“Nice business when traveling on business”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glendora, California
“Nice business when traveling on business”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful as is every Grand Hyatt I stay at. With business meetings running late, room service is my savior and this hotel had excellent food! It got there within 30 minutes of me ordering it. I'll be staying here again.

Also, if you like a night life, this hotel is practically walking distance from hot night clubs and bars!! Another plus!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place from what I could tell.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Gerrie,
We are so glad that you got to enjoy your stay with us and enjoy the incredible food Chef Thomas McKeown and his team provide. Maybe next time you will be able to to come for pleasure and enjoy all the other wonderful amenities we offer. See you soon.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Hotel employees are very helpful and nice. Great stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. We agree, we have the best employees and they are what makes this hotel so wonderful. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. See you soon.
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Was here in Atlanta and stayed at the Grand Hyatt on business. It was a quick trip but staying here made it very enjoyable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I was on the 20th floor in a very spacious accommodating room. There were two double beds, two comfortable chairs with a table, and a very workable desk. Even though the room was on the back side of the elevators, the room was quiet. Had no trouble getting some good uninterrupted sleep.The HD TV was excellent. The bathroom was also very spacious and comfortable. I loved the large fluffy bath sheet towels! I had to laugh when I saw the wall mounted telephone next to the toilet! Like I'm really going to call someone while I sit there! The room had plugs where I needed them and internet access was provided at no charge. There was a fee for internet but it was credited. When you pay that kind of price internet should be provided like soap and shampoo! The food during the all day meeting was excellent.

A couple of recommendations I have for the hotel though would be to update the information book. It would be nice if it had more information about the hotel such as where things are. Yes it had descriptions of services, such as the fitness room, but then just provided the number for the concierge desk, which no one answered. Why not include where the fitness center is! That is an easy fix. The not so easy fix is the elevators. While the elevators are very beautiful, guests have a very hard time reading the button labels. I can't tell you how many people I watched bend over and move side to side just to read the labels to make sure they press the right number. I did this too the first couple times until I memorized where my buttons were. Something to consider when you remodel.

As I move toward a more plant based diet, I did ask staff for recommendations for good restaurants that have good, healthy, meatless choices. The ones I asked did not really know. The hotel might want to update the menu book at the concierge desk to somehow include this. Something to consider. I did walk to the Lenox Square Mall and was happy to see Panera Bread, they have low fat vegetarian choices so I was able to get what I was looking for.

Overall this was a great experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and the suggestions on how we can be even better. We love to get feedback like this and will absolutley take action on these items. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back often.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been staying at the Grand Hyatt Atlanta since it use to be the Nikko hotel. The service level at this hotel rates it with one of the best around. The location is great right in the heart of Buckhead and is close to great places to eat and shop. It is a very vibrant area of town. The rooms are very nice and the front desk is usually helpful in making sure you have the kind of room you like. Right now they are undergoing renovations to the pool area and outside garden area but for me that is not that big of a deal. If you work out you will really like the fact that they have a sauna and steam room in the locker area.

Room Tip: The corner rooms with the patios are great is you are planning a party! The club level lounge is bea...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank platinum4life
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for the great comments. We really appreciate the continued loyalty and hope that we continue to privide you with excellent service for many more years.
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just had a great experience at this hotel. My organization held it's annual Leadership training event here for approximately 300 people. I was greeted with a smile upon check-in. Everything that our meeting planner had arranged for me was in perfect order. This speaks highly to the level of attention to detail the staff goes to. I would like to focus on the IT/Audio Visual portion of the event as this is the part I was responsible for.

My supervisor and I met in person and via telecon on multiple occasions prior to executing the event with the PSAV Sales Rep, Mr. Kyle Means. Everything turned out exactly as we planned. The team we had with us at the A/V table (Mark, Vance, & David) were very competent and very willing to support our training. I greatly appreciated the effort these four gentlemen put into our event.

The location of the hotel is great, You can get anything from pizza & Chik-fil-A to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse or Maggiano's, all within walking distance. And, there is a Marta (subway) stop about a half-block down from the hotel that also offers a straight shot to and from the airport for about $4. Anyway, had a great time there. The management & sales team we met with (Lisa & Neil) were very accommodating. The hotel restaurant is also very good. I especially liked the blackened swordfish wrap...awesome!

Would highly recommend this hotel for any corporate or government event. Thanks for helping make our event a huge success.

Room Tip: I think any room you get here is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments. We really enjoyed hosting your conference and hope that you will be back again in the future.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The Grand Hyatt is a fairly standard chain hotel, which considering the number of competitors close to it needs to raise its game.

I stayed on the 17th floor. The room was a decent size and had the same amenities as you would expect from any of the main chains. The bed was a decent size, a little on the soft side for me. The bathroom had a fairly tired shower, but was hot enough and had decent pressure.

As many other reviewers have remarked, both wifi and internet are charged for in the room. In this day and age where access to the internet is seen as a utility this does seem a bit cheap on the part of the hotel. It would be far better from a customer perception for them them to up the rack rate by $5 and then include the internet and wifi throughout the hotel.

The charge of $4 for a small bottle of what is effectively tap water in the room again makes them look cheap and penny pinching.

The breakfast was disappointing - not what you would expect from a US hotel. The range of options was really quite limited in all aspects - fruit, cereal, yoghurts and pastries. It is served in a rather gloomy sub-terranean space. The Japanese waterfall is promoted as a feature, but looks rather dated.

The room service menu is quite limited and quite expensive. That said the service was good and the staff friendly and efficient.

In the bar the choice of beers from microbreweries was decidedly limited. The bar itself had a buzzy atmosphere.

There are a number of newer major chain hotels within walking distance of the hotel, which should be providing competitive pressure. Should I return to Buckhead I would certainly consider them before returning to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are disappointed that you did not enjoy our beautiful hotel more. We do charge for internet and bottled water as do all the four and five diamond hotels in the area and are very up front about these costs. We pride ourselves on providing great service and a great product and will use your comments to improve as we do with all feedback shared by our customers.
Middleburg, VA
Reviewed 15 March 2012

On the spur of the moment I flew to Atlanta to visit my daughter and watch the UNC Tar Heels play in the finals of the ACC tournament. While the Heels lost, I had a great visit and found the Grand Hyatt to be quite nice.

The room, while somewhat small, was well-appointed, provided a robe, refrigerator, nice flat screen tv and a nice bathroom. It was a well laid out room.

The staff in the lounge/bar were top notch -- friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. They were, sadly, offset by a grumpy and rather useless concierge who looked quite pained when asked for the simplest bits of information. Likewise, I needed to download a boarding pass and seat assignment, and was referred to the "business center" for that chore. Bottom line: it cost me $11.00 to use their computer for <10 minutes to to print two pages. It turned out the desk clerk who sent me there was a trainee and another clerk (Anna) fell all over herself to apologize, finally comping me an $11+ drink at the bar that evening.

Room Tip: NOTE: this hotel participates on priceline.com and I got the room for $75 per night -- well off the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Walter,

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are glad that overall you had a great experience with us. We would like to apologize that the concierge encounter you had was not as expected and that there was confusion regarding your boarding pass. We take service very seriously and assure you that we will be following up on all of this. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened and allowing us to get better.