“Our iPhone was stolen by the Valet! Avoid!!”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our iPhone was stolen out of our car while it was valet parked at the hotel. The grand hyatt will not take any responsibility. The valet guy was smirking and laughing and acting completely unprofessional, but the hotel will not compensate us in any way for the phone. Our romantic night away from the kids was spent dealing with the valet manager and the hotel management, who told us they would "look into it", but in the end did nothing. The room was nice, but we hardly got any time in it thanks to the thief who stole our phone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 3Girls1Boy2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at The Grand Hyatt. The first night I noticed our room was warm and was not cooling even thought I turned down the A/C. I called the front desk and the had someone in our room within 10 minutes. He was very nice and explained the problem--an easy fix. He stayed until he was sure it was working properly. As he was leaving, he asked if he could send up milk and cookies. Of course, we said "yes" and they arrived about 10 minutes later. Delicious and a very kind gesture. There is a free shuttle for a 2 mile radius and front desk staff was very helpful. My granddaughter loved the courtesy robes!
Within walking distance to Lenox and Phipps Malls and Crate and Barrel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so sorry that you had a little glitch but are glad we were able to take care of it and that you were so happy with the resolution. See you next time.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very NICE HOTEL AND ROOM. Gratis TRANSPORtation IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA. GOOD RECOMMENDATIONS. Room was ready upon arrival. many interesting areas in Buckhead. Hotel is located within walking distance of many attractions.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the hotel and the great location. We look forward to your next trip.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

What a wonderful hotel and staff!!! And let me repeat that…the staff here are the best!!
I have stayed here three times during the last 3 months, once for 24 consecutive nights, and from the first day here, everyone (valet, bellstand, front desk, concierge, housekeeping, club room staff, maintenance/engineering, dining room and bar staff) went overboard in their successful endeavor to make me and my wife feel comfortable and at home.

As a result of this most positive hotel experience, I signed up for the VISA Hyatt credit card, which automatically elevated my status to Platinum. Then, as a result of my highest rewards level in another hotel, Hyatt provided the opportunity to me to attain their highest level, called Diamond.

The benefits from both of these award levels are comparable to what you’d expect from other hotels’ programs….free wifi, breakfast, clubroom access, etc.

As a result of this hotel, and customer service from Hyatt, I have added Hyatt to my mix of hotels. I am already scheduled for another return visit here.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Wow, what can we say, this what we want to achieve with every guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great location, nice facility, close to night life. Nice lobby bar. They have a shuttle that will zip you around Buckhead, saving you the fixed $15/ride cab fare. Pool is a little small but it's a downtown setting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for the great review, we are glad that you enjoyed the hotel, amenities and of course the Buckhead area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently attended a conference which was held in this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff were cordial and helpful. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The courtesy bathrobes were a nice touch. The room had a large flat screen television with a good selection of channels. The bathroom was large and attractive. However, the shower head did not produce very much water which seemed uncharacteristic for such a nice hotel. My other complaint was with the internet and wireless service. I had no problems using my cell phone in the conference area, but I had to enter my room number into the phone when I entered my room. I had difficulty trying to use both my phone and my laptop at the same time. I feel that a luxury hotel should offer unlimited free wireless access to guests. Otherwise, I was impressed with my stay in Buckhead.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank your for your great review and your feedbak. We always love to hear from our guests and what we can improve on. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice hotel. Very clean. Staff is very helpful - goes above and beyond. The restaurant was closed for one half of the week I was there but they did a good job with breakfast in the lounge. (Food was expensive but I expected that - $22 for breakfast buffet). Very close to the Marta - very easy to get back to airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice review, we are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.