumer you have many options for lodging in the Buckhead area. We take pride in providing a quality service while consistently working to improve our guests’ experience. Your acknowledgement of our recent modernization efforts reinforces our commitment to guest satisfaction, and providing the best experience at a reasonable rate.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for a fun weekend with my 3 sisters on Expedia and got a fantastic rate. I read all the reviews and didn't expect much other than a place to sleep -but I think we got much more than we bargained for.

The good definitely outweighed the bad - but I'll list them all here:

The Good:
Rooms were updated and mostly clean, comfortable bed and lots of room. We had 2 per room and it was perfect - thankfully they were able to put our rooms right next to one another. We walked down to Bistro Niko down the street after check-in and had a couple of drinks outside - very nice place! Will have to return to have dinner. We headed back to the hotel for the free drinks at the Manager's reception. Basic twist-cap wines and bottom shelf liquers, not exactly high-class, but the wine was pretty tasty.

We noticed that there were a number of very large groups checking in - and the small lobby seemed overrun with kids and parents. I was worried the hotel was going to loud with kids screaming and carrying on - but I never heard a peep. But the pool was obviously a favorite with the kids - not a place to go if you wanted to relax.

Everyone from the front desk, to the bartenders were very friendly. A maid stopped by one evening and dropped off 2 bottles of water and some pretzles - that's always nice.

We used the shuttle a number of times and the drivers were so kind and funny. We tipped generously. However, they did leave us stranded for over an hour at the Lennox mall Saturday afternoon. We ended up having to take a $16 cab ride back.

The living room area was so nice to have. The four of us stayed up late playing board games and chatting, and it was great not to have to do it sitting on a bed. Having a coffee table, couch and 2 chairs was ideal for us.

Tip: There are a number of really great places to eat. We had a large group of 8 at Dante's Down the Hatch and had fantastic food and entertainment - if you haven't gone, GO!
Also, the Buckhead Diner was amazing for Brunch and Prime in the Lennox Mall was out of this world.

The Bad:
Breakfast left a lot to be desired. The coffee and fruit were all I could stomach. My sisters waited in the long line for omlettes, but they left most on the plate. The bacon was literally, no lie, tasteless. How is that even possible?? I'm not super picky, but everything tasted like nothing, very odd. Although, I will say the staff was gracious and very on the ball.

While the rooms were mostly clean, there were a few things that caught my eye: Like the large, white drippy stain on the arm of the chair in my sister's room. I don't even want to know what that was. Hair in our shower was not appreciated and neither was the gooey-sticky gunk on the remote. That was gross.

Parking is outrageous at $24 a day. It's almost impossible to self-park as there is mass chaos as you pull up to the hotel.

Saturday night there was a crowd of very questionable characters just hanging around outside. Not only were they loud, but they reeked of pot and acted if they were drunk. I was very surprised not a single hotel staffer asked them to move their party elsewhere.

One last minor complaint was the endless wait for the elevator. One bank of 3 elevators is all there is - and to go up or down was a good 5-8 minute wait. We took the stairs more than once - which I don't advise, as they were dark, dirty and stank of cigarettes and stale beer.

All in all, it was a good stay, but it seems that there is a dark underside to the hotel that comes out at night and stays hidden in the stairwells. But we felt safe and comfortable and I would return again, especially at the rate we got ($89/night). It's location in Buckhead makes it easily accessible to lots of attractions, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tinabean
New York
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Nice, clean, easy, typical Embassy Suites.....Breakfast and happy hour both good. Room clean and I always enjoy the suite concept regardless of how long I actually spend in my room. When I got my "slid under the door" invoice, I noticed a $10 charge for valet parking. Um....I got to the hotel via MARTA from the airport, and walked from the train station to the hotel, so I'm thinking they misapplied the charge....so I let the desk clerk know my situation. She has me stand there for about 10 minutes waiting for the valet to check it out. Well, that doesn't happen, so she finally reverses the charge. Thanks! HOWEVER, I check my CC statement today and IT'S BACK ON!! Have to call the hotel to get it reversed...again. We'll see if it sticks this time.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 65Pony
We are glad to hear that you’ve found the accommodations at our property to your liking and that your overall experience to be satisfactory. We do apologize with our most heartfelt humility and empathy for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us. Billing errors are a rather unfortunate experience within itself and to experience it while traveling adds insult to injury. Please know that we employ every safeguard at our disposal to keep these incidents to a minimum. We thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs.