“Hampton Inn Northlake, Atlanta, GA”

Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
“Hampton Inn Northlake, Atlanta, GA”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This Hampton Inn misses the boat with customer service by the manager and evening clerk. The facility lives up to the Hilton Brand, except the Suite no longer has a coffee table to make the living area comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We had the biggest discussion about those coffee tables - whether they were more useful or more in the way. We opted for more space for the sofa bed and for walking around. But, we will take your feedback into consideration next time we plan suite furnishings. Thanks for letting me know. PB, Owner.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Check in was very smooth. Rooms were good sized and beds comfortable. There was a continental breakfast. There are some restaurants within driving distance. The staff was very kind and accommodating to us.

Stayed August 2014
One of the nice things about our Northlake neighborhood is that we have a good mix of local and chain restaurants. Bambinellis is one of my favorites. PB, Owner.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is nearly perfect ! I stayed here for one night while traveling on business. Though budget-friendly, it's almost luxurious in the lobby area. Very clean, a small snack store where you can pick up items you may have forgotten to pack, & foods & drinks. Just a warning though--the beer is very overpriced. Haha.

Nonetheless, the staff was okay. Not very welcoming, but they were cordial (which is better than being rude). In fact, the staff was one of the only reasons why I rated this hotel 4 / 5.

Our room was okay ! Though, it could have been cleaned better. The beds, towels, etc. were clean, but I did the dust test (cliche, yes) & there was a ton on top of the room mirror. Also, there were stray hairs in the shower, which was kinda gross. Otherwise, there were no odd spots, stains, etc. Another complaint I had about the room was the shower knob was stuck. I had to get my dad to get it unstuck, & even after that it was difficult to turn.

I loved the amenities. I used the fitness facility, which was fabulous & equipped well. There are free fridges in the rooms, which is a huge plus considering that you usually have to pay extra for such luxury. The bed was super comfortable, but the pillows could have been better. I definitely took advantage of the free breakfast (amazing, which such an array of choices! & I forget her name, but the woman in charge of breakfast was so friendly). The TV was awesome--a large HDTV with HDMI input. Also, the room had LOTS of plugs--helpful for people like me who carry all their electronic devices around. There were even USB port plugs! I loved that.

Overall, I would definitely recommend. Though the staff could improve on their friendliness (desk staff), & cleaning should be very thorough, this is a hotel you don't want to miss staying in at least once. Oh, & my dad wanted to mention that there were no Bibles in the room. lol. So maybe consider sneaking them in for guests like my dad?

Room Tip: Not sure where the best area of the hotel is, but on my floor it was quite noisy at times from guest...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank herbravado
I hope you will join us on a weeknight next time. We have a complimentary reception with beer in the lobby after work. PB, Owner
Northlake, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel needs lots of TLC. Broken door, stains on ceiling, flat tire on luggage cart, outdated furnishings. These are all very obvious issues which are just being ignored. Out of character for Hampton for sure.

1 Thank Randy C
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Check-in and Check-out were very fast. All hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It was nice having the complimentary breakfast in the mornings. Along with excellent choices. Rooms were spacious and clean. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Norao
SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your business. I'm glad you enjoyed your hotel. Come back soon. PB, Owner.
California
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn twice, 3 years apart. The hotel is very reasonably priced, probably due to its location. However, with easy access to highways, we find the location convenient and easy to navigate. Rooms are clean, staff efficient, parking plentiful. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank HillsCA
We are glad you chose to come back. Thank you. PB, Owner
markham, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

great place to stay I would take my family and I would recom. someone else the food was good is was very clean service was great location was important the room location was important because my mom was disabile

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SandraMonsalve, Owner at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Hope to see you again soon, with your family. We have suites and connecting rooms if you need a little extra space. PB, Owner.