“Just What I Needed In More Ways Then One!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I needed a hotel near the airport and this Holiday Inn is one exit down from the Airport's Exit. (Note: because it is so close to the airport the gas stations in the area hike their prices like crazy for people like me returning a rental). What made this stay so special for me is that all morning long I could tell I was getting sick, by the time I was getting close to the hotel all I wanted to do was take a HOT shower, eat some soup, and crawl into bed and sleep for the rest of my life. The lobby is large, bright, and updated. Checking in was a breeze. Before I went to my room I went over to the beautiful business area to print my boarding pass. The computers were new, had large flat screens, were fast and the printer printed quickly and easily. I didn't even sit down that's how fast it went. My room was clean, updated, and had plenty of hot water. The tea and coffee was generously appointed. (I hate when Hotels skimp on inroom tea and coffee!!)I took that shower I wanted and tried to figure out my soup options. The lobby had a canteen area where you could buy soup and heat it up in their microwave but I honestly didn't want to go back to the lobby, that would have meant getting out of bed and putting on clothes. Thankfully they have a full service restaurant with room service. Not only that but they had Vegetable Soup! It didn't take long at all for the soup to arrive which is way I was a bit surprised that the soup was only lukewarm. I would have put it in the microwave for a few seconds but didn't have one in the room. Honestly I was too sick to care all that much at the time but had I been feeling well it would have annoyed me. The soup itself was way better than I expected! It was a large bowl and full of large vegetable pieces. Very hearty. They also were kind and accommodating and sent some crackers and a piece of bread that I asked for. I took two more hot showers (plenty of water and good pressure) and went to bed early. Being so close to the airport you could hear the occasional plane but it wasn't disturbing. Be aware that there is a $12 a day fee to park. I didn't use the wifi or any other hotel amenities so I can't comment on those. All in all, a lovely stay and I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

We are humbled by your great comments and your views of the new Holiday inn brand. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Holiday Inn brand Hotel with the TripAdvisor readership. I cannot wait to post your review on our bulletin board for all of our colleagues to read and enjoy! Your detailed description of your visit with us is topped only by the time you took to remember and relate the teams of the colleagues who were successful in making your stay so memorable. We will be sure to thank them for a job well done. I know they all join me in looking forward to welcoming you back again. In great health, so you can enjoy our great amenity’s our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel can offer. In the meantime, again, thank you very much for your review. We are grateful for your wonderful feedback about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to ensure our guests feels right at home with us and we are so pleased you found our team, food, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and the opportunity to create an ineradicable Hotel stay in our Holiday Inn in the future. “Success is simple. Do what's right, the right way, at the right time”. The team at this hotel has the most wonderful outlook and dedication to deliver excellence, thank you for noticing their efforts. We looking forward to your arrival, have great week. Sincerely, Nabil

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We visited this hotel December 2012. It was a complete disaster and customer service was AWEFUL! We did a review and got message back from the manager requesting to contact him if we ever stayed again. Obviously we did not contact the manager as if we did he would have ensured that everything was corrected. We revisited November 2013. We waited way to long for the shuttle and had to call the hotel who said the shuttle was on its way. 45 minutes later after the nice gentleman from the Hilton (Hilton is not a typo) offered to give us a ride over we arrived to find the shuttle in the parking lot with the driver busily texting away on his cell phone. Check in was was very smooth the lady behind the counter was very friendly and recognized me as platinum member and gave me an upgrade. She provided me with breakfast passes and welcome package. We proceeded to the room which are nicely renovated and we went to the restaurant. The manager greeted us and was very friendly. The restaurant in this hotel has very good food. We had the fried peached which are amazing and brownie sunday. I was able to print boarding passes no problems. Check out was un eventful and the shuttle was waiting for us. With the exception of the shuttle, the room was great, the great customer service was very good and it is good to see this. Hopefully 2012 was just one time occurrence.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We are grateful that you gave our hotel the second chance to change your view. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Holiday Inn and the brand direction with the TripAdvisor readers ,who like us, rely so much on all the valuable feedback such as yours. My colleagues and I thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt welcomed by our team. We all in every department strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found your room to be comfortable and pleasant. I assure you the transportation incident have been corrected this morning. We hope that you will stay with us next time you are in Atlanta. I would like to emphasis that we strive to ensure every guest of our hotel and our restaurant leaves with a wonderful and positive, lasting impression about the holiday inn and the direction we are going in creating a hotel that guests love. I hope you will allow my colleagues and I at the Holiday Inn more opportunity’s to create great experience for you in the near future. The team at this hotel has the most wonderful attitude and commitment to great service, thank you for noticing their efforts. Have great week. Sincerely, Nabil

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November. I was a little nervous about staying so close to an airport, but after checking in, my concerns quickly dissipated. The shuttle service to and from the airport was very convenient. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, and once I got to my room I was amazed at the size of the suite--it was huge! The suite had a TV (flat screen) in the bedroom and one in the living area. There was also a nice kitchenette area with a small dining table. The bed was firm and very comfortable to me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice, comfortable place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

