“Exceptional stay and staff”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Exceptional stay and staff”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I booked the Hyatt for a birthday celebration in downtown and from the second I pulled into valet I was treated like a queen, then to the front desk where they found out it was my birthday and upgraded me to a corner suite, the bellman had a free bottle of wine sent to us for my special day, and everything in between was just phenomenal. I work in the industry and was beyond impressed with how things were ran. I loved when I called room service they gave me an ETA and were punctual with that as well as friendly and engaging when delivering the food...which was outstanding. Not once did I ever feel like any one person on the staff did not care about my stay. From trash being picked up outside my room with the room service trays within minutes to extremely punctual arrival of the bellman upon checkout. This was a stay I will remember forever and they made my birthday one for the books. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know and I will definitely come back for my next "staycation" or celebration. Thank you Hyatt Regency staff for an amazing experience and showing me how a hotel and it's staff should really treat their guests.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are room for 4 or more. Very spacious and great view overlooking the city!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danielle S
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Happy (belated) Birthday! It's so great to hear our staff treated you with true royalty, not just because it’s your birthday, but because as a Hyatt Regency guest you deserve the best service and accommodations. At the hotel, we realize that every single one of our employees has a chance to impact each guest's experience, from the front drive, check in/out, In Room Dining and to a simple “Hello” in the hallway. You are special to us, a special guest and a special friend. Stay with us and any of your concerns or worries will be wiped away as our staff is well-trained and aware of your needs and wants. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again, soon! Whether it’s for another birthday celebration or a simple staycation, we welcome you with a Southern smile and greeting each and every time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orange County, California
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently just for a night but wish it was longer. After staying at hotels all over the world and both of us working in the industry we really appreciate genuine service.
The Hyatt certainly exceeded our expectations in regards to service. The front desk team were all friendly and very helpful, valet team were well trained and our bar tender in the lobby bar was outstanding. She remembered our names, gave great drink recommendations and even made sure we had some yummy nachos to take back to have in our room.
We will definitely be returning in the near future and be staying for a few nights! Thank you

Room Tip: We paid a small amount to upgrade to a Deluxe Suite and it was well worth it as very spacious and ha...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brendan88
HyattAtlanta, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thanks for staying with us! Your review and appreciation for our services and staff carry much value and we appreciate the time you've taken to share your experience. Our entire training program is based on genuine hospitality and southern charm, we are in the South! So glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Twenty-Two Storys, our lobby bar is a great spot for drinks to socialize and simply kick back. Happy the bar staff could make you feel at home. We, too, hope you will visit again --hopefully for longer than one night. See you then!
South Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta several times since it first opened in the summer of 1967. Our experience has always been the best. The staff is always courteous and helpful, and the accomodations have always been top notch. Plus, it is centrally located; close to all that is happening in Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GT70
Thanks for staying with us, and more importantly for being such loyal patrons of Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Your loyalty means so much to us and shows that even as the years pass, our mission of providing memorable service, top-notch amenities and accommodations to our guests continues to live on. As a new update, our beloved spinning, roof-top restaurant Polaris will be re-opening First Quarter of 2014. We know you remember our well-known restaurant, and we are very pleased to welcome it back in 2014. Be sure to revisit soon and enjoy a delicious, enjoyable experience up in the blue dome!
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

An employee benefit that I am fortunate to have from the healthcare organization for whom I work is a corporate discount at Hyatt hotels. I have resided at the Hyatt Regency during my recent visits to Atlanta and each stay has been truly exceptional! A spacious, clean and comfortable room with very nice amenities and splendid downtown views. But most of all, the Hyatt Regency Hotel staff members make me feel genuinely welcomed with their politeness, courtesy and professionalism. Always a great experience!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe F
Wow! Thanks for all the great words about our property and our hard-working staff. We have an exceptional team and an amazing product to offer our guests: a memorable stay at a top-notch Atlanta hotel that has your best interest in mind. We hope to continue seeing around during your trips to Atlanta. See you soon!
NJ
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We visit Atlanta several times a year and recently began staying at this property. We truly appreciate the "we are here to please atmosphere." It is apparent that the staff is well trained. Everyone we came in contact with was pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: Regency club is always a plus!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Welcome to the Hyatt family! We love being part of your common trips to Atlanta. That "we are here to please" atmosphere is very accurate and obvious around every corner of the hotel. It's so wonderful to hear that you have recognized this great trait of the hotel. And thank you for the kind words about our staff. Everyone is thoroughly trained to ensure your stay is flawless and relaxing. We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming Atlanta trips!
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his company Christmas party and from check in to check out, all through our events, in room dining experience, everything was amazing! Everywhere we went and every person we came in contact with had a bright smile on their face and went above and beyond to not only meet, but exceed our needs. I felt like we got the royal treatment. If that is a standard stay at Hyatt, I don't think I'll ever stay at another brand. Absolutely amazing!!! Not to mention the property itself is gorgeous!

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to get a city view, but I have had the opportunity to stay in all three towers...
Green Features: I am impressed with Hyatt's green initiatives.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your time and we're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's so wonderful to know that every experience of your stay was memorable and well-received. Our staff is truly excited for your stay and making you feel at home. That royal treatment you experienced during your stay is a common trait when you stay with us. And we think our property is beautiful, too! Visit again soon!
Millbrook, Alabama
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was a very nice, comfortable room with a lot of space and cozy beds. It was a handicap room that met all mobility challenges. It was a bit noisy as it was five floors above the bar and there was a lot of celebration both in the hotel and in the streets because of the great Auburn University victory in the SE Conference Championship. This helped make the noise acceptable. The room service and meals were very good and the staff service professional and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Because of the noise from the bar, the higher the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business