“This hotel has a lot going for it.”

Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This hotel is certainly an upscale Holiday Inn. With a few exceptions, my stay here was great. The hotel shuttle arrived promptly at the airport (note: use Zone 2 for waiting for the shuttle. This is not signed. You will board the same shuttle as the Renaissance). The driver was friendly and efficient. Check-in was fast and friendly. As a Priority Club Gold member, I received a small bottle of Dasani water and 100 Calorie Lorna Doone crackers in a bag as a welcome amenity at check-in -- a nice gesture.

It was clear to me that this hotel was recently -- or perhaps still was -- being renovated. I was disappointed to find out that my room was on the ground floor. My Priority Club profile indicates that I prefer rooms on higher floors, and my Gold status almost always ensures that request is met. While others have reported quiet rooms, I experienced the opposite. The noise from arriving and departing jets was loud. It sounded as if they were working on the room next to me, and I was not able to fall asleep until construction noise stopped at about 7PM. During the morning and evening, noise in the hallways pored into my room. The room itself was nothing special, though clearly recently remodeled and clean. The bathroom was clean and bright. One note: why no conditioner? This is the second time I have recently experienced this at Holiday Inns and it is a much missed amenity. The shower had good water pressure and decent temperature.

Room service was prompt, very affordable and delicious: a big thumbs up here.

Bed was comfortable. And, as others have reported, perhaps the best thing about this hotel is the FREE and FAST wi-fi.

The shuttle back to the airport arrived on-schedule and was quick.

I feel I received a great value for this stay and would consider returning to this property if in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Fzedlach,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Hotel is located near the Atlanta Airport, which is very convenient for business travel.

Pros:
-Very clean hotel. The place is brand new and still has that new hotel smell to it. Sheets, pillows, bathrooms, etc. All was spotless.
-Free WiFi. Not sure if this is a room to room inclusion but the WiFi was really fast in my room and worked consistently
-This is their "flagship" hotel and is meant to give customers an idea of where the Holiday Inn brand is headed.
-Very nice staff. Kitchen and dining area staff are awesome
-Good breakfast. ($9 for continental; $15 for full breakfast)
-Feels very safe (inside hotel and parking lot perimeter). Being from California, safety was always one of those things that kind of hung around in the back of my mind. You need to have a key card with a valid floor room number to activate elevators (a keycard to a First floor room doesnt get you beyond the first floor).
-Bar and dining area looked REALLY modern.

Cons:
-Parking is $12. I really think that if I am going to pay $100 for a night stay, parking should not be this expensive. You use room key to get in and out of the parking lot. When you first arrive, grab one of the tickets from the machine, park, THEN tell attendant at the front to validate your card for the parking lot.
-Food around the hotel is sparse. KFC and a pooly Yelp-rated Waffle House leave you debating between the cash-only BBQ place (GO HERE!) and the small italian place. Walking to these places at night is not the best idea, trust me.
-Breakfast pricing was a little steep. Continental breakfast for $9...I will hit KFC next time.

Room Tip: Drive somewhere to eat or bring your own breakfast. Ask for alternatives to paying $12 for parking.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexander L
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a new modern hotel near the airport - opened 9/2012. Great staff - friendly and helpful. Shuttle starts at 4am and runs every 20 min. I've tried several ATL Airport hotels for early departures and this is the best one. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Wonderful accommodating staff, extremely pleasant and helpful & Great food!!! I liked the view on the 4th floor of the Aiport. At night you can see the sky and the planes take off on the near by run way. I had the Suite and it is actually a nice room because there are 2 TVs in the suite. So I could what me favorite show (Criminal Minds) and my two childern where able to watch their shows.

Room Tip: Pool view on the 4th floor you can actually see the Airport. It is beautiful and night!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Everything is new and fresh. Very modern design, yet comfortable. I have had trouble with airport hotels being less than par, and being from New York City, thought I had just been spoiled by some of the best, but this hotel is really a top choice for me. The rate was amazing, but the hotel is first class. (not what I remember Holiday Inn to be, but very pleased and surprised) This is right up their with Hyatt and Hilton...maybe even better. Just checked in, and service has been top notch from the pick up at the airport, through check in, a late lunch, and now a relaxing afternoon in the room. I could not have picked a better place to stay for the night. Also, was thrilled that this hotel has real high speed internet...they don't just say they do, and it is free. You can easily use a VPN on these data speeds (download 19.02/upload 9.75mbps) and not have any delays. I have learned for business travels, this is a key need for hotel, that most are lacking in.
Excellent job Holiday Inn...your team here is doing an amazing job, and your facilities are superb. I will be back. Also, I am not posting any photos, as the ones provided by the hotel are spot on. This place is new, and there is no bait and switch on photos. Very nice!

