“Good service, nice room”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #11 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Was staying here for a conference. Customer service was excellent from valet, to check in, and concierge. Room was spacious and well maintained. The shower was weak and the shower head needed to be replaced. Other than that, no complaints and an overall good stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great conference. Sorry about the shower head, thank you for sharing that feedback. We hope we can welcome you and your colleagues back again very soon.
Grainne McClain

Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I'm staying here for 2 nights while visiting Atlanta for work. I was impressed with the space in my king size room (room 404). I planned to have a hot bath after dinner with my coworkers but when I looked at the tub I realized it was dirty. I called guest services and asked to have it cleaned while I was at dinner. Upon my return frim dinner I was shocked to find it was still dirty. Upon calling to request a housekeeping manager, the guest services lady (cheryl?) indicated that it was the color of the tub not dirt. At my insistence she did send the housekeeping manager, Helen, who personally cleaned the tub. When Helen arrived , I showed her the dirt ring and took a tissue and wiped the dirt that was around the tub. The room is a nice size. The lobby bar area is nice (thanks Jessica for good service). Check in was quick and friendly. However the cleanliness issue is a concern and I probably would not stay here again if it was not required for work.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DMS1908
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would love to touch base with you and follow up. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as it allows us to take steps to correct such things. Thank you

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Can't say enough about the staff at this property. From the valets who greet you when you arrive to the front desk staff and bell staff everyone was very friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and are interested in taking care of you. The property is in good condition. We had a corner king on a high floor and it was spacious and comfortable. The location is hard to beat - convenient to shopping and restaurants within walking distance or a short drive to mid-town or downtown. The best feature was the complimentary car and driver which operates within a few mile radius of the hotel. The driver was super courteous and was always within 10 minutes of picking us up when we called.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DineOutOften10

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us. We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Grand Hyatt in Buckhead is a very nice hotel, with attentive service and nice decor. The bar is somewhat simple, the rooms spacious and well kept.

Overall it was a nice experience and enjoyable, I would go back when in Atlanta.

The hotel is located in an area with plenty of food options around it, you can walk to different restaurants. For bars and nightlife, you might need a car as the area, although nice, is also pretty quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MoItaly

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We hope to see you soon. Just so you know the hotel does offer a complimentary car service within two miles and the BUC bus service is also a good free service to get around Buckhead.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead is classic elegant hotel. The service is outstanding. The front desk staff did a phenomenal job engaging and anticiapting customers needs. Specifically, Joseph did extraordinary job providing personalized customer service. The decor is tastefully luxerious and newly renovated. The Regency Club was beautifully done with an amazing view of the Atlanta sky scape. The food, amenities, and service in the Regency Club were first class. The bar has a brilliant view of the man made waterfall an zen garden. Excellent place to enjoy a drink. Much thanks to the staff for making my weekend in Atlanta memorable. I will no doubtly be returning to this Hyatt the next time I visit in Atlanta.

Room Tip: The Regency floor has a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travis C

We could not ask for a better endorsement than this. Thank you so much for sharing and we hope to welcome you back many more times.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently stayed here for a weekend getaway. I usually stay at the Intercontinental across the street, however they were sold out. From the time I stepped out of my car and from the time I left and in between I was always greeted with a smile and welcome. Being in the hospitality industry that goes along way for me. I was upgraded by the young lady at the desk to a suite which was a nice surprise! The room was very clean and comfortable even thought a bit dated. The only complaint was the AC in the bedroom did not work the second night and I didn't report it till check out. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobby S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and the great service. We are sorry you had A/C issues but are glad you let us know so we could correct it. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

And the 90s I lived in Atlanta and always wanted to stay at this hotel. Back in town I finally had the chance although I wish I had stayed back in the 90s. The staff was nice and the bar was great but the rooms I felt were a little lacking for something labeled as grand. We did get a platinum status upgrade and were treated nicely from a points perspective. I just feel like the room should've been nicer and newer. Coffee at the bar was a little lacking try crossing the street to the Caribou coffee you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmillerus
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We are so very disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your recent stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we really do want to hear our guest comments as it allows us to take corrective action when needed. We would love to welcome you back in the future.
Sinerely,