“Cool hotel”

Ranked #96 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Seattle, Washington
“Cool hotel”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The bed was super comfy. I loved staying in an older hotel, it was relaxed and charming. I got a great price on Orbitz, so it was a real steal. I went to the Cafe 640 next door and had a nice dinner. I walked to the hotel from Emory one morning and it didn't take too long, but there's also a bus. One thing that they could add to the room is a fan in the bathroom.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank SarahCat2014
HighlandInn, Manager at The Highland Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers. We really appreciate all of your kind words and will share them with our team!

Most of our bathrooms do have bathroom fans but I will speak to maintenance about installing one in all of the bathrooms. Suggestions from our guests have helped us to improve guest experience and we always welcome and appreciate them. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the inn in the near future!

The Highland Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at The Highland Inn for 4 nights with my 7 1/2 month daughter. The staff were extremely accommodating, the room was well maintained and very clean, and you just can't beat the location! Always parking available when my friends came to visit!

The only thing was there was no hot water in the shower, so I needed to take 90 second showers...not necessarily a bad thing environmentally speaking:) also, one night I could hear music coming from the next door restaurant, but was only for an hour, and when I confronted the hotel staff about this, they were extremely accommodating in offering me a different room, not near the restaurant. I chose to stay in my originally assigned room, and didn't have a problem any other night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christine s
Thank you for your 4-star review and for mentioning our wonderful front desk and housekeeping staff! I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with the hot water and for the noise from our neighboring restaurant. I assure you that I will share your comments with our team so we can learn from this feedback. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will return again soon!

CA
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great spot in a cool neighborhood within walking distance of everything. Bummer that their ballroom closed. I was able to look inside and it looks like a great party spot. Rooms are a bit funky, but everything is clean. Great price. Enjoy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tomnsara1
It's so wonderful to hear what a great time you had at the Highland Inn and surrounding area. We would love to have you back anytime! Thank you so much for your review, I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the team.

Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently traveled to Atlanta, Georgia for the first time and stayed at this hotel from March 11 through the 15. I selected this hotel (through Orbitz) as a recommendation from Southwest Airlines when I made my flight reservation. It was only available for the 12th-15th but I booked it anyway at a rate of $58. After trying to book the additional day at another hotel, I ended up calling The Highland Inn and paid a slightly higher rate ($60 plus taxes) for that additional first day, but I didn't mind. Upon arrival I had no trouble checking in and was upgraded to a slightly larger room. The desk clerks keep to themselves but helpful when need be. The hotel is in a fantastic area (The Highland Area) with great restaurants, coffee houses, and a theatre that shows foreign movies (and a live version of Rocky Horror every Friday!). I found the room to be clean and made up everyday when I returned. Public transportation was easily accessible down at the corner. The continental breakfast was sufficient (coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, muffins, fruit and water) just get up in time or it may be gone. Please remember that this is not the Marriott! It is an older hotel with a lot of charm (and exposed pipes and creaking floors). But this is what I like about traveling! The restaurant next door (Café 640) is also not what you envision from the outside. Please go in and enjoy a delicious meal. All in all, The Highland Inn is a great place to stay and makes an excellent first impression of Atlanta!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, room 7. I heard from others that stayed on upper floors that they could...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephen S
Thank you for your kind remarks, which I will be sure to share with our staff. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in Atlanta!

Tampa
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay traveling with family. The hotel is old and charming as long as you don't mind narrow stairs, quirky rooms with step up bathroom. Rooms were furnished as expected and clean except for the overhead ceiling fixture in rm 357 had dead bugs. Neighborhood was a very pleasant surprise and found excellent dining and coffee shops within walking distance. Centrally located to downtown and other attractions. Great value for Atlanta.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Barbara C
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and use it to help in the areas that need improving. Our neighborhood is wonderful and we are glad that you agree. Thank you for also recognizing the character and charm of our building, we like to think it sets us apart.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Words I would use to describe this place. Creepy, run down, smelly, and the only upside was the location to some restaurants and bars. The shower was tiny and the water temperature was impossible to get that "just right" temperature. It was either freezing or scolding hot. I would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tinychicxoxo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take all feedback into consideration when making improvements to our hotel and we are sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. I will address your concerns with our maintenance and housekeeping staff in hopes that this will not be an issue for future guests.

Cambridge
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is not a fancy joint, but for $79 we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, and there's breakfast in the morning. I loved that we stayed in a neighborhood where we could easily walk around and explore. Downside is that walls are thin. We could hear neighbors television all evening. Also breakfast room is very small. The hotel seems to have a lot of units, but the breakfast room can only comfortable accommodate 6 people at a time. I also liked the art on the walls.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and use it to help in the areas that need improving. Our neighborhood is wonderful and we are glad that you agree. Please come back to stay with us again the next time you are in Atlanta!