Room Tip: This hotel is right by the airport....you can barely hear the jets, and it is 4:17pm on a weekday, d...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2012

The hotel is a convenient location for travelers needing to be near the airport and I-85. The staff are helpful. The beds are very comfortable and have great sheets and pillows. I was concerned about noise near the airport, but had a wonderful nights sleep in a quiet and very clean room. The only thing that would have been nice would have been a free continental breakfast. Parking was very convenient, but was an extra $12 per night. The price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a triple A discount. I had a quiet room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank karensgetaways
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The rating on this hotel was based on the following disaster. I booked this hotel about two months ago. This hotel has been completely renovated and is very nice. I booked this hotel and booked 3bedroom suite. I even was charged in advance and had to pay in advance. I got confirmation for the suite with king beds. We arrived late in the evening. The hotel parking lot was not very full. I approached the front desk and stood at the platinum card holder line. There was one person at the desk already helping someone. Another lady approached and passed by me and went to two other subjects who were waiting in the other line. Problem 1: My understanding is ICH Platinum line is priority line for loyal customers to ICH chain. No big deal and I would not even be mentioning this until I tried to check in. I waited my turn about 15 minutes. I gave the lady my information and she pulled up my confirm. She then proceeded to ask me if I would like 2 double beds? I said no I requested and had confirm for king 3 bdroom suite. She then said that she did not have one available. I asked here why then did I have confirmation. She then proceeded to offer me two double bed rooms. REALLY, that is the best you can do two double rooms after I reserved and paid for 3bdroom suite,. I explained to her that we needed rooms with king beds and with separate area to keep my nephew from his parents rooms. I asked bout the room I reserved and she told me she would make some calls. I waited another 15 minutes. Finally she called me back up, and said the rooms were not available that I reserved as there was maintenance issue. I ask about the issue and she says she does not know. So now I have been told the rooms were no available and were being used to now there was maintenance issues. She then offered me two double beds again. After another go around she offered me two adjoining 1 bedroom suites. Great, so we got the rooms. We get to the room and they are not adjoin and are two rooms apart. Awesome. Front desk aweful service!!!
Good of this stay. We went to the restaurant hotel. The two ladies serving us were great!!! The chef who found out about all issues at check in. Came out and spoke with us and he also made up some special plates for in our room. This was extremely nice to do! At least he understands customer service. I would also like to compliment I believe his name was Fritz he was with security. He actually came to our table and apologized about the problems at check in. he also gave us the truth which was the hotel renovations were not complete and the three bedrooms suites were not completed and should not have been in the inventory. Ok makes sense should have just said that to start with. But giving me a line about rooms were already occupied then had maintenance issues. I have traveled enough to know things happen, but if you lie I got no patience for that. fritz offered us wine in our room nice touch but we declined. The chef came back out at the end of your meal which by the way the food was awesome. The fried peaches were to die for and the homemade icecream was awesome. He again apologized to us as he was leaving for the night. The food and the nice people in the restaurant made up for the checkin problem. We got up the next morning and when I went to check out there was a new lady at the desk. She knew who I was and said I just need to tell you something. That something was that I owed $5.06 for some form of tax. AWESOME after all this crap this hotel after offering me nothing and me have to plead and fight for two king bed suites, and we had to pay for dinner as well you now want $5.06. when I have a confirmation for room I paid for and I did not get and says paid in full!!! Great. I gave up and paid the $5.06.
Restaurant fabulous the food was high quality and worth visit
Hotel horrible, customer service non existent. You never offered anything no free meal, Oh ya the lady also told me breakfast was included and my wife and sisterin law had to pay as we were not given some ticket from front desk. This hotel in appearance is very nice and the renovations are nice. That is all overshadowed by aweful customer service.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Thomas B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your unfortunate experience on your visit here on December 21,2012. I sincerely regret the inconveniences and confusion at check-in as well as the unavailability of the reserved room type. Your comments about our Chef and Restaurant staff were very kind and we are happy you enjoyed our Restaurant.
I, too, am disappointed about the remainder of your stay as it was not up to your standards or ours. My e mail address is tbowen@hiatlantaairport.com. If you would be so kind to e- mail me your conatct information, I would like to discuss your visit further with you.

Respectfully yours,

Thomas R. Bowen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!