“Pay for your hotel room, then pay for everything else too”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Pay for your hotel room, then pay for everything else too”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The accommodations were good, though nothing special. Clearly the owners of the Grand Hyatt expect that everyone staying there is wealthy. After you have paid a very high price for the room (even through Priceline), everything else you might want is additional and expensive. It was an additional $22 to park on their property, an extra $11 per computer for WiFi access, and food prices were at least double anything reasonable ($16 for a salmon & cream cheese bagel & $5 for orange juice). I own an optometry business and provide free WiFi to guests. I can go to McDonald's and get free WiFi. But the Grand Hyatt is charging $11 per computer? I was very disappointed with my experience.

5 Thank SVOSHer
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have extra fees but we ensure they are competitive with the other hotels of the same star rating in the area, we also try to be up front about these fees so there are no surprises. We would love to follow up with you more as we love to hear from our guest and would love to invite you back.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed for one night in March for a meeting so I did not choose this hotel for myself. The check in staff were efficient. The room is a decent size with a desk and chair as well as a king bed. My first problem was that the room was not exceptionally clean. I'm not typically a germ-phobe, but I don't like to reach over to switch off the light on the nightstand and come away with dusty fingers. It makes me wonder what else in the room was not really clean. Also, there was noise from the hall all night long. It seemed like staff coming to clean and pick up room service trays would yell back and forth down the halls to one another. It woke me up 4-5 times over the course of the night, I guess night shift forgets that some of us are sleeping. It was a Friday night but I unfortunately had to be up pretty early Saturday for the meeting.

The food in the bar was very good and the wait staff were friendly and attentive, probably the best part of the hotel overall.

If I were paying to go to Atlanta, I'd certainly stay somewhere else. I've been to Atlanta for a few meetings and stayed in much nicer hotels for what looked like about the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, the street noise on the lower floors in annoying.
2 Thank jemmabeans
We are so sorry that you had some issues during your recent stay but are so glad that you shared your feedback. We love to hear our guests experiences as it allows us to correct these things and become better. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back.
Savannah
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Great spot to get around Buckhead! Wifi is expensive, though. Beautiful zen garden adds to the ambience. Probably the best gym facility of any hotel I've been to, exceptionally clean and well maintained. Gift shop and coffee bar on site.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank mymysmema
Thanks for the great review, we are so glad that you enjoyed the gym and the Japanese Garden, both are great spots to unwind after a tough day. We hope to see you soon again.
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel is very well located with a nice mall (with Apple store !) and many good restaurants all arround. It is very convenient to go to Lawrenceville by car (no trafic in the morning and evening in this direction).
Rooms are very confortable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay and the Buckhead area. See you next time.
Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel four nights for a conference. I was so impressed! The staff was so friendly, from the woman at the front desk that spent far too much of her time tracking down my missing packages, to the bartender at our conference events who remembered "my drink", to the gentleman who brought my breakfast every morrning to the very sweet woman at the gift shop - I didn't encounter one unpleasant person. My room was clean, comfortable and well equiped.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank suzduell
We cannot ask for more than this, and please, there is never such thing as too much time spent on any of our guests. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I had a good stay in this Buckhead hotel. The location is good, with lots of restaurants, shopping, and even a grocery store within walking distance. It's a long two blocks from the MARTA station -- do-able if you don't have a lot of luggage.

The hotel's public areas are nice, with lots of high-quality furnishings and materials. But there were some oddities too, so it seemed to me that the decor was a mix of traditional and modern that doesn't quite work together. The elevators were painfully slow sometimes. The staff was a strong point, though -- to a person, they were friendly and southern hospitality personified.

My double room was disappointingly small, and that's with full-size beds, mind you, not queen-size. The nice marble bathroom was pretty large, as was the closet, but otherwise the room felt a bit cramped. The big, tall windows are nice, though, and well equipped with black-out drapes. It was reasonably attractive, but nothing to write home about. I kept thinking about the West Coast hotel where this meeting was held last year; the rooms there were about 50% bigger for the same price!

I did not like the bed -- too soft for my taste. The herd of pillows was okay. The bed was topped with a very thin comforter, sandwiched between two thin flat sheets. This may work well for summertime in Hotlanta, but it was barely enough for the below-freezing temperatures we experienced during my stay. And I did not see any additional blankets in the room.

At least things were clean and worked, including the wifi. A rusty air register in the bathroom needed some attention. Other little annoyances included too few hangers for the two of us, the thermostat hidden behind a chair and a structural column, and the way hallway sounds carried right into the room as if the door wasn't there. The towels were large, but a little thin and had a slight odor to them. A few other things in the plus column: a large flat-screen TV with a wireless keyboard, a desk with a very comfortable task chair, a real bath mat.

On the whole, this is a nice hotel. But in this neighborhood, at this price, I expect a little more.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IMHOguy
Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time. We always want to hear from our guest as it highlights the areas we need to improve upon. We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. We would love the opportunity to host you again.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was here for a conference and can't recommend this hotel more. As soon as I saw my name on the TV when I walked in the room I felt it was going to be a great stay. The rooms are wonderful, beds and pillows cozy. Their in-room dining food is awesome--I am vegan and they had a number of options that were delicious and the chef was ready to accomodate if nothing had appealed to me...My favorite: the tofu and red quinoa casserole for breakfast---usually I have order oatmeal as the only non-dairy option..I am still trying to wrangle the recipe from the chef! The conference food was fabulous as well and very happily they put out soy milk with the coffee automatically! I was in heaven! I even had weights, a yoga mat and a curling iron brought up to the room...no problem!

Green Features: Great to see a separate recycling bin in the room---I was surprised that they didn't have a separate recycling bin in the gym since they have plastic throwaway cups there....
2 Thank duncansmom89
Its so great to hear such awesome feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to share. Please know that our Chef is happy to share any of his great recipes with you. We look forward to seeing you many more times in the future.