“Standard 4* Conference Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #34 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Angeles, California
“Standard 4* Conference Hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hotel seems to be a standard 4* conference hotel located in downtown Atlanta, geared towards the business traveler. The hotel is centrally located and quite large. We stayed for only one night in a King Room in the International Tower.

The room was clean and functional. There was a good sized flat panel tv and a spacious desk area. I believe there was also a small balcony (which we did not use at all). The bed was comfortable but not exceptionally so. With so many amenities in the room it actually made the room feel a bit smaller than it probably was. I believe our wireless internet access was free as my wife has Platinum status with Hyatt. We had no problem connecting to the wireless and the speed was adequate.

Valet parking is in an underground lot and costs $32/day with in/out privileges. No self parking is available. Apparently there is a covered self-parking garage about two blocks from the hotel (31 Baker Street) where Hyatt guests can self park for $18 / day (also with in/out). I chose to valet since it was a rainy day.

We did not eat at any hotel restaurants but did patronize one of the hotel shops. A bit overpriced but that was expected. Comparable to an airport shop, ie full of things you forgot to pack but at twice the price.

Hotel staff was friendly and efficient. We never had problems finding assistance when we needed something. I forgot my travel shaving cream and the hotel desk sent some up promptly upon request.

We would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in May as a staff member for a high school quiz bowl national championship tournament. I do have to say that it being a Hyatt, I expected the experience to be high quality. This hotel did not disappoint me. The staff at check-in was very helpful which extended to the food staff and the bell hop. Never ran into any staff member that was rude. The room I stayed in was very clean and nice. Very comfortable bed. Food at the breakfast buffet was excellent and I always left satisfied.
I also tried the hotel bar (22 stories), while the food and drinks there were good, I felt the menu was too expensive, even for a hotel bar. The good news is the hotel is attached to the Peachtree Center which has a food court, so if you are eating on a budget, you can grab a quick bite to eat there. Next time, I will probably wind down at a local bar/restaurant nearby. Overall, I would definitely stay there again if I travel back to Atlanta for pleasure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed 17 August 2012

this was my first time staying at this property. I had a great experience. The front desk people were very helpful and pleasent. The room was very nice. I felt very comfortable and relaxed the entire stay. Had dinner at the bar and took the suggestion of the bartender, and the food was excellent. Service at this Hyatt was wonderful. The Hyatt Regency will be my first choice the next time I am in the area.

Olympia, WA
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The Hyatt Regency Atlanta provides excellent customer service. I also appreciated the 24-hour market where I got one of the best mochas ever! It was also helpful to be able to take a short walk to a small mall with many food court choices to choose from.

The staff during check in were great. Your staff in your restaurant provided great service, too and the food was delicious.

My checkout using the kiosk was easy as pie.

I will recommend your establishment to others.

Tucson
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt last week for a conference. I thought the staff was very helpful, asking me if I needed help when I looked a little lost and giving me great information. The room had one of the better desk setups that I've used. It was great for the work I had to do in-between conference sessions. And the bed was super. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room near the top. Great views.
Copperhill, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Checked in.....what a mess.....parking was bad and over priced....front desk staff was not helpful and uninformed...and the internet is slow.....my room was dirty....i found a coat hanger at head of my bed that wasn't from me or hotel..

Concierge lounge was closed because of low occupancy....no warning before i checked in...i had a coupon for this and wanted to use it for the evening appetizers and was given nothing in place of it...i had breakfast included in my rate...so i didn't need it for it....Checked in and ask about the parking price because in the past they had a discounted rate for parking and have comped parking. Well not this time. You can park across the street for 10 so I wanted to know before i let them park the car. Front desk staff wasn't aware of anyway to do anything with the parking....car got parked while i was checking in. Went to my room and my room keys didn't work....went back down to front desk and got another key....lots of front desk helpers around but no one helping...finally got new keys and off to my room....got in room tried to connect to internet and was unable too...i called front desk and they told me it was because i didn't have a credit card on file....i told lady that i did give my card info when i checked in...she said it wasn't there and I would have to come back to front desk.....go down to front desk and lady then tells me oh i can't make you give a credit card because it is included in your rate and the internet will work now....i ask for the lady i spoke to on the phone and she said that what i was told was impossible....went to room and internet still didn't work...called again and they put me thru to it and they ask if i had been to front desk yet....i told them yes....finally they got it working....found door stop in bathroom broken and facuet dirty .....left for the evening and came back and found a plastic coat hanger in top of my bed....not sure where it came from and was really to tired and frustrated to care at that point...checked out early and went to hotel across steet...concierge lounge was open and the room was clean

1 Thank Jeff P
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed at hyatt to attend a health conference. Excellent choice and the check in kiosks are a great idea. Pity they didnt work on check out.
rooms large and well appointed, quiet and very large flat screen tv. All good so far.
But then they spoil it all by charging $12.95 per day for a second rate spotty internet connection. I can go to any Starbucks pay $2.00 for a coffee or stay in any motel, and i get free, first rate high speed internet.
But for some reason 4 and 5 star city center hotels make you jump through hoops, sign onto a internet service, sign an agreement, and pay over money for what is often a lousy internet connections.
When are these hotel chains going to wake up and realize that we business travelers do not appreciate being nickel and dimed for internet?
My other gripe was the paper cups in the bedrooms. My 18 year old single malt night cap deserves better
Overall even after paying for Internet the hotel was still excellent value. Staff good and facilities first class. Increase the room rate by another $5 or $10 per night and forget the internet charges.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple