Hyatt Regency Atlanta
US$517
US$485
US$538
4,420 results
All reviewsinternational towerradius towersway restaurantatrium towerpeachtree mallfood courtheart of downtownvalet parkingattending a conferencebeautiful hotelbusiness tripworld of coca colafitness centerking roomgeorgia aquariummarta stationolympic park
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta for three days for a conference. Here are the good things: clean, nice room, incredibly helpful and friendly staff, beautiful lobby, and a GREAT hotel restaurant called Sway. Sway has some of the best upscale southern cuisine I've ever had, and I am from the south. Here are the not so good things: everything you do has to be accessed on their video/TV linksys system (room service, movies, internet), and mine wasn't working. When I told them, they were really nice but suggested I didn't know how to use it and gave me instructions. Two days later and lots of trying later, I told them again, and they said they would send someone up who never arrived. My Kindle Fire wouldn't pick up any internet at all, and I had no movies, so I was reduced to relaxing by watching movies on my phone. I got a hard copy room service menu and tried ordering the old fashioned way on the phone and stayed on hold for ten minutes, Coffee service in the room is really Motel 6 level -- paper cups, poor grade coffee, old fashioned one cup maker, powdered creamer. Do NOT order food at the main bar, 27 Stories -- it took forever and was not very good. DO order food at the bar in Sway -- it's not crowded, has a much better drink selection, and the food is fantastic. And the bartender was fantastic also. For the money, I'd expect much better quality and service overall.

Room Tip: The higher floors have great views of Atlanta.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thanks for your comments. We are very proud of what our Executive Chef has done with Sway. We agree it's some of the best Southern food around. Thanks for mentioning. And we apologize that your in-room technology was not working. We are making improvements to the system. Hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We (3 people) booked the Hyatt Regency for the night of the NFC Championship game. Hotels.com had a special for free valet parking and free Internet. Couldn't pass it up because we saved almost $50 (overnight parking is at least $30 wherever you stay in Atlanta). Pretty easy to find off I75-South. Called to get an early check-in, but was told to come to the hotel to see what was available. When I arrived, the line looked long (4 or 5 deep), but they had at least 8 customer service reps behind the front desk! Nice! It moved quick, but the room wasn't ready. Said she would take our phone number and call when it was available. In the meantime, we could store our stuff in the room behind the concierge. Had the car valet parked, and a minute later, we had our stuff on a shelf with a receipt for pick up later. We ate at a place close to the hotel, and within 45 minutes, they had called to say our room was ready. On NFC Championship weekend, I was very impressed with how smooth everything went! The hotel itself was beautiful with inwardly facing doors to an open area, and the room was clean and neat. The standard double bed rooms are full (not queen), so it's a little close if you're not sleeping with your significant other. Overall, a great hotel in a great location, and it wasn't too far of a walk from the stadium (less than 1 mile). I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

We're really glad you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for mentioning our outstanding staff. Having the NFC Championship game in Atlanta was a great experience. There's always next year! Hope you and your friends will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was. The decor was clean, modern, and very up-to-date. So convenient to everything downtown. Staff very helpful. Will definitely make another stay here on my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Sthrnfoodie
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Wow, thanks for your comments. We've just completed a $65 million transformation, so glad it showed! And thanks for mentioning our hard-working staff. Please stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Heart of downtown within walking distance to everything. Next door to MARTA (train station) & plenty of restaurants. Take train from airport to downtown Peachtree station & you will be 1 block away. Nearby to Centennial Park, CNN center,Georgia Dome, Aquarium, Arena, etc.

Room Tip: No need for rental car if staying downtown.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frisco_Ron
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

So glad you and your family had a great stay with us. People forget we're right next to MARTA, so thanks for pointing that out. Hope your and your family can stay with us again!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely and modern this hotel is. We stayed for New Years Eve Downtown Countdown at the facility, and really liked the room. The web check-in is convenient and super fast. The room was nicely decorated with VERY comfortable beds, but the best part was the balcony! Seriously. What hotels allow windows to open anymore, much less have a balcony in downtown?! We absolutely loved the view and being able to step outside for a glass of wine.

The only downside is the absolutely ridiculous parking. $32 a night and only valet. Ok, so it's New Years, we'll do it. Uhm, no. At 6pm, the valet was already full. The drop off area was a total cluster, and the valets were not much help at all. The only parking was a garage that was 3 blocks away and $18 a night. The valets couldn't even tell us clearly how to get there. Blah. I expected more from a hotel of this caliber, and that's what drops the review down for me.

Room Tip: We were on the 19th floor which was pretty quiet. Balconies are fantastic from up there.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodi T
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. We had fun on NYE, too! It was a great event, thanks for coming. And thank you for your comments. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. Please stay with us again. Happy New Year!