“staff were so very nice”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
BENWOOD
“staff were so very nice”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff at the desk were so helpful and cheerful and friendly. We stayed for three days and were made to feel very welcome. Breakfast was decent and they had plenty of fruit and coffee which means alot to us. We arrived a day early and they were so cool about it! The roses out front were peach colored and smelled like real roses not like they had been Monsantoized. That was a nice treat. The recent Cuban arrival in the USA who worked out side, saw us struggeling with getting our trolly in the vehicle and was there in a jiffy to help. That was service and we appreciated it.

Room Tip: closest to the front desk is always best so you do not have to walk your coffee far and worry about...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
That rose has had a particularly good year. I love seeing it out there too. Thanks for your business and we hope to see you again soon. PB, Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Warrenville, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here in May. We were looking for a hotel close to Georgia Tech but not in the city. This was perfect. We arrvied on Saturday and with pulling my kids from HS to go on college visit meant they still had HW to do. My son is a track runner so he still had to get his running in. The front desk lady directed us to a park for him to run and us to have a nice walk. We felt safe to leave my daughter (17) behind to tan by the pool. The same clerk (Isabella) then recommended some great restuarants. Must try "fork in the road". Next day was rainy and my kids worked on homework. We needed more PCs and the office space at hotel was great. Private room that has a door, 2 PCs, printer and large table. That night my son did not have time to go out to eat so I asked same lady if we can bring food in and use the lobby (where they have breakfast) and she said "sure". She recommended anohter great resturarnt. Isabella made our stay great aways smiling and willing to talk/help. Helped with more questions too. The breakfast was great. They kept refilling quickly to keep up wiht the crowd. The eating area is somewhat small so that can be a challenge but doable. I have allergies and when I asked about some of the pastries the person I asked quickly got the correct person to answer my questions. The only issue we had was toilet was plugged when we arrived but we called and they sent guy up to fix - so all was good. Right off expressway like a block so no noise from there. They have a workout room that my son used on Monday morning (since it was still raiing) and he loved that a large TV was in front of treadmills and it was 24hr.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I went to Georgia Tech too. Great school and congratulations on having a your son attend. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit. Best Regards, PB, Owner.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family has been staying at the Hampton Inn Northlake every few months for the past 3 years while my wife works on a Doctoral degree. While she is off to class my son and I hang out.

The front desk staff is always excellent! They usually remember us and ask about how her studies are going.

Rooms are clean and well kept. Over the years we have seen them do regular maintenance projects like replace carpet and wallpaper and renovate the lobby, so things always look new.
The pool is kept clean and never too crowded.

The breakfast is typical to all Hamptons but the staffers are very nice, The Wi-Fi works well, too.

We always feel safe here. It s in a good neighborhood/office area. There are many restaurants nearby and Northlake Mall has some unique shops. My son especially likes the stamp and coin shop.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gandersonsc
Thank you for your review, and for your repeat business. One of the best parts about our business is getting to know and recognize our repeat guests. We look forward to seeing you again. Best Regards, PB, Owner.
Thomasville, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel represents a good value with clean facilities and friendly staff. It is located in a quiet area, close to InterState Highways and good access to places to eat and shop. The fitness center and breakfast areas are clean and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Shelley S B
Thank you for your comments. We are right across from Northlake Mall on Interstate 285 in northeast Atlanta. The hotel is just inside the perimeter so access around the City is good. We hope you will visit again. Best Regards, PB, Owner
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have nothing but praises for the staff at this Hampton location. There was a bit of delay during check-in: there was no one at the front desk, no other staff around, and no bell to ring. However, once the front desk staff came out the process was very quick. She was very friendly and courteous. Rooms were clean and just as we expected. They left sticky notes, which added a nice personal touch. The hotel itself was aesthetically pleasing. However, my only concern was the lack of breakfast options. My family tries to eat organic or at least all-natural foods as much as possible. Although we weren't expecting an organic breakfast, we still hoped for healthier options. The "pancake syrup" was mainly high fructose corn syrup -- not even maple. The egg omelets looked like they came out of a box and were reheated. Honestly, plain scrambled eggs would have been just fine, as long as they were made fresh that morning. My biggest disappointment were the fruits. The pineapple tasted like can. I shop for fresh fruits and cut my own pineapple every week, so I can definitely tell the difference. My family did not feel comfortable with the breakfast options, so we ate very little. I think this is one area that the hotel needs improvement on. I know the breakfast is free, but it is almost a standard now in many hotel chains. Staybridge Suites does an excellent job in this area. I am only pointing this out because it was the only let-down of the whole stay. The breakfast did not quite match the excellent quality of everything else about this Hampton location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm with you about healthy breakfasts. They make all the difference in how a day goes. We keep fresh whole fruit out for our guests all day long, which might be an alternative. I personally like the waffles because you can make your own hot and fresh. I have mine with jam or honey, which are available on the breakfast bar. We appreciate your business. Best Regards, PB
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stay here because the price is usually the best and the staff is outstanding. The guests are typically courteous as well. I have stayed here twice and have asked for a quiet room because I visit on business and the first time I was placed next to the elevator and the second time next to the elevator and ice machine. I hope my next stay is better. I was told the rooms were already given to others, so could I once have a quiet room? :) I actually changed one of my upcoming bookings to an Hilton Garden Inn due to the possibility.
Also, it's really dirty. The elevator is not pleasant inside, the carpets are dirty, my room smelled, the walls are dirty. So, it needs some tenderness and a paint job. Steam-clean the carpets, please!
The reception is a nice touch. Whoever checked me in is super-nice.
I feel safe at this location which is a super-plus when I travel alone so for that, it is worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your repeat business. If you can, please call us at 770.493.1966 early the day you are arriving and let us block a room for you in the part of the hotel you prefer. Thank you for your other comments as well. We had a housekeeping meeting as a result and you can believe we had our steam cleaner going immediately. Best Regards,
PB, Owner
Recife, PE
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel room is quite big. The staff is very friendly and they allowed me to check-in earlier without hesitation. The breakfast is pretty reasonable. Keep away form roons near the emergency stairs. A group of teenagers used this door and i had a bad time to sleep as they slammed the door late in the night.One con is the absence of a safe in the room, I´d definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Keep away form roons near the emergency stairs. A group of teenagers used this door and i had a bad...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
We have safes behind the front desk and would be more than happy to store your valuables for you. Please ask any time. Glad we could accommodate your early arrival. Best Regards, PB