“Nice hotel, helpful staff”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I've stated here a few times. The staff is always helpful and nice. Rooms are clean and updated.

• Stayed: February 2012
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for coming back to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Atlanta

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Hyatt's are always nice, but unfortunately this one has slipped a little over the past 3 years. The whole bar and restaurant have been revamped, and the quality of the food has deteriorated. I used to think that their restaurant had one of the 10 best burgers in the country, but they now they have an inferior patty with the same taste as all the other hockey pucks you seem to get. On a positive note, they still have the most friendly lady in the world (and I can't remember her name) who serves you for lunch with warm Southern hospitality in their restaurant. I believe she said she had been working there for more than the past 20 years! The room was beautifully decorated, current, and clean. Unfortunately house keeping was a little off with their failure to replace paper cups (after throwing out all of the existing open ones) and they also left a bottle of cleaner in my room. I really miss glass glasses in a top end hotel and wish they provided liquid creamer with their in-room coffee maker (they only had the powder). For those who want to save some money on transportation, the hotel can't be much more conveniently located to a MARTA stop (Peachtree Center Station) which is a direct line from the Atlanta airport. Fare is $2.50 each way with a Breeze card costing an additional dollar! There is also presently construction going on that wasn't communicated during my reservation process. Two of five elevators were out of service which made for crowded trips and long waits to get to and from your room.

Room Tip: Balconies are only available in the older part of the hotel and not the new Radius Tower.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

A quick 2 nite stay Feb 2-4,2012 mainly to visit the Georgia aquarium.Aquarium was worth every penny.Hotel check in was fast and friendly with a confirmation of breakfast and a morning newspaper being included in the rate.Room on the 9th floor was spotless and modern with flat screen tv,but kind of small and very noisy overnite from outside street noise.Buffet breakfast was very good,but wait staff not helpful at all with coffee or juice once they found out you ordered the buffet.No morning paper delivered on either morning,asked front desk about it both mornings,but was simply told "oh well".On checkout was charged for breakfast,and was told my room did not include breakfast.Fortunately I had my confirmation with me that clearly stated breakfast was included,and had the charges reversed , but without apology.On the ride back to the airport,read over the rest of my bill,and it reads that if newspaper is not received,a one dollar credit will be applied,but did not receive this credit,only $2 but still should have received this.
Very conveinent to the aquarium,great to be on the Marta line,but next time will stay across the street at the Hilton.

Room Tip: I would sy the higher the better to keep away from street noise overnite
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sandals cay
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a conference and the conference rooms were very nice. Lunch was very good, I would recommend the sweet potato cheesecake very highly! My room was in the radius tower on a high floor. When I opened the door and waled in, there was a very musty smell in the room. I called the front desk and they brought keys for a different room on the same floor. The new room looked exactly like the first room, but didn't smell as bad. The room was a wedge shape and pretty small, but plenty of room for a single traveler. The bathroom was small, but modern and very nice with new granite counters and white vessel sink. The stand up shower had glass doors and adequate ventilation and the lighting was very good at the mirror. Decor is modern and neutral and there was a nice sized flat screen tv on a swing arm wall mount. There was also a small desk, office chair, and armchair with ottoman, and armoire. In general, it was nice but the carpet needs cleaning (that's where the smell was) and the lampshades were stained. I would stay here again, but would request a room in the main building rather than the tower.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Summary: small, comfortable room with easy access from the airport and a nice workout area, some issues with dirt but overall a recommend.

Details: The hotel is easily accessible from the Peachtree Center stop on the Marta light rail line. This makes the hotel a fairly short trip from Atlanta Hartsfield Airport. Since I had checked in online, I was sent a check in form with a bar code. At the hotel I scanned the bar code and my credit card at an automated check in kiosk. The system failed to issue my room key and I had to get assistance from the check in desk. Despite this small problem check in was fast.

I was assigned a room in the Radius Tower, a 21 story room tower separate form the main portion of the hotel. The tower itself is cylindrical with a glass curtain wall wrapped exterior. Three elevators serve the rooms form the center of the tower, and they provided access with a minimum of wait time.

With a round cross section, it is not surprising that my room was shaped like a slice of pizza. Room entry is at the narrow end of the slice, and the wide end of the slice is the floor to ceiling glass curtain wall. Upon entering the room you are faced with a double door closet and storage unit, with hangers, drawers, safe, ironing board and iron inside. To the right is a small corridor which leads to the bed, to the right is a small bathroom with a pocket door.

The bathroom was small, but nicely appointed. It featured a glass door walk in shower, and of course a sink and toilet. Counter space was limited. The shower water pressure was lower than I prefer, but there was no shortage of hot water. With the pocket door closed it was a tight space.

As noted above, to the right of the entry area a small corridor leads to the bed area. The room had a single queen bed, a small desk area, a chair and ottoman. A flat panel TV was attached to the wall via a flexible mount, allowing it to be turned to a variety of angles. The bed was very comfortable, but the desk area was tight.

As noted the room has a full length floor to ceiling window along the bedding area. The window is well curtained, so if full window views make you queasy you should have no worries. The window are framed such that there is a metal channel at the bottom window that runs along the floor. It is a filth trap, and the one in my room was pretty nasty. However if you never open the curtain you will not see it. That is why it is probably never cleaned. Outside of that the remainder of the room was clean enough.

The room heating and air conditioning system worked well. I liked the fact that the fan can be set to stay on all of the time. That said, the fan in this room was pretty loud. That doesn't bother me, as it easily drowns out any exterior noises. Even without the fan on the room was pretty quiet.

The workout area had 8 or 10 treadmills and the same number of ellipticals. The area included weight machines, free weights, and other equipment.

My interactions with hotel staff were minimal but in all cases the employees were friendly and helpful. I did not eat in the hotel restaurants. The hotel is connected to the Peachtree Center, and there are a number of fast food type eateries within a short walk. There is an open lobby bar and a small coffee shop market in the lobby also.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights last April and had an OK experience. I have no complaints as far as the room goes, it was extremely clean and spacious. The bed/pillows were extremely comfortable and I slept comfortably both nights I was there. I did have an issue with some of the front desk staff & their behavior during my stay. Some of the staff was unprofessional and I complained to the front desk about this. I did have a manager look into this and was provided a slight credit, but later learned that a friend who had a similar situation was provided with an even larger credit than I was. Not sure if this was due to him being a male, but our experiences were the same and he received more of a hotel credit than I did. Overall, a nice hotel minus the rude staff I dealt with.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank depechegirl02
HyattAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding this matter. Please check your inbox for hotel contact information.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have stayed in Hyatt Regency Atlanta for 4 nights over New Year and it was overall a great experience. When I arrived, I was greated by a friendly doormen, who also asked if I needed any help. During check-in, I asked if I could get a room with a good view, and was given the best possible room (which was almost impossible due to the timing of my stay).
The room was renovated and of a good size - no complaints about the cleanliness or quality, and the bed was GREAT :-)
All my questions and requests were answered timely and in a very professional manner -help with booking or printing tickets for Hawks game and tips for the surrounding area. The hotel is located VERY close to the MARTA station (go left around the corner from the entrance, cross one street and down the stairs) and Centennial Park, CNN and other interesting attractions are also a short walk away)
Oh, and when you there, stop by in the new S'way restaurant in the hotel lobby - the food is amazing and the staff VERY friendly and helpful

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your New Years stay! We strive to make sure each and every guest is comfortable and gets assistance with all of their needs. I am glad we met your expectations and hope to have you with us again on your next visit to the states.