“about what you'd expect (in a good way)”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 July 2011

clean, comfortable, free parking, free internet.

friendly staff. nothing fancy, but everything clean & in working order.

i'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank turravel
jdenbow, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear newyoika,

Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. It's great to hear what a success your stay was with us. We are glad you were able to enjoy our amenities during your stay and take pride that we offer them as a complimentary service for all of our guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I picked this hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, however, I can't say that my stay was a well as other reviewers. First the location is a little odd. I assumed because the hotel was near a mall, there would be a lot of dining options. The mall is just across the street but it seems the mall has been forgotten and only a few shops remain. We only found one familiar place to eat which was O'Charley's. When we got back to hotel after dinner we started hearing playful screaming from a child next door. We have children ourselves, and know how kids can be, but we also teach our children to be quiet and respectful in hotels. This child screamed for two hours( I could still hear him while I was in the shower) and it was getting late and needed to get my little ones in the bed. We called the front desk to ask if we could be moved to another room. The front desk staff was very friendly and offered us another room and said they would send up someone to help us move. However, the man that brought up the room key did not bring up a cart. He did not speak English very well and there was a little trouble getting him to understand that we needed a cart to move. We then saw that the new room was just down the hall from where we were. We did not wish to be just down the hall due to there was a family reunion in the hotel and because of the traffic going in and out of the room next door, we assumed they were part of the family reunion. My mother went down to the front desk where they moved us to the top floor. We continued our stay for two nights and for the most part it was quiet on the fifth floor, however, you could hear people having conversations. The front desk asked upon our checkout if our stay was enjoyable where we explained our "adventure." The manager was very apologetic and gave us a refund on our first night there. Although the staff was friendly and did everything they could, I won't be staying at this hotel again due to the location and construction of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MMahala

Dear MMahala,

I want to express my sincerest appologies for the experience you had during your stay. I also want to thank you for bringing to our attention the ease at which you heard other peoples conversations even in the room we moved you to. I will be discussing this experience with our Operations Manager and Maintenance Department head, to discuss possible solutions to the lack of sound proofing in the rooms. The front desk has a full restaurant guide for our area, which mainly supports local and small businesses, although there area few national chains such as Red Lobster and Twisted Taco. I am truly sorry to hear your decision to not stay at our hotel due, in part, to our location, was there something specific you came to town for? We certainly hope to speak to you again soon.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay, we hope we can some day have you here on another trip to Atlanta and get it right for you that time.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

The customer service was great. They provided us with a list of local restaurants and entertainment. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. The amenities was great.

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank candi197140

Dear Candi197140,

We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself so much at our property. Our staff here take great pride in their job and I find it wonderful to hear it translates into your experiences with them at our property. We look forward to the next time you're in town.

We'll see you then!

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Our stay at Hampton Inn Northlake began on 4/03/2011 thru 4/18/2011, we were in Atlanta for an alernitive heart surgery my husband had to have at Emory Hosp. I purposely picked this hotel for the great reviews & very safe & nice surroundings, lots of place's to eat & shop within a few blocks, enourmous amount of possiblities of things to do just a short drive from the hotel.
The staff was so kind to us starting with Carson who ran to catch up with me on the night we checked in to give me back my ink pen I left at the front desk, then Michael who was so friendly & over the top helpful with our needs being met since we encounterd many problems due to my husband recovery taking much longer & on the evening of his surgery
I fell at another location & broke my ankle & also had to have sugery, we were given a room change twice to accommidate for my being able to get around a room & the hotel better, a friend had flown in to help me & to get back & forth to Emory hosp. all the staff were extremly kind & caring to not only our needs but everyone we observed them enter act with.
Mairisell ( I hope that is right) goes above & beyond taking care of her duties with breakfast/ evening snacks that were basiclly a full meal it certainly kept us fed good since I could not get out that much, we actualy started referring to the hotel as home!
I knew from the web sight/reviews /pictures what to expect when we arrived our first night
we were not decieved in any way, the only thing I regret is taking so long to post a review!
Thank God there are still honest & kind people in this world, sorry I did not remember every ones name I should have wrote them down , thank you all for representing your HOTEL with AWESOME customer service , Earl/Phyllis Lawson

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank pklaw
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear pklaw,

It's guests like you that make our job that much easier. Thank you for taking the time to post such an elaborate review. I am really sorry to hear you broke your ankle and hope the recovery went smooth for you as well as your husband! Having a friend that is so close, they would travel out of state to assist the healing process is so heartwarming. I remember you all quite well and hope to see you again in the future, but perhaps on more leisurely circumstances.

Hope everyone is doing well.

The Entire Staff at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake!

Reviewed 19 May 2011

From my late night registration, helpful staff, and terrific breakfast, this stay was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Musiccity80
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Dear Musiccity80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It is great to hear everything went well during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future should your travels bring you back to Atlanta. Thank you again for your kind words, hope your travels are always safe and enjoyable no matter where they may take you.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2011

Stayed here after landing at Atlanta - short drive and easy to find - nice room and lovely breakfast. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AUTISMSMITH

Dear AUTISM SMITH,

Thank you for your response. It is our pleasure to provide a fun and friendly atmosphere for our leisure travelers who come and visit Atlanta. We hope, should you chose to visit Atlanta again, that you would chose our hotel to host you and your family. Hope the rest of your trip was a lot of fun as well! Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I spent 2 nights in the hotel. Both were great. The entire staff did everything they could to make my stay a great one. I had a business meeting planed for their meeting room. I worked out perfectly. Thanks Hampton Inn Northlake.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Georgeyiii

Dear Georgeyiii,

My name is Jonathan Denbow, I am the Front Office Manager here at the Hapton Inn Atlanta Northlake. I'm so glad you chose our hotel to host your meeting and even happier that we helped make it a success. On behalf of the entire staff I'd like to say Thank You. I hope you chose our location again if you happen to need another host for your meeting, or if you're in Atlanta for a leisure trip too! We really appreciate that you set time aside to write the review of your stay and business meeting. We love having you here!