“Excellent experience at Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #26 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville
“Excellent experience at Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at this particular Hampton Inn one weekend last month when I had to take a class at Mercer's Pharmacy School in Atlanta. I chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to the school and because of the positive reviews that I had read on the internet. I was pleased with the excellent service that we received, the very comfortable room, the quiet but convenient location in a safe neighborhood, and the very affordable price ($89 with AAA). The staff was courteous, friendly, and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, offered more variety than I've ever seen, and the breakfast workers were exceptional! When I had the opportunity to come back to Atlanta for this most recent trip (just for fun!), I didn't hesitate to stay here again. I can't say enough great things about this location and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family if they're staying in Atlanta. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
It sounds like you met Maricela, our breakfast hostess. She always starts my day right when I'm at the hotel. Thank you for your recommendation. PB, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I just finished a 5 night stay. Overall it was good, but not quite what I was expecting based on the positive reviews. Positives: the front staff was very, very good. From check in through check out, they were very pleasant and helpful. Also, the lobby and breakfast area is modern, clean, and nice to spend time in. The evening snacks and drinks were also a nice touch. Negatives: the building is unfortunately very run down. I thought the carpets in the hallway were depressingly dirty, many of the doors to the rooms show damage from someone trying to break in, and the walls, shower, ceiling in my room were just hammered. (I stayed here one night about a month ago, and that room was in a similar state, so it wasn't just this particular room.) Also, the staff needs to do a better job of cleaning the rooms...I found toenail clippings from a previous guest on the floor of my room. Gross.

Not a terrible stay - the bed was clean and comfortable - but I'll find a different hotel next time I'm in the Atlanta area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank orltraveler37
We completely renovated the lobby a few months ago and redid the ground floor hallways. I always liked the upper floor hallways, but the unexpected outcome of the renovations is that I now want to redo the upper floor hallways too. I'm working on it. PB, Owner
Orlando, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

After driving 8 hours it was a pleasure to finally relax at this Hampton Inn in. Hotel lobby was nice and staff extremely pleasant. Although room was rather small for two adults and two children it was great for one or two nights. Bed are extremely comfortable as well as bed linens and comforter (which is important to me) . The most convenient feature with children is the breakfast which consisted of eggs, breads, waffle maker, juices, pastry and coffee. It was very good and plentiful. My kids loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Ellen J
Next time you come, I hope you will try one of our suites. They are larger and you could sleep in the bedroom alcove and let the kids have the sofa bed. There are even televisions in each area. I don't know if you are in the Hilton Honors program, but we sometimes upgrade our Honors members to the suites. Best Regards, PB
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I travel to Atlanta from Savannah a couple of times a month and we stay ONLY at this hotel because of the friendly staff, beautiful accommodations, excellent breakfast (you need 2 waffle irons though lol), and just a feeling of home. The beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious. They always work with you on late check out (like today, we needed a 1:00 p.m. late check out and they accommodated but will give you up to 2:00 if necessary). I LOVE this place and their employees. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay....LOOK NO MORE.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We are delighted to be your home-away-from-home. Looking forward to your next visit. PB, Owner.
Atlanta, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Overall our stay was an utter failure. Check in was lengthy, the bed was DIRTY and the desk person was rude. When we arrived and went to the room, the bed looked made, but was smelly and dirty ,when we tried to take a nap. They did change it when called to their attention. At the front desk we stopped to confirm the AARP standard late check out which would be 3 pm per the website information. She said "I don't know anything about a late check out," we asked for a manager who was also rude saying that there is indeed a late AAA and AARP check out time based upon room availability I asked her why the staff is not trained with regard to late check outs and the possibilities including late check outs for AARP members. Then a difficult confrontation began between us and the desk clerk and the manager. During which the manager changed her statement saying only 1pm checkouts are available. After the problem at the front desk we checked out immediately when we had planned on another night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

5 Thank Mary B
It sounds like everything that could go wrong - did. I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I can only say that we work very hard to make sure that this doesn't happen and regret our errors this time. PB, Owner
Spartanburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Service was excellent including check in, cleanliness of hotel, room, etc. Breakfast was wonderful including omlets and make your own waffles. Even had natural fruit and fruit in its own junice. Location was great and short distance from a mall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Thales P
Waffles are a relatively new item for us, and we recently went to a new (and much better) fruit. Glad you found both to your liking. PB, Owner
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

This review will focus on some extraordinary actions taken by the hotel management and staff. They were instrumental in the recovery of stolen property while we were guests of the hotel. My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Hampton inn at Northlake, to attend our youngest grand child's christening. During our stay we had our two older g'kids stay with us for a night. Unfortunately our grandson's I phone was stolen from the gym where he had left it unattended for a few minutes.
The staff and management reviewed all the video from the security cameras, identified the person who entered the gym during the time in question, contacted the responsible adult supervising the minor thought to have taken the phone, requested the adult take action to return the stolen property and followed up with the adult supervisor..... all of which led to the return of the phone. We opted to not file a police report since the hotel staff conducted such a thorough investigation which led to the recovery and because the persons involved were minors.
Hotel staff are extraordinarily friendly and seem to take a personal interest in the guests well being.
Food for breakfast was good ... Morning staff always had a genuine smile.

Room Tip: Try to get the 5th floor... Away from the elevators