“Great location at a fair price”

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Ranked #15 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great location at a fair price”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was looking for a reasonably priced 4 star hotel in Buckhead for a weekend and the Grand Hyatt fit the bill. At $119 per night for a King room, I thought it was a great rate and didn't think I could even find a Courtyard or Hilton Garden any cheaper than that.

Good location and very attentive staff. The doorman, and bell service was attentive and the check in was a breeze as well. I opted for an upgrade to a club level floor and the front desk got me taken care of quickly and professionally. The lounge area is well appointed and the bartenders were knowledgeable and very friendly.

Only disappointment was the club room. It had a limited option for breakfast, and (hot oatmeal vs some type of eggs) and when I arrived for pre-dinner cocktails and snacks, it was pretty cleaned except for a few small pieces of cheese. Also was a little dirty and the wait staff stayed in the backroom during most of my visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors were quiet, and the elevator moves quickly.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DLSNC
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we always appreciate hearing our guests thoughts. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and the amenities and staff. We will ensure we follow up on your club comments. We hope to see you soon.
Grainne McClain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was surprised at how nice this hotel was, given it's in a (upscale) suburb of Atlanta. Lobby was very beautiful, the reception desk very friendly and accomodating, and the room was spacious and appropriately furnished. Everything was at a higher level than the typical business hotel.

One of the members of my traveling group had status at Hyatt, so we had access to this lounge on 24th floor. It had drinks and appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Very nice, and better than what I would normally expect from a hotel.

I visited the swimming pool which is outside on the 3rd floor. It was disappointing, just a rectangular pool that wasn't very deep. Usually Grand Hyatts and Resorts have unique designs (mostly to do with boulders) that make them interesting pools, but not this one.

The area the hotel is located (Buckhead) is crowded, noisy and very commercial. That the interior of the hotel and the rooms are very quiet and relaxing speaks well of the hotel, but it is in a crowded neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pedro666
Thank you for sharing your review. We are so glad we surprised you and that you enjoyed our hotel so much. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying on the 5th floor for a weekend trip to the city for some Back to School shopping. I must say that we are very disappointed with the quality of our stay. We are charged $22 to park Across the street in a run down parking garage. We had to carry our bags and luggage pretty far because there was not a single bellman in sight. The hotel is apparently under construction and there are some dust-covered makeshift signs leading the way to the front desk. Very confusing I must add. Also, it is currently 11pm and I had to make a call to the front desk about a housekeeper who is cleaning the room across the hall with the door propped open, yelling and cursing on the phone. I was not prepared to explain this foul language to my young daughter. We have the a/c turned down to 65 degrees and it is barely comfortable. Not sure what that is all about. My bedside lamp is not working and I am not sure what was going on above us, but it sounded like a dog breeder was setting up shop, loud barking and trampling. We have stayed in many other hotels in the area, many of which I will greatly refer to colleagues and friends. This hotel, however, is probably the worst one we've ever been to in Atlanta.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Charlinemccray
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay, we apologize that your experience was less than it should have been and want to assure you that this is not typical. We will be reaching out to you to follow up in person.
Grainne Mcclain
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel will truly exceed all of your expectations. The staff is very welcoming and pleasant. Service is superb and the rooms are wonderfully prepared and clean. Room service is available 24 hours a day. On-site there is a health club with an outdoor heated swimming pool, atm, gift shop, and many other amenities. Self-parking is near by and is not a hassle.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley B
Thank you for the great endorsement, we are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and all the wonderful amenities, we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Rudest front desk staff imaginable. Expect errors in your reservation and for the front desk to be highly unconcerned about such errors. Other personnel seemed nice. The food was so-so. The location is nice, if you're looking for the Buckhead vibe.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank River D
We are so sorry that you had an issue with check in, we truly take these things very seriously and will definitely follow up with our staff. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We will be reaching out to you directly.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As a Diamond member I used a confirmed suite upgrade on my recent 3 night business stay at the Grand Hyatt in Atlanta. In general the hotel was nice, but left me wanting something special.

Lets start with the Pros. The location is great! Perfect distance to get to downtown quickly, but also far enough away that you clearly aren't downtown. Traffic was only really an issue once and that was returning to the airport to leave the last day. The building itself is very beautiful, and you can tell the property is very cared for. The room, although outdated, was up to my expectation for a Hyatt suite. Per a request made to the hotel before the stay I was given of the the two upgrade suites that has a balcony (wonderful views of ATL skyline as well as stone mnt.)Due to an technical issue in our room the front desk comped me a movie :).

Now on to the Cons. There was renovation going on and that caused the elevator to the bottom floor that heads to the self park parking lot to have issues. The Grand club had what felt like very limited hours, but this was probably because I spent a weekend at the hotel which is when they have limited hours. Within the grand club the refrigerator with the drinks in it is broken and thus not keeping the drinks cold. This is especially disappointing considering that Atlanta was very very hot and humid during my stay. The real reason for 2 stars instead of 5 is the room cleanliness. I understand that this is room specific, but all things considered I would expect my bathroom to be clean which it clearly wasn't. There should not be hair in the sink and around the toilet. That is just not acceptable to me. It felt like a major disappointment right from the start and probably caused a negative view of the property the rest of the stay.

In overview if the bathroom had been clean I would have given a 4 or 5 as this really is a nice property in a perfect location for Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank tom w
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. As a valued Diamond guest we appreciate your insights and assure you action will be taken. We have no tolerance for any cleanliness issues and will be sure to follow up with housekeeping. We will also be reaching out to your directly. Thank you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We decided to drive down to Atlanta for a nights getaway and dinner out.
The employees at the Grand Hyatt were spectacular.
This is how a Hotel should be run.
Everything was clean and looked new.

Everyone, starting with the Valet and doorman, Check in, Managers met in the halls, room maid, maintenancemen,pool waiters etc….. were extremely nice and always greeted you with a smile
Andrew at the pool bar made the best banana daiquiris.
The breakfast in the morning was delicious ( omelets made to perfection) and Larry kept us in coffee and water along with fun conversation.
The water fall and Zen garden were also great relaxing spots.

I’m sure we will now being comparing all other Hotels stays to the Grand Hyatt
Thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GATRAVELERUSA
Thank you for the great review and comments and for sharing them. We love the banana daiquiri's too and are so glad you got to enjoy them in our great location. See you soon again.