“Absoultely Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Springville, Alabama
“Absoultely Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Stayed here for Sat. and Sunday night. Close to Stone Mountain Park. We reserved a king room since they didn't have a twin room available. after about 20 minutes Michael from the front desk called and said that they had a cancellation if we wanted to move. Which we did. They even offered to move our things for us which we did because we onlt had 2 small bags. I love this place. My kids loved the pool. The staff was wonderful and so was the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hughesmom
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 7 June 2010
Hello Hughesmom, my name is Jonathan Denbow I am the Front Office Manager here at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake. I wanted to thank you personally for bringing to light what Michael was able to accomplish for you during your stay and I will be sure to pass your recognition to him. There are warm days like today where I am envious that I will not be able to enjoy the pool as your children did. We are happy you enjoy your stays here with us and hope there are many more to come!

Your Friends at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2010

We were relocating. The staff was friendly and very helpful. My son loved the pool and the room. I loved the free breakfast, fitness center, and high speed internet. Our room as well as the rest of the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank connimary
Thank you connimary, for taking the time out of your busy day to fill out this response. We are so glad you and your son had such a wonderful stay. I will pass along to the staff your comments about how clean everything is in our hotel. The staff here really prides themselves on the work they do and really do enjoy the recognition they receive from happy guests like yourself. Hope you enjoy the new area to which you relocated and hope you get to visit again sometime soon!

Your Friends at the Hampton Inn Atlanta Northlake
Minnesota
Reviewed 13 April 2010

After my previous bad experiences at the Doubletree up the road, I decided to give this hotel a try. Let me just start with how great the hotel staff is – outstanding! So friendly and welcoming, they seem to really want to help and make sure your stay is perfect.
I wanted to love this hotel - particularly since I’m in this area of Atlanta every month. The other reviews were just so positive. Unfortunately, I think the room falls short of making this a great hotel to stay at. I stayed in one of the king bed suites, which had a separate living room area. Not really worth the extra money, as just an extra TV (fixed and mounted to the wall) and a small couch and two chairs were in the living room. The couch was small and uncomfortable, and had seen better days. There was a small fridge and microwave, also. But all the furniture in the living room area was small and dated. Why have a suite room with tiny living room furniture? The bedroom portion of the room was great – super comfortable bed, 32 inch LCD TV. No problems here, hence the reason I would just book a standard king bed room.
The bathroom was fine, a little small, but nicely decorated. Although the sink faucet in my room ran slow and lacked hot water.
The room air conditioners, which are wall units, were loud but did an effective job keeping the room cool. The area around the hotel was quiet and I had no problems getting a good night’s sleep – other than when the ACs kicked in.
The breakfast was sad – cold, dry sausages and cold flavorless scrambled eggs. Since it was free, I wasn’t expecting much. The muffins and danishes looked really good.
Overall, not a bad experience, but not perfect. Hotel Staff = A++++, Hotel = B, Room = C.
While looking for this hotel, I stumbled across a recently renovated Holiday Inn in the same area. The review for this hotel looks even better – I think I’ll give it a try during my next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank 1hotelexpert
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 19 April 2010
Dear 1hotelexpert,

My name is Jonathan and I am the Front Office Manager here, I wanted to thank you so much for the time you spent responding about your recent stay with us.
The staff is elated to hear that you recognized them for their efforts in making sure your stay was beyond your expectations. The hotel underwent a complete rennovation in late 2007 and was completed in mid 2008. In that rennovation we took an extra effort to "Go Green", including low flow toilets and sinks. I will take your concerns of uncomfortable sitting area furniture to our General Manager and Operations Manager. I am sorry the hotel breakfast didn't live up to your expectations, allow us to make amends by having you stay with us again the next time you are in town so we might spoil you with our 42 new television channel selections!
allahabad
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Without giveing a second thought, you can choose this hotel.
Nice surroundling & a beautiful place to stay for a long time without any worries.
Very close to northlake mall, JC Penny & Macy's.
Nice Breakfast & friendly staff.
Overall, a nice place to stay long.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimmy002
jdenbow, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Atlanta - Northlake, responded to this review, 7 April 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and our staff; and taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear you liked our location and had time to visit at Northlake Mall! We enjoyed having you!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Just back from a weekend getaway by myself to Atlanta. This Hampton Inn was really pleasant!

The hotel is in a great location; it's right behind Northlake Mall, almost literally right at the top of the Northlake Parkway exit off of I-285.

Check in was the most hassle free I think I've ever encountered; I was early, which was no problem, and my key was ready; it took less than 50 seconds. The desk clerk was very nice--as were the other desk clerks I encountered in the evening and this morning.

The hotel has obviously been fairly recently renovated; all the furnishings and finishes are in very good order. The room was immaculate. Perfect Hampton Cloud Nine king bed in my room, and a nice lounge chair next to it. New 32" LCD tv with a pretty good selection of channels. Much to my surprise for a hotel of this class in an urban location (usually only I only find them in resort locations...anyone else?), there was a microwave and fridge in the room. I didn't need them, but it's nice to know they're there. The bathroom has a nice new granite countertop, and the tub is a nice big iron one.

Breakfast this morning was very good; the breakfast person was extremely friendly and gracious, and it was all very pleasantly arranged. The pastries were good, and there was link sausage and southwestern-style scrambled eggs.

The only complaint I have is a very small one--the Internet was a little on the slow side. No big deal for me, but if you're doing a lot of business, you might want to keep this in mind.

I will definitely keep this little gem in mind for future quick trips to Atlanta when I'm not in a position to splurge. Very good value and a very comfortable place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank Todd A
Colorado
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Hotel staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to assist me. My room was very clean and comfortable. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexBoulderState
Kentucky
Reviewed 13 December 2009

Stayed for two nights while young adult daughter visited Mercer University. Arrived very late in the night/early morning. Young man at the desk was friendly and helpful. Bed was soft and comfortable.

The heating unit was a bit noisy, but okay to deal with. The room as tastefully decorated, and very clean. The amenities were great, the towels very ample. The shower was great, but the facing piece that connects it to the tile wall was falling off. And just a tiny bit of mildew starting on the tile.

Breakfast was well done. It seemed to be well attended to by the staff. Nice selection of food and drinks. I am a tea drinker, and the second day the tea had a strong 'coffee' taste. I think that hotels need to make sure the hot water and coffee urns/dispensers are not interchanged.

There was a note with two lollipops left on our pillow the second day (!). Not sure what that was about. But a nice touch, although I would rather after the room is cleaned that no one comes in again; if that is indeed what happened.

Location was great for Mercer and some shopping. The traffic in Atlanta, even in Northlake, is atrocious. So plan your day/trips according.

Will stay here again if our daughter makes the choice for Mercer.

Stayed December 2009