“Great stay at The Highland Inn”
Review of The Highland Inn

The Highland Inn
Ranked #98 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Savannah, Georgia
“Great stay at The Highland Inn”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I loved everything about my 3-night stay at the Highland Inn. My room and linens were spotless, and the housekeeper did my room every day. The inn is in a safe location which is in downtown Atlanta and is conveniently located to so many things. There are many, many restaurants within walking distance. There is no charge for parking, and a free serve-yourself breakfast of cereal, English muffins, pastries, coffee, milk, and juice is provided. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows were clean and comfortable, and my room was quiet (no noisy guests near me). I want a hotel room to be clean, safe, convenient, and economical. The Highland Inn certainly met my expectations, and I'll definitely stay there on future trips to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quiet and are actually only one flight up from the main entrance.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Peaches31410

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2012

For a low-budget hotel this is very classy, especially at $45/night through hotels.com. I stayed there five nights for a conference and parked downtown for $5 - $8 per day. There is also convenient public transportation. The staff is the friendliest and most natural I have ever met.
The bed was a little soft and there was no bureau for clothes, but I would return every time rather than pay 2 - 3 times as much. The neighborhood is truly funky and laid back, Cafe 640 next door has wonderful cuisine, and there is a good coffee shop one block north. You can afford to pay for good coffee at these rates.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon F
Wetumpka
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed. We can afford the rates and really like the location and character of the building. We left our macbook charger and they made sure we got it back! I can't think of very many hotels that would go out of their way to return something a guest left behind. They went out of their way to help us and I am so grateful! We love this place!

1 Thank Kristen B
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Unless you're really trying to stay downtown, you should definitely crash here. Great neighborhood, a walk or short drive from so many cool restaurants and bars and shops, etc. The staff went out of their way to be friendly, the room was clean, everything worked. It is an older building, so it doesn't have the artificial opulence (or what passes for opulence) of the corporate chain. But it does have a genuine charm, and great prices. I'll stay here again at some point. Also, they've closed the bar space downstairs, so those other reviews regarding the noise are now irrelevant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ezilla5
Hoover
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I'm the 1st to admit I booked this hotel only because it was $45/night through Expedia and close to our destinations in Atlanta which was nice. Let me point out that at that price... The experience must've have really been lacking for me to come home and create an account to post a review.

When 1st entering the room there were noticeable cobwebs in virtually every corner of the room and the tv screen itself was incredibly dusty. The bed and linens were very old and dingy... And for the most part very uncomfortable. There were cracks on the walls, stains on the chairs and carpet, and the table looked like it had seen better days as well. The tv remote had batteries that were dead as well.

We had problems with the wifi and of course there was no phone in the room so we contacted the front desk on our cell phone. We were given either an incorrect wifi password from the girl at the front desk(who was at least friendly) or the network itself was just down. We gave up hope and called it a night.

We did not eat the continental breakfast so I have no review there.

In hindsight I wish that I would have paid extra money and gotten something newer and more comfortable... I would even consider compromising on a less near location for a better experience.

To wrap up, I'm sure you could do worse... But I couldn't and wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend. I will stay elsewhere on my next trip to Atlanta.

2 Thank Todd K
Montreal
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Been to the Highland Inn for 4 nights in March. Recommended by my sister-in-law that lives a short walk away. Great for low budgets, everything is more than ok and the staff is really helpful and friendly (thats worth a lot). They even offer breakfast (bite to eat before walking around), nothing fancy but its free! Will go back.

Room Tip: ask for room NOT on parking area.
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was nice a nice stay. I really liked the room, although it could have used some fluffier pillows and it would be nice to give parking decals, so companies won't get confused and put a boot on my car. Yes... that happened. But the lady at the front desk was so sweet and kind and called the company and helped as much as she could.

Would stay here again, but would bring some extra pillows.