“My stay at the Hotel and the Reservation coordinator”

Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Ranked #25 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had just come in from Afghanistan and we(my wife and I) could not find a hotel that We liked close to the airport so We stopped by this hotel and registered with no problem. Ms Netsanet Amare was the Reservation Coordinator that helped us. She greeted us immediately with a beautiful smile as soon as We approached the front desk and made my experience great. Ms Amare is a great asset to this hotel because her customer services skills and knowledge about the hotel is amazing. She was so fast that I was in my room in no time. I was blown away by how beautiful the room was. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I hope Ms Amare is the hotel coordinator on duty. All the staff was amazing but Ms Amare happened to wait on us.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the airport and approximately 15-20 minutes away from nice attractions and re...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Many thanks for such warm compliments. Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor readership. We were happy to have you join us and especially delighted to hear our team was able to provide you with our great Holiday Inn Promise and change your views. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to continue maintaining our efforts to offer you and the rest of our guests an exceptional stay. We strive to provide each guest with an elegant and luxurious experience and are pleased you both enjoyed your time here at our holiday inn brand hotel, Atlanta. We hope to have the pleasure of having you back soon!Nabil

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here twice over a week and this combines the experiences.

Plus:

- Rooms are mostly suites - whether one needs the space is a different question. They are generally nice though getting a bit run down
- Pool is nice. It was closed on the 1st trip but open later
- Easy airport access
- Friendly checkin

Nits:

- Airport pickup is ok at best. The hotel does NOT do pickups at the intl terminal but on calling twice the staff kept repeating that the shuttle would soon be there...it took a 3rd call before the person said, "No intl pickup, go to domestic" - aaaarrrgh. On check-in, the manager on duty was very apologetic (also promised 5000 pts which I have yet to see appear) but it would be more effective if this simple information was (a) properly communicated on the website and (b) communicated to the staff who answer the pickup info phone.

- while the room is well equipped, it lacks a safety box

- housekeeping: slow, slow and slow. Both the rooms next door were cleaned around 11am (the noise made me check the time) and then my room was bypassed. At 1.15pm I called to get them over; took a second call at 2pm before they showed up at 2.15. Unfortunately this happened over both the trips and not nice. The cleaning ladies are friendly so it's more of a management/scheduling issue
- breakfast: the buffet is ok at best...very limited choices. You'd be better off using the voucher for the cook to order
- noisy lobby
- avoid rooms close to the lobby; the shuttle noises are a pain

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your response and for posting the feedback and sharing your observation with TripAdvisor. I appreciate the observation you have provided. We certainly value the response; I do however apologize that your experience was anything less than exceptional. The Holiday Inn Brand Hotel teams pride themselves in giving impressive service to all of our guests and delivering the Holiday Inn promise. I do apologies that during your stay we were unable to deliver the great expectation that you rightfully deserve from the Holiday Inn Brand hotel. Your comments have been shared with our team to ensure this experience is not repeated again. The pool in this areas due to the weather open after Memorial Day, it is however opened last weekend. I am so sorry that you were unable to enjoy the wonderful pool. Again I do apologize for the inconvenience; please accept my apology for the entire unfortunate occurrence that you have experienced. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality when you return to Atlanta. I am so sorry; please contact me my cell 404-984-0006 to arrange compensation for these unfortunate incident. I assure you we will resolve this situation to your satisfaction and reassures you that we care; We wish you the best of days, have great day Nabil

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was in Atlanta for a business trip, staying at the north edge of the city, and decided to spend my last night closer to the airport to make it easier to catch an early flight. The hotel is in a fairly busy area and does not appear pedestrian friendly, however there are a few nearby restaurants, the hotel is located immediately off of I-85, and is a 2 minute drive away from the airport. Upon arrival the staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was impeccably clean and fresh. The lobby, restaurant and bar were extremely lively. My room was a suite which was extremely spacious and comfortable. Overall it was a pleasant one night stay. The company I work for has an agreement with IHG hotels and I have found the Holiday Inns to vary greatly in comfort and quality; this one was on the exceptional end of the scale.

Room Tip: Select a suite (reasonably priced) to enjoy a lot of room to move around.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

You made my day, I will be sure to make the teams day. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to express your assessments about our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel with the great new direction, outstanding product, and over-the-top service. We appreciate the fact you shared your experience with the TripAdvisor readership. We truly grateful for our team, there are the best assets any hotel can have. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; we are so happy you we gained you as a loyal guest and we are thankful that our team have delivered the Holiday Inn promise and created a hotel that guests love. Wow we changed your views, we will continue to encourage our team to provide the great service you experienced to all of our guests. Our mission is to provide our guests with the ultimate unforgettable hotel experience in terms of service and knowing that we have achieved that purpose is what makes our colleagues so excited and delighted to be of service. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future. Have pleasant week Nabil.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here before my flight back home.

I had read many good reviews on Tripadvisor and the price was good, so booked a room.

First impression is that the neighborhood is not great, but mainly for airport travelers. First hotel impression of hotel was bad, as it took me 20 minutes to find a parking spot.

The check-in was pleasant and was welcomed nicely. My suite was very spacious, clean and pleasant, if a little dark. The outdoor pool was not open, which was a shame, as I wanted a swim and to catch some rays (it was 84F degrees). Not sure why the pool was not open, but not good as there was no indoor pool.

The downsides were that the internet connection was very poor, almost not worth using at some points. Also, there was a lot of noise from the outside, primarily from the bloody shuttle buses reversing and beeping loudly every twenty minutes for the whole stay. Could also hear a lot of aircraft noise. Apart from that the room was very nice and the bed was very comfy.

