“Could not have been better.”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #26 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Clarkesville, United States
“Could not have been better.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was very impressed with my stay at the Hampton Inn. This was my first stay at an Hampton Inn. I will definitely stay at a Hampton Inn again. This particular one was clean, the room was very nice and I enjoyed the breakfast. There were several places to eat that were close.

1 Thank Patricia L
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
We are always delighted to introduce new customers to the Hampton Inn System. The brand has a terrific frequency program so you can accumulate points toward a free stay anywhere in the Hilton System when you stay in Hampton or Hilton-affiliated hotels. I hope you will become a Hampton Inn regular and become a Hilton Honors member. Best Regards, PB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Went there to attend a family wedding. The Inn was clean and secure. The breakfast was excellent. I would definitely go there again. I would recommend it. Located near the outskirts of Atlanta so I didn't have the traffic worries.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again when you are in Atlanta. PB
Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Staying in a Hampton Inn is wonderfully dependable. This was true for the Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake. The staff was very nice. My bed was comfortable, and the white linens were notably spotless.

I've rated this location a three for a few reasons:
* I arrived late in the evening and the parking lot was not well lit due to a major lamp being burned out.

* The room air conditioner did not blow consistent air when placed on the setting that normally would provide a continual air flow. It worked, but only when the temperature reading triggered the air to come on.

* In my bathroom there was some minor grout discoloration. It was clean; it just looked in need of a little refurbishment beyond what housekeeping could provide. Also, even with the magnet utilized, the shower curtain consistently slid down the bar. This caused the water to splash the floor, as well as on the toilet, which was very close to the front of the tub.

* I arrived in the breakfast area almost at closing time, but still within the service time. The milk and a few other items were nearly out. Employees were nearby and did not take charge. In fact, there seemed to be staff from many areas of the hotel serving themselves as the breakfast area closed. I honestly think it is fabulous that staff can enjoy the breakfast area, as why waste leftover food. I think all hotels should do this. However, just as at Disney, it might be more suitable for employees to focus on the guests while "on stage" and then enjoy their own breakfast in the behind the scenes area. This is what we do in my office.

All of this said, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your detailed review. It sounds as though I have some work to do. We will do our best to have these items well under control by the next time you visit. PB
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were traveling through Atlanta and decided to stay over a couple of nights to see Stone Mountain. Our stay at this Hampton Inn was a pleasure and was a good value for the money. The front desk staff was friendly and could not have been more helpful. The staff serving breakfast went out of their way to be helpful and kind. We highly recommend this Inn and will remember it on our next trip south.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments about our team. It means a lot to us. PB
Manchester
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A nice warm welcome from the lady on the front desk set the tone for a fuss-free overnighter.

Location was convenient for me, It's not in Atlanta itself, but it was on my route and easily found just off the freeway. Plenty of car parking.

Room had all the usual facilities and was a good size. I think was in one of the larger rooms with a separate living area to the bedroom. The only slight inconvenience was getting luggage up and down. There are free trolleys to help etc. and, to be fair, this is the same in many places..

Breakfast room was fine and there was enough room when I was there. Food choice the typical Hampton one.

Check out fuss-free and friendly.

I'd stay again when next passing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
You were indeed in one of our 8 suites. Glad you enjoyed the upgrade and hope you choose us again on your travels to and through Atlanta. PB
Alabaster, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel apparently was the stop for not one, but two college bus loads of athletes. Needless to say the staff could not keep up with the demands of food for such a large crowd on the busy weekend and the swarms of young men wanting the free food. The accomodations were very nice and well maintained - no complaints there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know exactly the morning you mentioned. We could not believe how much food went through the buffet. We wish our athletic young men well but truly regret that you did not find everything you wanted on the buffet. Please try us again - it was a very unusual circumstance. PB
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have stayed here numerous times as I have family outside of Atlanta. Tricia at front desk is a walking encyclopedia. Helped with any problems and directions. Bobbi & Maricela greet you
every morning with great food & big smile. No one is a stranger there as they all make you feel at home. Victor is there every day smiling and helping with any problem you have. I will return
as the rooms are always very clean. Booked at another Hampton not far from there. Left
immediately. Room was filthy.

Room Tip: not on 1st floor noisy