“Good accommodations EXCEPT for breakfast and ..."”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #118 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Ladson, SC
“Good accommodations EXCEPT for breakfast and ..."”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The weekend that my four friends and I were there, every room was occupied. This hotel has 16 stories, so there were MANY customers. Our complaints were three in number. The first one was at breakfast on Sunday morning. First of all, there wasn't enough staff to handle the crowd. One person was totally responsible for cooking omelets, pancakes, bacon, etc., and the poor guy just couldn't keep up with the demand. At one time, I counted 26 people in line for an omelet. Secondly, the arrangement of the breakfast bar was totally confusing. Instead of being served on an actual buffet, all of the "buffet items" were served from behind the counter by a staff person. The "buffet" and the omelet lines were overlapping and confusing. They ran out of silverware and coffee. We had to search and search for forks with which to eat our breakfast. I saw no evidence of managerial concern or action to remedy the situation. Another problem that existed was the thermostat of the room. We lowered it to 65 degrees in an effort to cool the room; however, the room never reached the point of being chilly. Our last complaint is that I booked two rooms two months in advance and specifically asked for adjoining rooms if possible or at least, side-by-side rooms. My request was ignored. In conclusion, we have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites. While the Buckhead facility is adequate, we feel it could be superior with a little effective managerial concern and guidance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarshainSC
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what occurred on your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our executive team and our front office manager will be contacting you to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for bringing them to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2011

A nice long weekend was made 10 times better for having stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buckhead. Normally we stay at the ES in Perimeter, this time we stumbled into a better deal at the one in Buckhead. Well worth the trip!

As always, there was the manager's get together in the evenings and a wonderful breakfast in the mornings. Our room was very clean when we arrived. We don't know how good of a job they did while we were there, because we try to give housekeeping the time off from dealing with us while we're there. We're grown-ups and can pick up after ourselves, and I'm sure the staff is okay with being able to skip a room.

Our room was above the hotel's bar, on the second story. We never heard a peep from the bar... or the open air atrium that is open to the dining area. The only time we heard any noise was when our neighbors came and went... and slammed their door in doing so.

One of the great things about this hotel is it's proximity to shopping (Phipps Plaza and Lenox Mall... YAY!!) and dining (Gordon Biersch and Fado). While our stay for New Year's Eve was memorable for a number of reasons, my favorite part of the stay was delivery Peking Duck while hanging around in my jammies watching bowl games all day on the 1st day of the year.

A perfectly wonderful weekend, made better by a pleasant stay at the ES - Buckhead.

One caveat - we used valet parking and we're not sure if this happened while in the care of valet or while we were out shopping, but the tail light lenses came back broken. We don't know when or how it happened, but it COULD have been valet. You might want to save the money and use self-park.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kboyle92
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at our hotel. The fact that you remember all those details about your stay from over six months ago is really impressive. I am so glad that we were able to provide the accommodations for such a memorable getaway. Hope you make it back for NYE this year as well!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have never been to a hotel that messed up reservations as bad as this one. I proceeded to check in on July 1. I had two rooms reserved. I was told one of my parties had already checked into the room. This was impossible since we were all standing there wanting to check in. I was told that it must be true because they checked in and had their credit card swiped. Instead of apologizing, the staff got testy that I did not know what I was talking about. They showed the two rooms with one confirmation number. Finally, they said they would find another room in the hotel. I found it quite disturbing that someone was allowed to take our room and not have the name changed on the room. It turned out that the next day, I found out someone from our town that was there for the same event, got our room since they were from the same town. They were trying to check out and discovered they were in a room that was for 2 nights and not under their name. Not only did I have trouble checking out, so did everyone else. Prices were wrong. People were charged for 2 rooms. We are still working through the confusion. Also, the air was not working in our room - would not cool below 75. We called for someone to service it. They did not come and at 12:45am, my husband told them to forget it. We all were sweating all night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kkgriff
We want to apologize for the confusion at the desk when you and your family checked in on July 1st. Please know that this is not indicative of a typical experience at our hotel. Our front office manager would like to discuss your concerns further and will be reaching out to you soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel in June while attending a conference in Buckhead. The hotel appears to be relatively new and is located in the bustling Buckhead area of Atlanta. There is a MARTA rail stop about two blocks away, which was convenient for traveling to other areas of Atlanta.

The room was well designed for a business traveler, everything appeared new or nearly so, and everything was very clean. The bed was quite comfortable as well. I was assigned a room immediately across from the elevators, and was not disturbed by any noise during my stay.

If you need to stay in the Buckhead area for business, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I especially like that you told us what you appreciated the most as a business traveler. Comments like that really help us ensure that we are meeting our travelers' needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kansas
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The room was the best it is spacious! Clean and modern. The free breakfast in the morning was a mess, it was unorganized, the food was horrible and there were no clean tables to set at. Overall this was a big waste of time, it would have been better for family to go out and eat. The pool accommodations were nice, both indoor and outdoor. The fish ponds in the lobby needed so "looking after" the water was to low and some of the fish's dorsal fins were sticking out of the water because it was too shallow for the large fish. This hotel was nearly $200 a nit and I could have gotten better at a competitor but probably not as large of a room.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank dpatterson20
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
I want to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to share your stay experience with us as that is the only way we can make it better for your next visit. Thank you for mentioning that the water level in our atrium pond was too low. Our koi fish are a part of our Embassy family, many of whom have been with us since the hotel opened some twenty years ago. Your comment alerted us that there was a leak that has since been fixed so we thank you as do our finny friends. Regarding your observations about our complimentary breakfast, if you care to speak with our general manager please feel free to call him at 404-266-4800. Again thank you for your time and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stay here on business when visiting one of my company's offices. Their "happy hour" is the best of any hotel I've been too, hands down. They also have a Ruth Chris Steakhouse inside the hotel which is nice if you want to entertain clients. The bar is normal with regularly pricey drinks, and parking there is $20 per day, but otherwise it's all good here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Slowhand1527
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you for telling us about your most recent visit to the Embassy Suites Atlanta Buckhead. It's really nice to hear that you are a frequent guest. I will be sure to share your comments with our department heads and we hope to see you back again soon.
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Checked into the Embassy Suites on June 6th and check-in was very smooth. Received a corner room with two windows to the outside, which was very nice. Also received two bottles of water in the rooms for being a Hilton Honors Gold VIP Member. Overall, the hotel is very nice and makes a nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for telling us about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.