“Great experience”

Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Loganville, Georgia
“Great experience”
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I had a great experience from the front desk to everyone I came encounter with. The room was clean along with the whole hotel was clean. The breakfast was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank amcamdsad
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 24 May 2011

We here at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake appreciate you taking the time to respond about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we lived up to every expectation you had and were able to provide a "perfect stay" for you. We hope to have you here again and soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This is a jewel in the Hampton crown. Excellent accomodations, clean and well kept. Great breakfast bar. The only problem we encountered there was that during our 2 night stay they were housing numerous volley ball baseball and other "youth groups". Now this is ok as we have kids BUT the chaperones were on one floor and the kids on another which is generally BAD planning. As singles in the midst of this we were on a floor with kids on either side and noise !!!!! Now IF I had been there on business I would have had a holy fit.. an I did tell the desk clerks WHY don't you put all the "adults" on one floor- area. and then house all the"kids" together. This would have been more helpful to the groups involved too.
In the middle of the night one of the chaperones had to be called from another floor to quell the din on OUR floor..
I would love to say we had a "wonderful" stay and it IS a wonderful place- if there are not major youth events going on in Atlanta.
I would suggest to the management ( and I already have ) that they consider seriously my suggestion about housing youth groups all in one place on one floor and have a designated "adult" or "business" floor.

Room Tip: No good rooms during a youth event.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank triptique
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Dear triptique,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We have been really fortunate this year to house some groups which may unfortunately be a bit bigger than what we can hold on a single floor. We appologize for the inconvenience the group members caused you during your stay and really appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for your very kind words, please allow us an opportunity to get it right if you're ever back in Atlanta.

Hope you have an excellent day!

DENVER
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Room AC was somewhat noisy. Refridgerator made a slight buzzing sound when left turned on. If you are a very light sleeper like me, consider turning them off. Location is excellent if you have a car and don't mind driving. Not sure where the closest marta station is. But I do know there wasn't one near by. Otherwise 2 major freeways + other side roads were about a 2 minute drive away. Loads of shopping and restaurants in the area + 2 very convinent grocery stores for anything you might want. Hotel works best as a base to take day trips into Atlanta itself or to areas north, East and South. Also ask if they have a wired internet access. Free WI FI was somewhat slow at times AND IS NOT SECURED. Be careful sharing personal data over it

Room Tip: Get something away from the elevators otherwise
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank driveswheelsoffcar
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Dear, driveswheelsoffcar,

We appreciate all the loveley things you had to say about our property. If it provides any assistance at all during your future stays with us, we have two MARTA stations within a 5.8 miles radius of the hotel with free daily parking <Doraville and Chamblee Tucker Stations>. Making it very affordable and easy to head to all the major attractions around Atlanta. We also have two bus stops on two routes in front of the Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This Hampton seemed to be okay to me. The beds were comfortable. The room seemed a little cramped. My husband hated that the fan for the air was loud when it came on (on low), which made him have to turn the TV up loud, and then the air would cut off again--over and over again. There was no way to take the fan off auto and just let it run constantly. Also, the room had a funny smell when we first came in, but nothing our Febreeze couldn't take care of. The breakfast was the standard Hampton breakfast--the hostess is very friendly, and we loved visiting with her.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SfromTulsa
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Dear SfromTulsa,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake. My name is Jonathan Denbow, the property's Front Office Manager, if you could please call me at the property at your convenience I would like to speak with you about the room you occupied so that I may have my maintenance staff take a look at the climate control unit to see about quieting the fan down a bit. I wouldn't want that to stay an issue for any future guests. Our breakfast hostess will be happy to hear your comments about her demeanor while you were here. Thank you again for visiting our hotel in Atlanta we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Everything was average at this place until two buses of high school kids pulled up and unloaded this afternoon. Now, I get to experience doors slamming, kids yelling, running down the hall, screaming at the pool, and on and on. This is like Animal House. On a Monday night. Are you kidding me? The least this place could do is warn business travelers that it's not only kid friendly, but kid-run when you make a reservation and shell out money.

This place is rated 8th in all of Atlanta?? By whom? Be warned!! Do not come here for quiet, relaxation or even business purposes.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mpspellman
Dear mpspellman,

As we are a business in search of a perfect nights rest for everyone that walks through the door, we concede there are bumps in the road once in a while. After the first night of obnoxious behavior hotel management spoke with the chaperones in an effort to quell the noise issues over night, after the second night we took a more active approach in handling overnight issues with this particular group.
A member of security was stationed to patrol the hallways every half hour and a member of hotel management was on the floors over night as well. The moment we heard anything from a room from that night forward; a phone call was made to that room requesting silence.
We cannot replace the restlessness of your night of stay with words, but we do hope you will allows us another chance in the future to provide that Hampton"esque" stay that you, and so many others have grown accustom to. Please accept our deepest apologies for the discomfort during your stay.

Regards,

Marblehead, Ma
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I arrived early and was prompty checked in,with -in the hour the front desk called to see if everything was fine. It was. I was traveling to visit relatives, my first time in Georgia and I loved it. I could easily move there. Everyone was so friendly. the breakfast was great, you con't have asked for a nicer place.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dtctully
Dear dtctully,

Thank you so much for chosing our hotel out of so many others to stay in while on your first visit to Atlanta. We hope there will be many more opportunities for you to visit again. Hope your visit with your family went well too. On top of everything else you took the time to write a review of our hotel and for that we thank you once again!

Hope to see you again soon,

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I had business near Emory University which was only about 10 minutes away.
I stayed here based on Tripadvisor reviews, even though there are Hampton Inns closer to my appointments. The positive reviews are all correct. Very clean, very friendly and helpful staff. This will now be my hotel for north Atlanta.
My business associate was equally pleased.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Clifflef
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Dear Clifflef,

My name is Jonathan Denbow, Front Office Manager here at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for such a glowing review! I'm delighted to hear you used TripAdvisor to influence where you would rest your head on your trip and also happy to hear we lived up to our past guests experiences, passing forward a pleasant stay for you and your business associate. Thank you again for taking the time out of the day to write your review, I look forward to seeing you again in the future!