“Luxury centrally located and very nice service”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #13 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt when I visited Atlanta last. First thing I remember about the hotel is amazing location
1) Centrally located with Peachtree Subway station 50 metres away
2) Pharmacy and Starbucks 50 m away
3) Lots of malls around the place
4) Coke Museum
5) Atlanta Aquarium

The hotel is beautiful. I had a lovely room and when requested was provided a full shaving kit, as I had forgotten mine.

Amazing room service is what I remember. I also had a chance to eat at the coffee shop and pick up sandwiches from the Hotel's smaller coffee shop.

But the best meal I had was the traditional diner just a block away from the hotel,"metro". Almost all the hotel staff recommended this, so you cant go wrong when you eat here. Its amazing food.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HFKtheone
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We really appreciate all your comments and are so happy you took the time to share them. We hope that all our guests can enjoy the hotel and area as much as you did.
See you very soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very good service from check-in to check-out. Regency Club is worth the extra $$, as they do a good job with evening snacks and also breakfast.

Comfy bedding, nice bathroom amenities.

Great hotel gym too.

Room Tip: Aim for a high floor for nice views of Atlanta
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

What more can we ask for, thank you and hope to see you often.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed three nights. Had to call for towels, beds never made, no one came to tend to room EVER. Out of room from 8 am to 9 pm, never put do not disturb sign on door.

When checked out was told only additional charge would be for parking, which was expected. In addition to parking was charged $3.24 for what I have no idea, the only item in the room was a bottle of water that was marked $3 which was never touched.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Clark1987

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry that housekeeping was such a letdown for you and assure you its not typical. We will make sure we use your review to provide feedback to our staff and make sure this does not happen again. We would love the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

They finally admitted they only installed wifi access points every other floor. Managers seemed to tell me they did not know. Cannot truly believe it b/c techs said this was common. Recommend stay at Hyatt place next block over.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Clark B

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests. We apologize that you had problems with the internet but are glad to report that we have just completed an upgrade project and have added many more access points. We hope this means you will come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Normally I stay downtown or nearer the airport but because of an early meeting in Buckhead, I chose this. Great decision. It's walkable from MARTA, the room Talia assigned me was big and spacious, and I had a fantastic steak inthe lounge. Jessica opened the window so I could hear the waterfall. The only downside was that wifi was sketchy in parts of my room, and the lady who was working the business center was not the friendliest. But I still give it a bunch of stars and intend to be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Layover

Thank you for the great review, we are so glad that you enjoyed the room, the food and of course the great location and appreciate all the stars....we look forward to your next visit. BTW, we also just upgraded all our internet.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was attending a conference downtown, but decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt in Buckhead instead. I'm glad I did! Buckhead is a safe, clean and attractive area of Atlanta, it was easy to reach with MARTA and was a restful place to go back to after a hectic day downtown. The price was a great value for a luxury property. The check-in was superb, the Asian lady who checked me in was very nice, she gave me free internet and one free breakfast for being a Hyatt Gold member. The customer service was exemplar during my whole stay (6 days). The guestroom and bathroom was very large and luxurious, the bed was comfortable and the climate control worked well. The view from my 18th floor room was amazing, with a great vista of downtown & midtown. I asked the maid for more towels and other items, she was happy to help me out. The Zen garden behind the property was so nice and unexpected! Buckhead Pizza Company next door has delicious pizza, gluten free too. Enjoy the Hyatt!

Room Tip: Peachtree Road facing rooms will have great views of downtown and midtown.
2  Thank Bose2
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

We really appreciate you sharing all of this, we love to hear from our guests and are always glad when someones stay is so great. We hope to welcome you back often.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference so I really didn't have to chose it however I wasn't disappointed at all.

I was very tired when I checked in so it was very nice that I didn't have to wait. The service through out the hotel and its restaurants was excellent.

Their conference facilities are also excellent and the staff their is top notch.

Highly recommend this hotel, pity I was only here for one night.

Room Tip: If you can get a upgrade to the Grand Club it is always worth it, saves you a lot of money as it inc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad that your conference was here and that your stay was so awesome. We would love to host you all again very soon. Thank you for sharing your review.