“Failure of housekeeping”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Failure of housekeeping”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed three nights. Had to call for towels, beds never made, no one came to tend to room EVER. Out of room from 8 am to 9 pm, never put do not disturb sign on door.

When checked out was told only additional charge would be for parking, which was expected. In addition to parking was charged $3.24 for what I have no idea, the only item in the room was a bottle of water that was marked $3 which was never touched.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Clark1987
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry that housekeeping was such a letdown for you and assure you its not typical. We will make sure we use your review to provide feedback to our staff and make sure this does not happen again. We would love the opportunity to host you again.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

They finally admitted they only installed wifi access points every other floor. Managers seemed to tell me they did not know. Cannot truly believe it b/c techs said this was common. Recommend stay at Hyatt place next block over.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Clark B
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests. We apologize that you had problems with the internet but are glad to report that we have just completed an upgrade project and have added many more access points. We hope this means you will come back and give us another try.
Scandia, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Normally I stay downtown or nearer the airport but because of an early meeting in Buckhead, I chose this. Great decision. It's walkable from MARTA, the room Talia assigned me was big and spacious, and I had a fantastic steak inthe lounge. Jessica opened the window so I could hear the waterfall. The only downside was that wifi was sketchy in parts of my room, and the lady who was working the business center was not the friendliest. But I still give it a bunch of stars and intend to be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Layover
Thank you for the great review, we are so glad that you enjoyed the room, the food and of course the great location and appreciate all the stars....we look forward to your next visit. BTW, we also just upgraded all our internet.
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was attending a conference downtown, but decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead instead. I'm glad I did! Buckhead is a safe, clean and attractive area of Atlanta, it was easy to reach with MARTA and was a restful place to go back to after a hectic day downtown. The price was a great value for a luxury property. The check-in was superb, the Asian lady who checked me in was very nice, she gave me free internet and one free breakfast for being a Hyatt Gold member. The customer service was exemplar during my whole stay (6 days). The guestroom and bathroom was very large and luxurious, the bed was comfortable and the climate control worked well. The view from my 18th floor room was amazing, with a great vista of downtown & midtown. I asked the maid for more towels and other items, she was happy to help me out. The Zen garden behind the property was so nice and unexpected! Buckhead Pizza Company next door has delicious pizza, gluten free too. Enjoy the Hyatt!

Room Tip: Peachtree Road facing rooms will have great views of downtown and midtown.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bose2
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We really appreciate you sharing all of this, we love to hear from our guests and are always glad when someones stay is so great. We hope to welcome you back often.
Boynton Beach
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference so I really didn't have to chose it however I wasn't disappointed at all.

I was very tired when I checked in so it was very nice that I didn't have to wait. The service through out the hotel and its restaurants was excellent.

Their conference facilities are also excellent and the staff their is top notch.

Highly recommend this hotel, pity I was only here for one night.

Room Tip: If you can get a upgrade to the Grand Club it is always worth it, saves you a lot of money as it inc...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We are so glad that your conference was here and that your stay was so awesome. We would love to host you all again very soon. Thank you for sharing your review.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay in hotels 48 weeks a year, and I must say that this was one of my best experiences ever. Every single staff member I came in contact with went above and beyond! It was a birthday weekend, and after a short "getting to know you" conversation with the Grand Club attendant on Saturday morning during breakfast, she volunteered to send a bottle of wine to the room! When we came back to the room around 3:00, there were TWO bottles of wine and appetizers (see attached photo). She didn't ask permission, she just made it happen! Wow! The concierge didn't work on Saturday, but you'd never know it. The desk assisted me with dinner reservations and the bar arranged for appetizers to be delivered to the room for friends who were coming to the room for a drink before heading to dinner! We were in an executive suite on the 21st floor, so plenty of room to enjoy, and the turn down service was also very nice. Extra hangers were requested, and arrived within 5 minutes. Awesome job, and Thank You!

As other reviewers have noted, this is a great location with some of the best hotels you'll find nearby, and a lot of great restaurants and shopping nearby.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing south get great morning sun.
Green Features: The hotel definitely had environmentally friendly practices in place. Recycling bins were conveniently located in the room, and guests are encouraged to hang towels for reuse.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike G
This is all so nice to hear and we will make sure we share your comments with all our staff. We love to hear form our guests and get their feedback so appreciate you taking the time. We look forward to your next visit.
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Grand Hyatt is in an area chock full of high-end hotels: Intercontinental, JW Marriot, Mandarin, Ritz. The rates are very competitive given all the competition. The hotel building itself is very nice and well-maintained. The staff are great, as usual at a Hyatt. Parking is across the side street so just a bit of a walk - just are enough to not want to walk back to your car to grab something you forgot. Lots of restaurants within walking distances, so you're not tied to the hotel to get something to eat.

In suite, we had in-room safe, mini-fridge, four windows, so plenty of light. Fitness center was well "stocked" (i.e. had smith machine), and had enough equipment for the number of rooms (i.e. not crowded).

Reason not rated five stars: cleanliness. Pistachio shells and old recipt under the fold-out sofa. Otherwise the room was clean and well-stocked, so not unacceptable, but just would expect more if was to be rated five-stars. Also, water pressure at the bath sink was very weak, possibly because of high-floor room. Leaves and other debris blown into the side door were not cleaned up quickly. Lastly, although stayed in April, the outdoor pool was open, however it was dirty. If a hotel has the pool open, it should be clean - just make the decision: open or not - if open, it should be up to par. Did not receive what not seems to be the typical after-stay survey from this hotel, so not sure they care.

Overall, would stay here again, but given the competitive hotel market, might try another hotel just for comparison...

Green Features: Recycling buckets in room. Important to me. Still typing because tripadvisor says this has to be 50 characters
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank M B
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so sorry that your stay was not the 5 star experience it should have been and we will make sure that we follow up on your concerns immediately. Hearing form our guests is how we stay better and get better so we appreciate you sharing. Hopefully that return trip will be sooner rather than later so we can show you a much better expereience.