“Stay at Hamptoin Inn - Northlake - Atlanta”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #21 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel represents a good value with clean facilities and friendly staff. It is located in a quiet area, close to InterState Highways and good access to places to eat and shop. The fitness center and breakfast areas are clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelley S B
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are right across from Northlake Mall on Interstate 285 in northeast Atlanta. The hotel is just inside the perimeter so access around the City is good. We hope you will visit again. Best Regards, PB, Owner

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have nothing but praises for the staff at this Hampton location. There was a bit of delay during check-in: there was no one at the front desk, no other staff around, and no bell to ring. However, once the front desk staff came out the process was very quick. She was very friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean and just as we expected. They left sticky notes, which added a nice personal touch. The hotel itself was aesthetically pleasing. However, my only concern was the lack of breakfast options. My family tries to eat organic or at least all-natural foods as much as possible. Although we weren't expecting an organic breakfast, we still hoped for healthier options. The "pancake syrup" was mainly high fructose corn syrup -- not even maple. The egg omelets looked like they came out of a box and were reheated. Honestly, plain scrambled eggs would have been just fine, as long as they were made fresh that morning. My biggest disappointment were the fruits. The pineapple tasted like can. I shop for fresh fruits and cut my own pineapple every week, so I can definitely tell the difference. My family did not feel comfortable with the breakfast options, so we ate very little. I think this is one area that the hotel needs improvement on. I know the breakfast is free, but it is almost a standard now in many hotel chains. Staybridge Suites does an excellent job in this area. I am only pointing this out because it was the only let-down of the whole stay. The breakfast did not quite match the excellent quality of everything else about this Hampton location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm with you about healthy breakfasts. They make all the difference in how a day goes. We keep fresh whole fruit out for our guests all day long, which might be an alternative. I personally like the waffles because you can make your own hot and fresh. I have mine with jam or honey, which are available on the breakfast bar. We appreciate your business. Best Regards, PB

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stay here because the price is usually the best and the staff is outstanding. The guests are typically courteous as well. I have stayed here twice and have asked for a quiet room because I visit on business and the first time I was placed next to the elevator and the second time next to the elevator and ice machine. I hope my next stay is better. I was told the rooms were already given to others, so could I once have a quiet room? :) I actually changed one of my upcoming bookings to an Hilton Garden Inn due to the possibility.
Also, it's really dirty. The elevator is not pleasant inside, the carpets are dirty, my room smelled, the walls are dirty. So, it needs some tenderness and a paint job. Steam-clean the carpets, please!
The reception is a nice touch. Whoever checked me in is super-nice.
I feel safe at this location which is a super-plus when I travel alone so for that, it is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your repeat business. If you can, please call us at 770.493.1966 early the day you are arriving and let us block a room for you in the part of the hotel you prefer. Thank you for your other comments as well. We had a housekeeping meeting as a result and you can believe we had our steam cleaner going immediately. Best Regards,
PB, Owner

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel room is quite big. The staff is very friendly and they allowed me to check-in earlier without hesitation. The breakfast is pretty reasonable. Keep away form roons near the emergency stairs. A group of teenagers used this door and i had a bad time to sleep as they slammed the door late in the night.One con is the absence of a safe in the room, I´d definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep away form roons near the emergency stairs. A group of teenagers used this door and i had a bad...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

We have safes behind the front desk and would be more than happy to store your valuables for you. Please ask any time. Glad we could accommodate your early arrival. Best Regards, PB

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I really do not have much to say,, I chose this hotel because a friend of mine told me about it.. My room was ok, but the smell of my room was not all taht good.. Hope your stay is a bit better than mine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Don C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Another excellent stay at this particular Hampton Inn. Upon arrival, I asked about an early check in, around noon, so we could change for an event that we had later that afternoon. The check in person got us into a room very quickly, less than 30 minutes, when she originally thought it would be around 3 before any rooms would be ready. The room itself is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast options are abundant and delicious and the ladies who work it are always very helpful with any requests you have. The hotel staff is always very friendly and give excellent customer service. This hotel is an outstanding value for the money and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

It's particularly nice when we please a returning customer. We appreciate the opportunity to be your home away from home in Atlanta. Best Regards, PB, Owner

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Great Location. Pleasant staff. Good Accomodations. I ws there on bussiness but this would be a convemient location if you were travrlling on vacation. easy to get on and off the Interstate and centrally located in Tucker.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Delighted to have you with us and we hope to see you again soon. PB, Owner