US$214
US$209
  • Pool
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center(Atlanta)
US$236
US$118
US$385
US$361
  • Room Service
All reviewsblack catfive pointsvariety playhousecarter centerjimmy cartercontinental breakfasthotel catreal keywindow unitvirginia highlandsponce city marketquaint hotelwithin walking distancerooms are smallhot watershort drivebed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay traveling with family. The hotel is old and charming as long as you don't mind narrow stairs, quirky rooms with step up bathroom. Rooms were furnished as expected and clean except for the overhead ceiling fixture in rm 357 had dead bugs. Neighborhood was a very pleasant surprise and found excellent dining and coffee shops within walking distance. Centrally located to downtown and other attractions. Great value for Atlanta.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara C
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and use it to help in the areas that need improving. Our neighborhood is wonderful and we are glad that you agree. Thank you for also recognizing the character and charm of our building, we like to think it sets us apart.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Words I would use to describe this place. Creepy, run down, smelly, and the only upside was the location to some restaurants and bars. The shower was tiny and the water temperature was impossible to get that "just right" temperature. It was either freezing or scolding hot. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinychicxoxo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take all feedback into consideration when making improvements to our hotel and we are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. I will address your concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping staff in hopes that this will not be an issue for future guests.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is not a fancy joint, but for $79 we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, and there's breakfast in the morning. I loved that we stayed in a neighborhood where we could easily walk around and explore. Downside is that walls are thin. We could hear neighbors television all evening. Also breakfast room is very small. The hotel seems to have a lot of units, but the breakfast room can only comfortable accommodate 6 people at a time. I also liked the art on the walls.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and use it to help in the areas that need improving. Our neighborhood is wonderful and we are glad that you agree. Please come back to stay with us again the next time you are in Atlanta!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The Highland Inn is definitely not for everyone but what it does offer it offers well. This is definitely an older, private facility not affiliated with any chain and is in an area that lacks many choices in accommodations to start. With nearly every other hotel in a 5 mile radius boasting rates in excess of $150, I latched onto a 2 Double Bed everyday rate of $73......and snagged it.

With two stories and no elevator, it's (again) not for everyone. It gave me the feel of being in a very old 1930's movie.....the paint, the pictures on the wall, the furniture.....it all looks charming and quaint but also has that 'this is what I saw in my grandmother's house when I was growing up' feel to it.

Free wifi, clean accommodations, flat-screen TV, and an 'in the window' heater..... which was definitely in order this particular evening. Worked like a charm and MUCH better than the one in a room I stayed while in a 'quaint' hotel in NYC that was 4x as expensive.

Don't go expecting this to be the be-all, end-all. Go because you want a good, comfortable, no-nonsense place to stay in this particular area INEXPENSIVELY and you'll be fine. And room keys? They're actual KEYS! When was the last time THAT happened!

Room Tip: Parking on the right side is tight but easy enough. And there's a lounge downstairs that had an open-mike night while I was there. In my room I heard nothing at all..........which is how I liked it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an extensive and wonderful review of the hotel. We love that you appreciate our uniqueness and that you were able to experience our neighborhood. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I usually stay at larger hotels with high thread count sheets and adjustable shower heads. I wanted to save some money as this was a stopover on my way to Florida . The location is perfect for the overnight traveler or the tourist: right off of I-75 and close to downtown. There are many restaurants and bars located within walking distance which helps if you are drinking. The hotel itself is older and full of character: you'll find exposed pipes and chipped tile. Don't let this dissuade you! Rooms are clean, linens are fresh, and the staff is friendly. There is a window a/c unit which I put on "fan" to drown out street noise. Many reviewers have mentioned the showers and my experience was no exception. Water pressure is lower and you may need to work with the hot water but, again, this is an older building and the system will be taxed if several people are using their shower at the same time. There is a continental breakfast set up with the usual fare which is perfect for grabbing something for the road. Hotels.com has rooms for 55/night making this a fantastic deal. I'll be staying here again if I ever find myself in Atlanta!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Aseedis
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

First, thank you for taking the time to share your review here on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here despite the quirks that sometimes come from being in an older building. Thank you for also mentioning the hard work of our housekeeping staff and our wonderful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Atlanta!

Best,