“Just a great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Atlanta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #34 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hickory, North Carolina
“Just a great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed July 1 to July 4.A extremely nice young lady named Zheralyn check us in.We knew then we had a good place .She was so friendly and so helpful.Gave us just the room we wanted. Every member of the staff we can acrossed was so nice.I lot of reviewers complained about the parking.The valets at the hotel directed us to a lot acrossed the street 18 dollars a day with in and out privilges 10 if you were just parking.Being asked how your stay was and can I help you was a breath of fresh air.We will not look any further for a hotel in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you were pleased with our hotel and that you had enjoyed your interaction with our staff. We will be sure to pass your comments on to Zheralyn and look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Atlanta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

i thought this place was very nice. from reading tripadvisor i knew to ask for the international tower. nice large king room on 20. well appointed with tricky beding. nice desk, chairs, flat screen tv and small fridge. great location. near olympic park, lots of eateries, georgia aquarium and marta. we took train from airport to hotel without going out into 100 degree heat - great; $5 roundtrip. thought staff was very good and extremely southern friendly. group rate was $99 and included very nice breakfast buffet at sway. excellent price, quality ratio.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience the convenience of riding MARTA to and from the airport. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.
Kansas City, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I'm a Gold Passport Member and when I want a higher quality stay for not a lot of cash, I always pick Hyatt. This particular location does not meet my expectations for a Hyatt. My boyfriend and I stayed in a queen size room (I reserved a King...I even called the week of to confirm) which was just VERY small for two people. The room and hotel overall were clean, but in desperate need of a remodel. I read others claim the hotel had an impressive lobby, and 10 years ago that may have been true, but I found it to be outdated. Self-parking is a reasonable price but a pretty good walk back to the hotel. When compared to the $32 valet, which was full when we arrived, I was okay with the self-park option. The hotel is in very close proximity to Centennial Park, MARTA stations and downtown, which is a plus. I would point out that since this is in a well-traveled location, there is a lot of foot traffic and activity in the hotel at all hours. We arrived at 3am due to travel delays, and there seemed to be a large population of people just hanging out in the lobby who did not appear to be guests. I found this to be a little unsettling. We also opted for the free breakfast option...Sway is an absolutely terrible restaurant and the wait staff was not impressive either. Save the money and walk through the peachtree center for breakfast at one of the places in the food court.

Overall: there are nicer hotels with comparable prices within a stone's throw of this hotel, and there's even another Hyatt reasonably close. If given the choice to do it again, I would've stayed elsewhere. I was not in the room long enough to warrant a change of hotel or room, otherwise I would have tried to do one or the other.

Room Tip: Radius Tower is considered the quiet section as there are fewer rooms per level...however these are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We have various different sized rooms within the three towers and we apologize if you were unable to get what you reserved. At times this may vary based on the way you booked your reservation. We have also just recently completed our $65 million transformation and offer renovated guestrooms and three brand new dining options. We're disappointed to hear about your experience in Sway. We have a detailed training program for our staff and our Executive Chef's top priority is to maintain a first-class experience (supported by our local, sustainable program). We intend to follow up with the staff regarding your experience. We do face an increased demand over the July 4th holiday due to our central location in the heart of downtown and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope you give us the opportunity to "wow" you in the future.
Montgomery, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel was really nice. It was in the middle of downtown which was very convenient. The service was impeccable and all the staff were very attentive. Although small, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very small as well. Literally only one person can get in the bathroom at a time, but I did like the glass enclosed stand up shower (no tub). We only stayed overnight so it served its purpose. It was a great deal. We got it off hotwire and only paid $63 ($82.00 after tax). Would definitely stay here again.

The only downfall was the $32.00/night parking however, it's worth paying. I tried to tell my husband to pay but he wouldn't listen. He took the cheap route and parked our car in one of the downtown parking lots that was $10.00. Well, he forgot to "re-feed" at 3:00 a.m. and the next day when he went to retrieve the car, there was a boot on the wheel (which I had a feeling the car would either be towed or booted). So instead of paying the $32/night with in and out privileges like I suggested, we ended up paying $10 for parking, $75 for a boot, and another $15 for the violation! So, pay the money for the valet parking and don't make the mistake we made.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and sorry to hear about what happened with your car. We understand how some people feel about the rate of parking but it is competitive to our comp set. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
Barrow, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I seem to always remember this hotel's lobby due to the impressive decor; best I have seen in the USA. I actually found it relaxing to relax in those seats people never seem to use. My room was clean and modern with the exception of the bedding which seemed dated. The room was a bit cramped for only myself and I had a double. Location of the hotel is great for seeing some of the touristy attractions, however there are some great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fuzzi B
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have just completed a $65 million transformation and are glad that you liked what you saw! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Enjoyed my recent stay in the International Tower, 19th Floor. The hotel was quiet, with great food and drinks at Sway and 22 Stories. Good customer service. In walking distance to many restaurants and other conveniences.

Shocked at the deals other got on room rates, my conference rate was $199 a night, I see reviewers who received rates of $89/night on priceline.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back with us soon.
Centreville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

My business trip to Atlanta started out fantastic because the easy use of MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) at the airport; walked off plane walked onto MARTA. From the ease of getting a fare card to the cleanliness of the train to dropping me right off at the Hyatt, it beat renting a car and driving/fighting traffic on the Interstate and city streets. Train fare was a fantastic value, $3 each way.
My stay at the Hyatt was also very pleasant; room excellent; dining choices were many (in hotel and in the local area; PittyPat's Porch was two blocks away as was the Hard Rock Cafe); and if your "association" is holding a conference the facilities were 1st rate!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love it when our guests are able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location and the ease of traveling to the airport. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.