“Great hotel for business travelers”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #142 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This hotel is nice. I like to stay here when traveling on business to Atlanta. I normally stay 3 days, so having the suite is nice - more room to spread out. I like their breakfast buffet, but have not had a chance to take advantage of the manager's reception. There was some kind of Marines conference when I was there and the lobby/bar area was very loud in the late evenings - you can certainly hear all the noise sitting in the living room of your suite, but I was in the bedroom part and the noise was not an issue. Great location for me - easy to get around Buckhead and easy to get to downtown/mid-town as well.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sandiegomom2011
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad that we are your hotel of choice when traveling to the Atlanta area. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I, with a business partner were there july 14-19/11. Thanks to trip advisor I decided to take the suggestion of using the marta system from the airport to the hotel.(1/2 hr.) What a super easy system to use, with such helpful Atlanta locals assisting without us even asking.Everyone should be like these super mannerly people, the world would be so awesome!
The exit from the Marta Station in Buckhead is 1 short block to the left upon entering the sidewalk to the hotel. Many other hotels as well are in the area. Restaurants, 3 malls are easy walking distance.
They have a shuttle which will take you to restaurants nearby, for just the tip of the driver, which were very friendly and mannerly.
The setup of the breakfast area, is very poor. This could be rectified with some common sense. To get to anything you end up backing out of the area into someone. so you have to be very careful manouvering around getting your items. alot of time is wasted backtracking, as well, as the layout is helter skelter. The food was okey.
The free drinks from 5.30 to 7.30pm is a nice touch. snacks is just junk food, sparse variety.
Pool areas- there are 2, one out and one in. very clean, good size, lots of comfy loungers on the outside one. we did not use the inside as it was super hot outside, with great sun. (loved an hour or so of relaxation after working all day)

The Rooms- HUGE, refrigerator, microwave, beds were super comfy, great linens. bathrooms perfect, towels thick, hairdryer, etc.
We will probably stay again, I will use my travel bible, tripadvisor to source out the other hotels in the area to see if the breakfast stacks up better.
All t he staff was super friendly, helpful, and mannerly, like all of Atlanta(or the people we met)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank beachlovercanada
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

We appreciate you taking time to share your hotel experience with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely helpful and I will definitely be sharing it at our next staff meeting. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites - Buckhead. I hadn't visited this hotel since 2006 and I love the upgrades! Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The lines for breakfast were not that long and the food was not bad at all. This hotel is very close to plenty of restaurants and just right down the street from the Lenox Mall. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MoPorter
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Thank you for your review. Wow! A lot has changed at our hotel since your last visit in 2006. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully you won't wait five years!

Reviewed 12 July 2011

The weekend that my four friends and I were there, every room was occupied. This hotel has 16 stories, so there were MANY customers. Our complaints were three in number. The first one was at breakfast on Sunday morning. First of all, there wasn't enough staff to handle the crowd. One person was totally responsible for cooking omelets, pancakes, bacon, etc., and the poor guy just couldn't keep up with the demand. At one time, I counted 26 people in line for an omelet. Secondly, the arrangement of the breakfast bar was totally confusing. Instead of being served on an actual buffet, all of the "buffet items" were served from behind the counter by a staff person. The "buffet" and the omelet lines were overlapping and confusing. They ran out of silverware and coffee. We had to search and search for forks with which to eat our breakfast. I saw no evidence of managerial concern or action to remedy the situation. Another problem that existed was the thermostat of the room. We lowered it to 65 degrees in an effort to cool the room; however, the room never reached the point of being chilly. Our last complaint is that I booked two rooms two months in advance and specifically asked for adjoining rooms if possible or at least, side-by-side rooms. My request was ignored. In conclusion, we have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites. While the Buckhead facility is adequate, we feel it could be superior with a little effective managerial concern and guidance.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MarshainSC
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what occurred on your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our executive team and our front office manager will be contacting you to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for bringing them to our attention.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

A nice long weekend was made 10 times better for having stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buckhead. Normally we stay at the ES in Perimeter, this time we stumbled into a better deal at the one in Buckhead. Well worth the trip!

As always, there was the manager's get together in the evenings and a wonderful breakfast in the mornings. Our room was very clean when we arrived. We don't know how good of a job they did while we were there, because we try to give housekeeping the time off from dealing with us while we're there. We're grown-ups and can pick up after ourselves, and I'm sure the staff is okay with being able to skip a room.

Our room was above the hotel's bar, on the second story. We never heard a peep from the bar... or the open air atrium that is open to the dining area. The only time we heard any noise was when our neighbors came and went... and slammed their door in doing so.

One of the great things about this hotel is it's proximity to shopping (Phipps Plaza and Lenox Mall... YAY!!) and dining (Gordon Biersch and Fado). While our stay for New Year's Eve was memorable for a number of reasons, my favorite part of the stay was delivery Peking Duck while hanging around in my jammies watching bowl games all day on the 1st day of the year.

A perfectly wonderful weekend, made better by a pleasant stay at the ES - Buckhead.

One caveat - we used valet parking and we're not sure if this happened while in the care of valet or while we were out shopping, but the tail light lenses came back broken. We don't know when or how it happened, but it COULD have been valet. You might want to save the money and use self-park.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kboyle92
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at our hotel. The fact that you remember all those details about your stay from over six months ago is really impressive. I am so glad that we were able to provide the accommodations for such a memorable getaway. Hope you make it back for NYE this year as well!

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have never been to a hotel that messed up reservations as bad as this one. I proceeded to check in on July 1. I had two rooms reserved. I was told one of my parties had already checked into the room. This was impossible since we were all standing there wanting to check in. I was told that it must be true because they checked in and had their credit card swiped. Instead of apologizing, the staff got testy that I did not know what I was talking about. They showed the two rooms with one confirmation number. Finally, they said they would find another room in the hotel. I found it quite disturbing that someone was allowed to take our room and not have the name changed on the room. It turned out that the next day, I found out someone from our town that was there for the same event, got our room since they were from the same town. They were trying to check out and discovered they were in a room that was for 2 nights and not under their name. Not only did I have trouble checking out, so did everyone else. Prices were wrong. People were charged for 2 rooms. We are still working through the confusion. Also, the air was not working in our room - would not cool below 75. We called for someone to service it. They did not come and at 12:45am, my husband told them to forget it. We all were sweating all night.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kkgriff

We want to apologize for the confusion at the desk when you and your family checked in on July 1st. Please know that this is not indicative of a typical experience at our hotel. Our front office manager would like to discuss your concerns further and will be reaching out to you soon. Thank you again for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel in June while attending a conference in Buckhead. The hotel appears to be relatively new and is located in the bustling Buckhead area of Atlanta. There is a MARTA rail stop about two blocks away, which was convenient for traveling to other areas of Atlanta.

The room was well designed for a business traveler, everything appeared new or nearly so, and everything was very clean. The bed was quite comfortable as well. I was assigned a room immediately across from the elevators, and was not disturbed by any noise during my stay.

If you need to stay in the Buckhead area for business, I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I especially like that you told us what you appreciated the most as a business traveler. Comments like that really help us ensure that we are meeting our travelers' needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.