To be honest, I was looking forward to the 'lovely, hot breakfast' that I was promised at check-in. I was very disappointed. The buffet was pretty pathetic, the hot food was greasy/overcooked and was had obviously not been replaced for a long time. the continental part was a bit of a joke and I had to complain to the waitress/manager. The manager did help me and sorted out a fresh cooked-to-order breakfast which was very nice.

I did like the 'Hub' and used the hotel's computer to print my boarding pass. The lobby was modern and pretty cool.

Overall, my stay was OK because my room was nice and that's about it. I will probably stay elsewhere when next in the area.(This always happens when I stray from Hilton hotels and try other chains - sorry Hilton, will be back next time)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for have taken the time to compose a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your thoughts and your feedback. Opportunities such as these are cherished as we receive your feedback and are always committed to improvement. It is with much regret to hear of your disappointment during your most recent stay. As you know, we are in the epicenter of continued Improving airport area. This is going through tremendous modernization. We would impress you for your next visits if you ever chose to give the hotel another chance. The pool sorry about that, we open the pool during the great time of May first to be sure the weather cooperate. Our neighborhood is a growing vibrant community with several new residential development projects taking place. Although our hotel is not affiliated with these projects, we will do our best to ensure the construction process does not interfere with your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you experienced and the inconvenience it caused. We do hope to welcome you back to Holiday Inn Atlanta airport, soon! have great day Nabil

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was only here for a night but it was a great night. Everything was very clean, the staff was very friendly. We stayed in a mini suite and it was great to have a seperate area for sitting and sleeping. The space was great. I loved the stand up shower also. From our room 420 we could see the airport and pool. Even though you could see the airport you werent able to hear the airport traffic/noise unless the baconly door was open. I wasnt able to try the free breakfast but im sure that was great also. I liked the decor of the whole place. The check in and check out was fast and easy. The only complaint I would say I have is that parking was $12 a night! I thought that was a little pricey. But I will be staying here again. :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I want to thank you for sharing you great review with TripAdvisor readership. Thank you so much for the "impeccable" review! I’m thrilled that you loved the ambiance and comfort levels of your guest room. We are grateful that our team have delivered the Holiday Inn promise and created a hotel that guests love. You know, even though our hotel been in this are for a long time, we’ve completed a 27million dollar renovation 2 years ago, and delivered the new look of the Holiday Inn Hotels. The word "service" is frequently used in business marketing plans; but for us at the Holiday Inn Hotel, service is not just a word “We are what we do, not what we say we'll do” Again, thank you for the feedback; we certainly appreciate it! Safe travels and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Sincerely yours Nabil

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Nice hotel with nice staff, just poor location. I much prefer hotels located on the other side of I-85 as it is near questionable hotels and such. Rooms are modern and comfortable. I stayed in a "mini" suite, which was nice because you have a living area and a separate bedroom with a balcony.

Room Tip: Suite with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor. I certainly understand that when change occurs, often it is followed by apprehension and in the case of a hotel, concerns about the impact on quality of service. I want to give you our total assurance and commitment that there is no need to be concerned but the location, service and great food and beverage , ultimate proof will be in having you visit the hotel to see for yourself. You might be pleased to know that more renovation and sprucing up in this area were completed and more in the way, we also have a new food and cocktail menu that I believe you will enjoy. We are receiving so many compliments on the subtle changes and additions we have made to the hotel. So please hurry back and experience the new Holiday Inn Brand Hotel, thank you has a pleasant week. Nabil.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have so many great things to report about this location.

** Shuttle service to and from ATL is outstanding. The nice lady driver with the hat is awesome!
** The rooms are spacious and modern and very, very comfortable. LOVE the fluffy pillows!!
** Soft toilet paper - for real, I've never stayed anywhere that uses Cottonelle. Thank you!
** Real hangers - not the stupid can't-steal-them ones.
** Wonderfully clean facilities
** Fluffy towels - so nice, and the shower is so wonderfully well lit!
** Outstanding food in the restaurant and it's very reasonably priced. The brkfst buffet is lovely - I could have eaten the breakfast pizza until I exploded, and they give you a to-go cup for your coffee. The servers were all super friendly, too.
** The shop in the lobby sells food items for very reasonable prices. It was nice to grab a quick, cheap, healthy snack.
** Laundry and workout facilities are very nice.
** Great location - nearby restaurants are abundant and of a great variety.

The only negative thing I can say is that the front desk seemed consistently understaffed and overworked. They were always nice, though. I asked them to tell maintenance to fix the broken shower handle in my room it never got fixed, but it wasn't unusable so, really, it was no big deal.

I will stay here again - and can't give it enough stars!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you, we are grateful that to have you as our loyal guest. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Holiday Inn and the brand direction with the TripAdvisor readers. My colleagues and I thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt welcomed by our team. We all in every department strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found your room to be comfortable and pleasant. I would like to emphasis that we strive to ensure every guest of our hotel and our restaurant leaves with a wonderful and positive, lasting impression about the holiday inn and the direction we are going in creating a hotel that guests love. Thank you for your observation about the front desk; we have corrected the schedule to be sure we have sufficient staffing. We also fixed the shower handle thank you for bringing it to our attention. We certainly appreciate your feedback , it is the feedback what makes the team stronger thank you .I hope you will allow my colleagues and I at the Holiday Inn more opportunity’s to create great experience for you in the near future. The team at this hotel has the most wonderful attitude and commitment to great service, thank you for noticing their efforts. Have great week. Sincerely, Nabil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!