“GREAT HOTEL...GREAT STAFF...GREAT LOCATION”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
“GREAT HOTEL...GREAT STAFF...GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. My review title says it all! I stayed here for two nights. The hotel was quiet, spotless clean, the check-in was one of the best check-ins I've ever encountered in all my travels. I travel very frequently...I will be back to this wonderful full-service hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chris M
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Wow, we are so glad you had such a great time. We love when people get to fully enjoy what we are all about. We are so pleased to share your comments with everyone.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We (a family of four) spent our Memorial Day weekend at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead. The hotel lobby is beautiful and much more elegant than the Westin or Intercontinental, which are close neighbors to this hotel on Peachtree Street. The rooms were obviously newly renovated and decorated in a modern but warm decor. Included in our rate was a wonderful breakfast buffet! The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly, especially in Cassis, the main dining venue. We were able to get a stay 3 nights pay for 2 rate, which made the nightly rate just a tad more than staying at a typical 3 star roadside chain. The only downside was that internet service was not complimentary. Even my children (who travel often for tournament sports) noted that lesser hotels offer internet service for free. Also, be aware that valet parking is costly at $32 per night and self parking is $20. With those two exceptions this is a beautiful, clean and well staffed hotel in a wonderful area of Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mandchutchins
Thank you for taking the time to share these comments about your recent stay. We are really pleased that you and your family had such a great time and that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities and of course our favorite, our great staff. We do charge for parking and internet but this is normal for the area with all the 4 and 5 star hotels charging. We hope to welcome you and your family back for your next getaway and become your home away from home.
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Attended conference at this hotel. Rooms were nice. Excellent room service. Staff was so friendly and helpful. There is plenty to do near the hotel, including shopping and restaurants. Lobby bar great for meeting with friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michebill
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
We are so glad that your conference went well and that you also had time to enjoy our beautiful hotel, service and of course the great location. We hope that next time you stay you will be able to relax the whole time. See you soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Treated my wife to a two day getaway over Mother's Day weekend and this was exactly right for us. The Buckhead location which is a two hour drive away is really close to fine restaurants, great shopping and nightlife. We chose to stay in a regular room and splurge on other things, but the room was great. She loved the large bathroom and the comfort of the king size bed. I like the big screen TV. We tether our laptops to our cell phones, so the up charge for Internet access was a non issue. But you can add $30 or so to the room rate if you let them park your car.

The service was great, especially the room service delivery of breakfast on Mother's Day morning. The entire staff was professional, friendly and very capable. We will be back!

Room Tip: High up on the southwest side will give you a good night view of the city lights.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
We are so glad that you picked our hotel to celebrate your Mothers Day Weekend, maybe we can make it a new tradition? We appreciate you sharing all the great experiences you had and we think our staff and service are wonderful too. We look forward to your next visit!
Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights while on business travel in Atlanta the last week in April. I've stayed at many Hyatt hotels and this is one of the better ones. I'll jump right into it....

PROS:

Location! Location! Location! This hotel is in the heart of Buckhead so there are restaurants galore right at your finger tips along with plenty of shopping options.

Service - Every employee that I encountered from front desk to valet was very courteous and accommodating.

Bed - Super comfortable, almost luxurious :)

Extras - Loved the iPod docking station and views of Buckhead and beyond from my room.

CONS:

Privacy - While my room was appointed very nicely, the walls in this hotel are as thin as paper. I overheard conversations and the TV in a neighboring room.

Parking - The only two options are self-park ($20) or valet ($32). While I opted for valet to avoid the hassle of self parking, this was still kind of steep considering I have paid less in places like Chicago and New York.....

Bathroom - My shower clogged the first time I used it and would not drain properly however it was fixed.

**************

So that's it in a nutshell. Unfortunately, I can not vouch for the spa or any of the food at the hotel as I ate out during my trip. I would definitely stay at the Grand Hyatt during my next trip to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. Ask for a room facing South as these will have views of the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hers241
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
We are really glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at our great hotel and that you enjoyed the great location and your well appointed guest room. There is a charge for parking but the fee is very comparable to like hotels in the area. We hope that the next time you are here you will be able to enjoy more of the amenties we offer like the sauna, restaurant and pool. See you back soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Easy to check in and nice staff. I stayed here duirn the December 2010 ice storm. The hotel was very kind to find me a room. The hotel bar have a nice area for drinks and food. The food was very good.

Location: Walking distance to about anything you could need.

Rooms: Clean and bed was comfortable.

Staff: They were extremely nice and given there was bad weather they all we very professional

I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Higer floors have a nice view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your nice comments and glowing endorsement of our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon and definitely when the weather is better so you can take advantage of some of our great amenities.
USA
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was excited that I might be getting a good last minute deal on Expedia, but while it appeared to be a good deal, after adding in all the charges, and dealing with the place I was not so happy about the choice. For one thing, it amazes me that they cannot even have free wireless internet in at least the lobby, but of course it is not free in the rooms. Certainly it would make sense for it to be free of charge in the lobby bar cafe so that I might hang around and eat or drink something. Instead I either stayed off the internet or went somewhere else. Next, I asked for what I thought would be a quiet room on a high floor, but soon discovered the next morning that it is not so quiet. The room next door is separated by adjoining doors that could open up to each room, and you can see visible light underneath, and of course much and all noises. So just hope your neighbors are quiet at night and not loud in the morning, not the case where I was. And the doors, wow; the same horrible hotel metal doors that slam shut even when you do not try to slam them. Also, what is with those metal top covers on top of the toilet paper rolls? Are they there to keep you from using too much? Should I just jump in the shower? If so please also leave more towels! And I did not like the A/C experience, that did not seem to blow out much air and what did come out it did not seem so clean. And when I got there I did not have any shampoo in the room, but that was corrected the next day. And, self serve parking was too far away so was surprised it cost 20 bucks. One thing that was ok was the included breakfast was mostly good, but not excited about the eggs or potatoes. And when I decided to check out a day early, since it was already paid for on Expedia, I am unable to get any money back or not even a future price break from the hotel. Oh well, I will not ever go back there anyway. And finally, if I am going to check out and leave at the desk, please do not ask to hold my car keys when I will be right back. Never seen that happen before!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs or plan your sleep around your neighbors! Go somewhere else for internet or plan to...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank trickdog1
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy the time with us. This is certainly not out typical guest experience and we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. Please contact us at your convenience, we take all our reviews very seriously and use them as a forum to make the hotel better.