The Grand Hyatt Atlanta has just about everything travelers expect from a "Grand" Hyatt. The lobby is elegant and inviting, the rooms are comfortable, well-appointed, and reasonably spacious. I found the staff to be courteous and helpful, and never during my two-day stay was there more than a short line at the reception desk or anywhere else. There's a modern and well-equipped fitness center, a great outdoor pool, and a convivial bar/lounge that doubles as a coffee shop in the morning. My room on the nineteenth floor had a beautiful view of the downtown Atlanta skyline with Stone Mountain in the distance. And Buckhead is the best place to stay in Atlanta, close to shopping, restaurants, Emory University, many offices, and easy transportation to other parts of town.
Some reviewers have noted that the valet parking fee ($30) and the breakfast ($22) at the Grand Hyatt are rather expensive. I didn't have a car, so I didn't try the less expensive self-parking, but it's right next to the hotel and does not look dangerous or inconvenient. And there are lots of other options for breakfast, including the hotel coffee shop -- I had a cappuccino and a cinnamon roll for under $10 -- and a few other places within easy walking distance.
For fans of MARTA, Atlanta's convenient and inexpensive light-rail system, the Grand Hyatt is about a seven-or-eight minute walk from the Buckhead station. There are frequent trains to and from the airport; the trip takes about 30 minutes and costs $2.50. The MARTA station is on the same side of the street as the Hyatt -- the hotel web site says it's one block from the hotel, but it's really more like two or three short blocks with a good sidewalk -- so it's easy if the weather is OK and you don't have more than a rolling carry-on and a briefcase or computer bag. Obviously it's not so easy if you have more luggage or if it's raining, but there are free shuttles (some provided by the hotel and others by the city) from the hotel to MARTA and to the nearby Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza shopping malls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil retreat within a vibrant urban setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead Hotel Atlanta
- Hyatt Atlanta In Buckhead
- Grand Hyatt Buckhead
- Atlanta Hyatt