I just finished reading your review and cannot wait to forward it on to our colleagues. We all get so much pleasure and inspiration from reviews like yours that let us know that we made your stay wonderful and we gained you as a loyal guest to the Holiday Inn Brand Hotels. We are humbled by your great comments and your views of the new Holiday inn brand. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Holiday Inn with TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your delightful response about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to deliver our Holiday Inn promise and create a hotel that guests love, and ensure our guests feels right at home with us and we are so pleased you found our team, food, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an ineradicable Hotel stay for you in our Holiday Inn in the future. “Putting on the same jerseys doesn’t make a team. You’re still just a collection of individuals until you find a common goal.” The team at this hotel has found the goal service and wonderful outlook and dedication to deliver excellence, thank you for noticing their efforts. I know all my colleagues join me in looking forward to welcoming you back again. Have great week. Happy Holidays .Sincerely, Nabil

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed at this location and it was the best experience ever! The room was super clean, the breakfast was great and I even got a good nights sleep in a hotel bed, which rarely happens due to hotels not having the best beds. However, this experience was totally different & I had to write about it. Great stay, outstanding staff, superior quality, thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your reflections and share your wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor readers. It is our gratification to always attend to all the needs of our guests. We are thrilled that you like our new Holiday Inn brand hotel and our team. Thank you! My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you again very much for sharing your comments on our Holiday Inn. We are so glade that our team delivers the Holiday Inn promise and created a hotel that guests love. We are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for recognizing the new Holiday Inn direction and for its great new product, outstanding guest services. Our teams are prude to be a part of the new Holiday Inn brand. I strongly belief that the team has a burning desire to be triumphant and they will be, by providing the same service and food and beverage quality to all of our guests like they provided for you. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future. Thank you and Have pleasant week Nabil.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel was conveniently close to the airport, and the meeting spaces were ideal for formal meetings, lunch breaks, and for casual conversation in the adjoining lounge spaces. The venue struck a balance between business and comfort, with the living-room type common areas added to the relaxed feeling. Decor is new, hip, and vibrant. I'm hoping my next meeting will be held here, too!

Room Tip: Suites were very spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with the TripAdvisor ridership. Thank you for your excellent and very detailed review of your meeting and stay at our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel. We are delighted that you and you team enjoyed the stay with our team. I am grateful that the our team at the hotel have presented great professionalism and fully attentive to all your needs during your meeting. I strongly believe our team has the burning desire to be successful. The team at our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel trust that “Every contact we have with our guest’s influences whether or not they'll come back. We have to be great every time or we'll lose them”. We will continue striving to get better with every opportunity and every day. Thank you for loving this team and the service they continue to provide to exceed our guests expectations. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to tour and visit Atlanta area as well. We hope your travels will bring you back to Atlanta soon, and that when they do you will again choose to stay at our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel! Have great week. Nabil

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My experiences with this recently remodeled Holiday Inns and Suites was very good. The property was recently renovated and is very contemporary and functional. I was upgraded to a suite, which was spacious and very comfortable. Personally, I didn't have a problem with the large shower, but some of our group felt they would have preferred a bath tub. The restaurant was reasonable for this class of lodging but the food service seemed to excel with meeting room services.

All in all, I felt this property was a good venue for our meetings and I wouldn't object to meeting here in the future.

Room Tip: If you want a bath tub, ask for a standard room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your valuable time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor ridership. We are pleased to hear that our Holiday Inn Brand hotel and staff lived up to your high expectations. Thank you for recognizing the new Holiday Inn Brand for its great new product, outstanding guest services, ideal location and exceptional comfort. Hearing feedback from devoted guests such as you is one of the many reasons our team are so proud to be a part of the new Holiday Inn. I will most certainly share your review with our team. We all firmly believe that it is our colleagues and there great attention to our guests needs what make the difference, which is proven by your remarks. Our front office team is one of the examples of the rest of our Teams. Once again, thank you for the kind words and thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn. We are looking forward to your return as our guest in the future, warmest regards, Nabil

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I would like to thank Dyantha Roland, Alicia Pendry, the Chef!, Joe in Banquet Service, Arthur in Media Service and the Front Desk Staff so very much for your excellent assistance and service.
Dyantha spent many hours working through our meeting contract, Alicia made sure the day to execution of details went seamlessly, everyone was amazed at the food service-Thank you Chef, Joe made sure all our set-ups were complete without a sound to disturb the speaker, Arthur was very helpful meeting our media needs, and the Front Desk staff was so courteous and professional. I can't forget the always smiling Banquet Captain with my BEO reviews.
I had not stayed at a Holiday Inn in several years and the renovation to this property is incredible, the rooms, baths and public spaces are beautiful. Thank you all again and I hope our meeting can return to your property in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

I am grateful for your wonderful response, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with the TripAdvisor readership. We appreciate all feedback from loyal guests such as you and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words concerning our outstanding Holiday Inn Brand Hotel. Our exceptional team, exquisite atmosphere and uncompromising service make us a truly unique destination, and we are honored to be your hotel of choice in Atlanta. We are beyond thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team members continue to improve and are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn brand. “"The quality of the individual’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor". I strongly trust that our team has the burning desire to be successful and deliver the quality service to our guests. The guest rooms were redesigned to feel like a cozy, modern residence and it seems like you felt right at home. We pride ourselves on our location and I think you described it perfectly. Anywhere you need to go; our close proximity to public transportation and close-by attractions is unbeatable. We can’t wait to have you back with us!. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back soon. Sincerely yours Nabil